Replies:
Asking for your support

Who wins?

• Chiefs

Votes: 91 61.9%
  • Colts

Votes: 56 38.1%

• Total voters
The reason we beat a lot of these afc teams is because bill can scheme against them since he is familiar with them. We’re familiar with the ravens offense under flacco but not with Jackson. We haven’t seen rivers in a while with the weapons he has now. It’s going to be a tough game.
We played the chargers last year.

yep but Luck is the main reason.
Nah Luck isn't all KC has to fear. Yeah I would be nervous about him too but KC's run defense is a big weakness that is hard to ignore;and Mack has been looking good lately. Not to mention the O line blocking for him and Luck. Lest we forget Indy's defense looks better recently than they look on the year as a whole, particularly where KC excells: Passing.

Its going to be a shootout and just what the NFL wants.

Both games yesterday were boring fall asleep contests. I like KC at home, outside, loud. KC has not won a home playoff game since January 16, 1994. Against the Houston Oilers. Divisional Round - Kansas City Chiefs at Houston Oilers - January 16th, 1994 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

That all changes next weekend. They are due.

You may be right but the Colts are 4-0 against the Chiefs in the playoffs. More fitting the last game (2013) had Luck under center down 28 points in the 3rd quarter and came back to win 45-44. Colts had 4 turnovers in that game. You know who else was there, Andy Reid!

To quote one of the best X&O follows on Twitter:

The only realistic way the Ravens have a shot against us is if we **** the bed ourselves. I would still prefer to play the Chargers because it would be a west-east coast journey + absolute change of weather for them.

But either way.. am not really worried but more so excited about a better divisional matchup than the last few years that still has us favored.

I've been thinking about this... But then I realize that we're not the only team that realizes he's one-dimensional. I'm sure we wouldn't be the first team to consider making him throw the ball. There are plenty of smart defensive minds in every organization. And they've been able to compete with/beat good teams. I'm sure it's still challenging to stop enough to keep pace with their defense.

Actually like this because by Kickoff our boys will know they're playing to HOST the AFC Championship.
Well, hopefully...

The reason the Colts are tough is because KC can’t stop the run and Luck is a gritty, smart veteran

Mahomes is amazing but it’s still his first playoff start. But if he manages to play like he has all year KC should win. The Colts haven’t played an offense on KC’s level all season. But no one has even come close to handling KC, especially not at Arrowhead. They’re the 1 seed for a reason and have the MVP on their sidelines

Both divisionals seem like toss ups. Chiefs-Colts and Patriots-Chargers

The reason the Colts are tough is because KC can’t stop the run and Luck is a gritty, smart veteran

Mahomes is amazing but it’s still his first playoff start. But if he manages to play like he has all year KC should win. The Colts haven’t played an offense on KC’s level all season. But no one has even come close to handling KC, especially not at Arrowhead. They’re the 1 seed for a reason and have the MVP on their sidelines

Both divisionals seem like toss ups. Chiefs-Colts and Patriots-Chargers

Colts have momentum going 10-1 since Wk 7 and winning last 5 in a row. Luck is playing like his hair is on fire. Chiefs are 3-2 last 5 games since losing Hunt and lost at home against Chargers. Mahomes will also be dealing with the so-called MVP curse/jinx.

No first year starting QB remains in the playoffs except Mahomes...Mahomes is playing in his first playoff game

QBs making their playoff debut this weekend were 0-3, will Mahomes buck the trend or will he be another playoff debut loser?

ChiefsPlanet is already whining that it’s the same ref crew doing their game as the SNF one in Foxboro that called only one (declined) penalty on the Pats. Lol

yep but Luck is the main reason.
Actually, that OL is the main reason. That and Luck is taking more 3-5 step drops and less 7 drops. But that OL is why Indy is where they are. I think they’ll control the LOS in this game and Luck will have his way with the Queefs’ secondary. Defensively, I think they can get enough stops to pull off the upset.

I can't see all 4 top seeds winning based solely on probability and I don't honestly think either NFC team is in real danger of losing. So I am forced to predict an upset in the AFC.

That both excites and worries me. I hope the right upset happens.

Either way I dont care who we would potentially play next week, but I think it will be the Colts. They have "the look" of a team who will upset a few teams along the way.

I can't see all 4 top seeds winning based solely on probability and I don't honestly think either NFC team is in real danger of losing. So I am forced to predict an upset in the AFC.

I think Dallas can beat STL...

That LAR run defense is atrocious. Doesn’t bode well going against you know who..

Dunno, while the Colts OL looked impressive...and I absolutely love Nelson's mean streak....and THINK they will average 5 ypc vs. that Chiefs run D....

I STILL think the Chiefs win anyway. Mahomes is impossible to stop...I just rewatched the Chargers @ Chiefs game summary on youtube...and the Chiefs' offense sputtered a bit in the 4th...if not for that...they would have blown the game wide open.

Never underestimate the Chiefs ability to lose at home in January
That's why I want them to save that loss for the Pats.
Seriously, though...I'd prefer that the Pats have to take their chances against "Bright Lights Andy" Reid in KC than a streaking Colts team with "Salty Andy" Luck in Foxboro.

The key to this game is what can the colts defense do to limit the chiefs offense.

The colts offense should score their fair share of points, but can the colts defense keep kc out of the end zone and force field goals?

The Colts “incredible turnaround” appears to be more about their schedule. They had an impressive home win over the Cowboys during their run, but other than that it’s mostly beating up on the AFC South and NFC East, in my opinion the two worst divisons in the league. I think this was also the reason Houston went on a similar run near the end of the season and were also hugely overhyped.

I’m changing my outlook and going with Chiefs by a comfortable margin. I’ll be surprised if any AFC South or NFC East team makes it to a conference championship. If the Colts win at Arrowhead I’ll acknowledge they are legit, but I’m starting to look closer and seeing some smoke and mirrors here. It’s not they they didn’t improve this season, but to what extent I have some skepticism.

The Colts “incredible turnaround” appears to be more about their schedule. They had an impressive home win over the Cowboys during their run, but other than that it’s mostly beating up on the AFC South and NFC East, in my opinion the two worst divisons in the league. I think this was also the reason Houston went on a similar run near the end of the season and were also hugely overhyped.

I’m changing my outlook and going with Chiefs by a comfortable margin. I’ll be surprised if any AFC South or NFC East team makes it to a conference championship. If the Colts win at Arrowhead I’ll acknowledge they are legit, but I’m starting to look closer and seeing some smoke and mirrors here. It’s not they they didn’t improve this season, but to what extent I have some skepticism.

This is the same logic people have used against us because we play in the afc east and we have been to 8 Super Bowls.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back