PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dividends on MICHEL pick starting to pay off EDIT: paid off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't a fan of drafting Michel where we did. I'm still not sure I like taking a RB there - in a deep RB class - but I will admit I'm really enjoying Michel on the team.
Bill thought he needed a playmaker at RB who could run the ball and was willing to expend significant draft capital to do it.

We can debate if picking said player 1/31 was smart but you can't argue with the result.

Aside from craving a more athletic LB, I didn’t mind the pick in the least. We needed to draft a high round RB since the position hadn’t been addressed in years. I feel the same way about WR going into the draft, this year.
Sony appears to be an excellent pick.

That being said, Darius Leonard being on this team could have been something special. Unfair to judge the Wynn pick yet, but nabbing both Michel and Leonard would have been phenomenal.

In addition to Michel’s excellent running and the solid O line blocking, credit also goes to McDaniels for the play calling and preparation. The balanced play action was so beautifully effective yesterday and kept the Chargers completely off balance while they employed it. It was almost more like the old Peyton Manning-Edgerrin James offense than one we’ve seen used by the Patriots before.

This is the best the offense has looked all season, especially considering the quality of the Chargers defense.

Sony appears to be an excellent pick.

That being said, Darius Leonard being on this team could have been something special. Unfair to judge the Wynn pick yet, but nabbing both Michel and Leonard would have been phenomenal.

OT but still:
Pats drafted Bentley #143. Lots of football to play before “judging“ any of those picks. I like the Bentley pick quite a bit and would actually trust him more in January football than Leonard. Have you seen Leonard in KC game?

Here a play where he gets thrown away from the play like a feather for an easy TD (#53):

Here his overall performance vs KC run:

He had a nice rookie season . but if Pats starting LBs would have a game like that people here would want their head..

Pats drafted Bentley #143. Lots of football to play before “judging“ any of those picks. I like the Bentley pick quite a bit and would actually trust him more in January football than Leonard. Have you seen Leonard in KC game?

Great take. I was a big fan of the Bentley pick and think he will be a huge boost to the LB group when he is able to take the field next season.

To be able to run effectively when all 11 guys on the other side of the ball know its coming is pretty awesome.

If you can run effectively when all 11 guys
on the other side
of the ball know it's coming …

...Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

--Rudyard Kipling

I'm sorry I'm not busting your chops, this just has a quotable feel to it...

"Conan! What is best in life?"

To be able to run effectively
when all 11 guys on the other side of the ball know its coming...
(and to hear da lamentations of da vimmin.)

No offense taken!! I love it. Hey its true..when Sony is out there everyone knows its a run...still we are able to run it down their throats! Its great!

I'm sorry I'm not busting your chops, this just has a quotable feel to it...

"Conan! What is best in life?"

(and to hear da lamentations of da vimmin.)

Did he forget the time in 2013 where Blount ran for 4 TD’s vs. Indy?

Blount then got completely shut down by Pot Roast in the AFCCG. That was a tactical use of the run game. Feels like what we are seeing now is our new identity as an offense...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back