PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you believe Tom Brady is playing for his job against Tennessee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

Next question.

The belief is they want him back at x price as opposed to they don't want him back at all

There is no way that the team doesn't want him back at all unless he is not available (i.e. retired). It is always a question of X and that will be up to how BB/Caserio et al evaluate his season and what it means for 2020.

We only see the finished product on how it executed on Sundays. How he has looked in practice relative to all the other issues is much more important than any of his seasonal stats.

There is no way that the team doesn't want him back at all unless he is not available (i.e. retired). It is always a question of X and that will be up to how BB/Caserio et al evaluate his season and what it means for 2020.

We only see the finished product on how it executed on Sundays. How he has looked in practice relative to all the other issues is much more important than any of his seasonal stats.
Seeing how he has elbow and toe injuries, the evaluations from practice need to be assessed with that consideration.

Think Tannehill's already got that job.

I agree, and good for him. It's a nice story. But if anyone's future depended on this game it would be more so Tannehill's than Tom's.

I think we can all agree Brady hasn’t had a good season. If we do manage to go on and win the SB he’ll retire. If we don’t, he’ll want to stay. He wants that 7th ring. Question is will BB and Kraft want to keep him around after a poor season?

Knowing Brady, after having a poor season by his standards, he’ll come out and have a blinding post season and everyone will be saying he is going to play into his 50’s. Let’s hope so.

Do I believe after 325 career games that Brady is singing for his future supper tonight?

tenor.gif

Before you guys rate my thread funny or confused :D:confused:

Let me say I have been very down to Earth since our loss to Miami. I am not saying this is Bradys last game. I also think we win. I am also prepared for sky is falling posts by a guy with a Gronk avatar and a a fat guy jumping out of a boat avatar (now a generic avatar) :rolleyes:

Do you believe Tom Brady is playing for his job or these playoffs will mean nothing in a decision? Lets say Patriots fall to Tennessee 27-13 and Brady has two picks versus a Patriots win of 14-35. Brady tossing touchdowns.

Do you feel the outcome will potentially decide Bradys fate?

Also, screw Tomlin!!!:D
tumblr_oabiryFmsK1v6mqeeo4_400.gif

LOL please. "playing for his job." If Brady isn't here next year it's because the two sides couldn't agree on a contract that made sense for both parties, not because the Patriots are somehow "done" with Brady.

The decision on whether the Pats will try to keep Brady or not has already been made. Nothing that happens tonight (other than a significant injury that might linger into next season) can change that.

Personally, I don't know if Brady will be back. Knowing Belichick's history of not being overly sentimental and wanting to move on from players a year too early rather than a year too late, I am guessing if it is totally up to him that this might be Brady's last home game as Patriot. I think Kraft is the wild card. Does he make Belichick make an effort to bring Brady back.

After this year though, Brady might decide to retire. I have always thought he might be like Marino and not be willing to admit to himself that it is time to walk away from the game and play a year or three too long after his skills have deteriorated. But I am rethinking that since I don't know if there is going to be that QB spot that he go into a team that is a QB away from being a contender.
Actually... consider the Colts. They've got a really, really good o-line and a couple talented wideouts (TY Hilton is very, very good when healthy) and some young WRs that are beginning to show a bit of promise.

That and there's a very large belief in the Colts fanbase that they're a QB away from contending. They were contenders before Luck retired. Brissett held his own in the first half but the team kinda crumbled around him and his own weaknesses got exposed. Brissett's on a 1 year deal at a price that wouldn't be difficult to get out from under. It would not be hard to get rid of Brissett and offer the job to Brady if he was on the market. Colts fans don't love Brady but that would change in a hurry if he started winning them football games.

It's not something I like admitting, but there's a fit there. A fit that could at least push the Colts into contender status, since they were a couple key injuries from being there anyway with Brissett.

Knowing Brady, after having a poor season by his standards, he’ll come out and have a blinding post season and everyone will be saying he is going to play into his 50’s. Let’s hope so.

Was his poor season due to age catching up to him? Partially. But most of the reason for his poor season is no WR talent outside of Edelman (who's been playing hurt the bulk of the season), injuries to the O-line and Shaq and Markus having wildly inconsistent seasons and getting absolutely nothing from the TE position.

Part of that is on some poor drafting (or nonexistent drafting in the TE position's case) and bad luck (like Andrews with his health issues). I'm sure BB and Brady know this too.

Actually... consider the Colts. They've got a really, really good o-line and a couple talented wideouts (TY Hilton is very, very good when healthy) and some young WRs that are beginning to show a bit of promise.

That and there's a very large belief in the Colts fanbase that they're a QB away from contending. They were contenders before Luck retired. Brissett held his own in the first half but the team kinda crumbled around him and his own weaknesses got exposed. Brissett's on a 1 year deal at a price that wouldn't be difficult to get out from under. It would not be hard to get rid of Brissett and offer the job to Brady if he was on the market. Colts fans don't love Brady but that would change in a hurry if he started winning them football games.

It's not something I like admitting, but there's a fit there. A fit that could at least push the Colts into contender status, since they were a couple key injuries from being there anyway with Brissett.
Disgusting

The Colts can probably upgrade on Brissett but it's worth noting he missed one full game and most of another in early November with a knee injury and you can pretty much divide his season into a first half and second half between those two. During the first half, he was in the MVP race. During the second half, he was below replacement level, suggesting the injury played a major role. In the end his stats were comparable to Brady's and he often wasn't working with as good a supporting cast (since Hilton was hurt much of the season). If the Colts were to sign Brady this offseason it would be gambling on a return to previous form to make him better than Brissett, perhaps comparable to Manning with the Broncos, though the latter was 7 years younger than Brady will be next season.

During the first half, he was in the MVP race.

There is hyperbole and then there is this. He played fine but lets not go totally insane here.

I agree, and good for him. It's a nice story. But if anyone's future depended on this game it would be more so Tannehill's than Tom's.

Perhaps Tannehill is auditioning for next season w Pats. He is pending FA and if Tom walks away... Tannehill is not that bad of a choice.

Perhaps Tannehill is auditioning for next season w Pats. He is pending FA and if Tom walks away... Tannehill is not that bad of a choice.
They will not overpay for Ryan Tannehill.

As a player it would be interesting but for cap space reasons I doubt that would happen.

I wouldn't say he's playing for his job, but I would say it might affect the number he's able to ask for contract-wise. If he goes out and plays a flawless this postseason and they lose any of these games due to a couple of plays where the other team simply beat the defense, then it might play a factor in terms of trying to maintain a high-value as far as whatever deal he's hoping for. If he doesn't, then that may increase the gap in terms of the team's perceived value of what they'd be willing to pay him and make it harder for them to potentially keep him.

So I wouldn't say he's playing for his job, but definitely for $$ for his next potential Patriots contract - if there is one.

If the Pats win it all I can’t imagine why he would come back. Nothing to prove. This will be their greatest run ever if they pull it off and no QB is ever winning 7.

If the Pats win it all I can’t imagine why he would come back. Nothing to prove. This will be their greatest run ever if they pull it off and no QB is ever winning 7.
I mean...for the shot at 19-0 for the 3-peat, obviously.

Oh man did I jinx it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back