PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you believe Tom Brady is playing for his job against Tennessee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really thought TB would retire as a SB champion last year. He is still playing because he still has the fire in his belly and his body is still in good shape. He doesn't need the money. I think this is the first season that he has let his contract run out. That in itself is telling. My own personal belief, he will retire after this season, especially if the Pats win the SB.

Think Tannehill's already got that job.

I agree on that. Tannehill always looked very good to me and I was surprised his stock dropped so much that he wasn’t sought after. I alwAys thought he was good.

In a literal sense, yes

The team could have had Brady for 2020 and 2021. They chose NOT to give Brady an acceptable long term contract.

And, yes, I agree, the team wants Brady to play another year, that is, as long as Brady will sign a significantly below market one year contract.
=======
I suspect that Brady wants to play another year or two. He MIGHT agree to a reasonable one year contract along with a farewell tour before a retirement after the season.

If not, Josh and Tom can move on, perhaps together.

There is no way that the team doesn't want him back at all unless he is not available (i.e. retired). It is always a question of X and that will be up to how BB/Caserio et al evaluate his season and what it means for 2020.

We only see the finished product on how it executed on Sundays. How he has looked in practice relative to all the other issues is much more important than any of his seasonal stats.

The team could have had Brady for 2020 and 2021. They chose NOT to give Brady an acceptable long term contract.

They are clearly in a year-by-year situation which is why Brady took the franchise tag off the table with the last restructure. Brady wants a 2-3 year deal and BB doesn't want to have the flexibility in case things go wrong.

None of that means they don't want him back for next year.

Tom Brady has nothing left to prove in the NFL. He has many of the Hall-of-Fame QB records, including only QB to ever win 6-SBs.

I don't want him to be like Brett Farve or Montana whom faded away in other teams..

Nuff said.

Brady has said multiple times this year that he wants to keep playing, he said he has long term goals and we all know that means he wants to play until hes 45. He'll be here for at least one more year, likely two.

The only way BB would let this one game be a decision maker would be if an uninjured TFB played as poorly as Manning did in his last SB. Peyton was throwing the ball with zero zip, even the completions.

I say unequivocally that the above off the cliff performance ain't gonna happen today.

Brady is a better QB than at least 25-26 others in this league. There are some really bad ones when you take a closer look. I dont think he is playing for his job. An offseason of rest and injury recovery will get him back to being himself again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News