PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dividends on MICHEL pick starting to pay off EDIT: paid off

Status
Not open for further replies.
why should he not?
I think the concern is that he wasn’t playing for a good handful of drives. Our hope, of course, is that they were just riding a hot hand with Burkhead.

Michel was one carry short of the Patriots playoff record. Blount had 30 in the AFCCG against the Colts.

Record goes to 60-1 in the Belichick era when a RB has a 100 yard performance. This one was in doubt, though. Lol.

Since we’re discussing it, I don’t think that anyone should have had much issue with Michel being a first round pick. We needed a high round RB and Michel was the highest available player remaining at the position (or so I would certainly assume).

I feel as though it’s the same thing for WRs in the upcoming draft. I don’t know what order the players should go in, but I think the need for a high pick WR will he addressed.

I think the concern is that he wasn’t playing for a good handful of drives. Our hope, of course, is that they were just riding a hot hand with Burkhead.

This is what im leaning towards, burkhead was fresher and probably more effective in the 2nd half. Sony looked great in the first half but he looked very tentative to me in the 2nd half. Maybe the big stage , and again 29 carries is alot

I feel as though it’s the same thing for WRs in the upcoming draft. I don’t know what order the players should go in, but I think the need for a high pick WR will he addressed.

Its a scrappy WR draft so i hope for a couple of late rounders and UDFAs. No one with clear Michel talent, few if any that look like Pat-Type-Players at the top and not much difference. Unless they go even smaller w Isabella kid..

Last edited:
This is what im leaning towards, burkhead was fresher and probably more effective in the 2nd half. Sony looked great but he looked very tentative to me in the 2nd half. Maybe the big stage , and again 29 carries is alot
It would make a lot of sense. 29 totes is a lot, especially for a rookie.

Its a scrappy WR draft so i hope for a couple of late rounders and UDFAs. No one with clear Michel talent, few if any that look like Pat-Type-Players at the top and not much difference. Unless they go for the small Isabella kid..

If by scrappy you mean our next slot WR, then I have to wonder how far ahead Berrios would be with a year in the system? That said, sure, we have 4 sixth round picks, so I hope to see some darts thrown.

I do, however, find it a bit difficult to believe that there aren’t any first, second, or third round WRs available who could fit the system. There may not be many who have both speed and size, but there is most definitely one or the other.

If by scrappy you mean our next slot WR, then I have to wonder how far ahead Berrios would be with a year in the system? That said, sure, we have 4 sixth round picks, so I hope to see some darts thrown.

I do, however, find it a bit difficult to believe that there aren’t any first, second, or third round WRs available who could fit the system. There may not be many who have both speed and size, but there is most definitely one or the other.

Go watch top 10 rated WRs at the moment (outside Isabella) and tell if there is a difference between them. If not you can have one of them at the bottom of the 3rd. I do like some later rounders/UDFAs for Pats w better upside than Berrios who i think has a chance (Renfrow, maybe Sills, Anthony Johnson, Ryan Davis etc.). They might make some Cooks move in FA first again esp. if Gronk retires. Pity they missed out on Tate..

The highest skill player to take is TE Hockenson if he doesn't skyrocket..

Last edited:
Go watch top 10 rated WRs at the moment (outside Isabella) and tell if if there is a difference between them. If not you can have one of them at the bottom of the 3rd. I do like some later rounders/UDFAs for Pats w better upside than Berrios who i think has a chance (Renfrow, maybe Sills, Anthony Johnson, Ryan Davis etc.). They might make some Cooks move in FA first again esp. if Gronk retires. Pity they missed out on Tate..

The highest skill player to take is TE Hockenson if he doesn't skyrocket..
I guess my concern would be that the cupboard is looking pretty bare at the position and I feel as though they may reach a bit, ala Meriweather or Malcom Brown. It’s possible they could choose to take the BPA at a position of need.

I guess my concern would be that the cupboard is looking pretty bare at the position and I feel as though they may reach a bit, ala Meriweather or Malcom Brown. It’s possible they could choose to take the BPA at a position of need.

You go by quality with top picks not by need imo. You take one of the top DLs, possibly DE, possibly OL, TE Hockenson if he falls to them. And maybe Isabella if they are comfortable with his size. BB has a long history of doing well with lower WR prospects. Some said today that Pats are missing Gordon. I loved his game . but i feel much more comfortable watching Pats O after he left..

You go by quality with top picks not by need imo. You take one of the top DLs, possibly DE, possibly OL, TE Hockenson if he falls to them. And maybe Isabella if they are comfortable with his size. BB has a long history of doing well with lower WR prospects. Some said today that Pats are missing Gordon. I loved his game . but i feel much more comfortable watching Pats O after he left..
I don’t know what to think about the losses of weapons such as Cooks or Gordon. They are dominant when at full strength, but their voids forced the team to go about it in other ways, so those “different” ways have proven to be effective, too.

What’s really amazing is the fact that our offense can adapt and overcome these obstacles. It still feels as though it may be time to take a shot at a higher round WR, though, even if your logic seems to make more sense. ;)

Sony has done his job...end of story...

I don’t know what to think about the losses of weapons such as Cooks or Gordon. They are dominant when at full strength, but their voids forced the team to go about it in other ways, so those “different” ways have proven to be effective, too.

What’s really amazing is the fact that our offense can adapt and overcome these obstacles. It still feels as though it may be time to take a shot at a higher round WR, though, even if your logic seems to make more sense. ;)

I know. I just watched a bit the top rated WRs the other day and no one stood out in any Pat way (outside possibly Isabella who I saw only on highlights). Thought AJ Brown could be interesting but didn't like his attitude on the tape i watched. Hopefully im dead wrong and Bill surprises again with a 1st round skill pick that works..;)

But there should be elite prospects or close to available at other positions where Pats currently hold 3 picks - and since they rarely have a chance to draft such quality potential id prefer that

I'm going to be rewatching the game today with all the emotion and alcohol out of my system, but I don't recall Burkhead doing much of anything that entire 2nd half up until the final drive in OT

He had 41 total yards rushing at 3.4 ypc

"Who is Sony Michel?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back