PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Disappointing...Not one Congrats Steelers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
PATSummerallofthe80s said:
I just wanted throw my two cents in on something that has been bothering me about this Board for the past two days. In fairness it's on every other Board around the country as well. But I thought you guys (winning three Super Bowls) could at least appreciate a victory regardless of how ugly or how unfair. There wasn't even one congrats Steelers thread here and with the exception of a few, most have done nothing but whine about the Steelers victory.

Was it a lousy Super Bowl? Yes! Did the refs make some horrible calls that hurt Seattle? Yes! Were most people sick of the two week hype of Bettis/Detroit/parents/Porter-Stevens Yes? Unfortunately the story lines were few this year. Is that the Steelers fault? No! An estimated crowd at the game were 90% Steeler fans. doesn't seem fair to Seattle and impartial fans watching probably don't think that's fair. But Seahawk fans had the same opportunities to purchase $2500 to $3000 tickets just like Steelers fans coughed up the $$$ for but they didn't step up. So is that the Steelers fault? Personally I think it makes quite a statement of the loyatly and fan base of the Steelers. Sure Detroit is much closer to Pitt but it's the Super Bowl.

Pittsburgh looked really bad in the game Sunday and Ben was awful. I have heard so many comments about how lucky they were to win. I'm sure two thirds of the NFL felt like they could have beat Pittsburgh on Sunday based on how they played. Maybe that's true, maybe not. The same could be said about how bad New England played against Denver with all of those turnovers. Bad games happen, but through it all, the Steelers were better than anyone by winning their final four games of the year just to make it to a #6 seed, and then win three road playoff games against some of the toughest teams in the NFL including #1, #2, and #3 seeds. While they were favored they were still a #6 seed playing another #1 seed.

The Indy game which the Steelers suffered far worse calls than Seattle, STILL found a way to win. Seattle did not.

So my questions to you New England fans are. Now that the game is over and all of you who jumped on the robbery bandwagon, what are the Steelers suppose to do? Should they give back the Lombardi trophy? Is this their fault that they still persevered and won?

As I said I am disappointed that you guys didn't step up and give Pittsburgh their due. If I missed it somewhere then I stand corrected. I really don't know if it's the Ben the youngest to win a Super Bowl thing, or just a bitter pill to swallow since you ahve dominated the Steelers in the recent past, but Pittsburgh is this year's Champion. To ridicule our 250,000 parade attendence or next year if you win it will be three in a row (reference being that you don't credit this year to Pitt) is poor sportsmanship.

Here is a link to three articles (two written by the Seattle newspaper and one by ESPN). Sorry for my frustration but it is disappointing that the congratulations here was almost non-existent.

http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?t=77065
I have officially signed on to the "congratulations steelers" thread so I feel I say without any equivocation. "F*** you, PATSummerallof the 80's, get lost."

jczxohn1 said:
I have officially signed on to the "congratulations steelers" thread so I feel I say without any equivocation. "F*** you, PATSummerallof the 80's, get lost."

Sorry for all of the contraversy this seemed to have stirred up. I thought I was extremely diplomatic in posting on the subject. To those who were in agreement and supported the point of my post, I certainly appreciate it. To those who didn't and there were many that's fine and I respect the opinion. I have no desire to hang out here any more. I thought this Board was a cut above since you all knew football. With responses like this and there were many in this thread, I get the message and have no interest of being where I am not wanted. Some people can be real jerks. Sayonara.

I knew that I was going to need that extra box of Kleenex. I have been rediced to tears by Pat's plaintive wails. All he wanted to do was make friends!

Just when I was going to add you to my Xmas card list.

My rather stong comments toward the steelers and their fans natually does not apply everyone, only the guilty. And, there are plenty of guilty.

But, if you are leaving our board forever, could you take Closing Time with you? He is an admitted classless jerk.

Last edited:
Sorry for all of the contraversy this seemed to have stirred up. I thought I was extremely diplomatic in posting on the subject. To those who were in agreement and supported the point of my post, I certainly appreciate it. To those who didn't and there were many that's fine and I respect the opinion. I have no desire to hang out here any more. I thought this Board was a cut above since you all knew football. With responses like this and there were many in this thread, I get the message and have no interest of being where I am not wanted. Some people can be real jerks. Sayonara.

Congrats to your Steelers. The SB was terrible but you guys played 3 good games on the road to get to the SB. Was happt for Bettis, Ward, Cowher, Polumalu, all class guys. Hate Joey Porter. Loudmouth SOB who talks big but lays an egg in the biggest game of his life.

I can't speak for anybody else here but for me I got sick of hearing Steelers fans saying they were better than the Patriots for the last 4 years, even though they got beaten at home 2 times by the Pats in the playoffs. Heck, even the team still thinks they were better, though they were not.

Personally I believe if we had gotten by Denver we would have won 3 Superbowls in a row. As you can see Manning chokes in the playoffs and the Seahawks were just happy to be in the SB. And I also firmly believe we would have beaten Pittsburgh. We just seem to have your number lately, much like Denver seems to have the Pats number for whatever reason.

Personally I think the Pittsburgh players made their biggest mistake for next season already. Because we know Tom Brady is awesome at riling teammates up about perceived slights. And the non-handshake will be big in the locker room. Let's bring on next season!

Anyway congrats on your team getting the Lombardi.

PATSNUTme said:
The Steelers didn't lose the game and they are SB Champions until we win it next year.

You are asking Patriots fans to give congrats to a team who's fans booed our two MVP's at the game. Who's team members wouldn't shake hands with Brady.

You are asking us to give praise to people who disrespected our players on national television. Instead of looking for us to Congrat the Steelers, Steeler fans should be coming here apologizing for the boorish behavior of their fans and players.

"NUT"...THIS NUT CONCURS WITH YOU...

Screw Pittsburgh

THIS IS THE DUMBEST THREAD IN THE HISTORY OF THIS BOARD SINCE I'VE BEEN HERE.

Pittsburgh sucks. Boston's better.

Steelers suck. Patriots are better.

Steelers fans are arrogant. Pats fans are arrogant (rightly so)-

and it doesn't make sense for the arrogant kid to ask the other arrogant kid who's better?

The superbowl was a joke all around--and yes, denver kicked our asses--but had we won--I have no doubt that Brady/Belichick would've torched the Steelers the way they played on Sunday. Enough said.

**** the Steelers. The lamest ******* champions ever.

I was turned off by the Stealers during the "Who Dey" mocking chant in the locker room after destroying Palmer's knee. That was a "tainted victory" in SB40.

F.B.N. said:
"NUT"...THIS NUT CONCURS WITH YOU...

Two nuts are always better than one. :singing:

Hey Stealers...

...you can shove that trophy up where the sun don't shine.

See you next season.

Love,

The Patriots

(How's that?)

I get the message and have no interest of being where I am not wanted. Sayonara.

Were are you going? Your'e a Pats fan right? Then this is your board too. Okay so you under estimated the strong feelings many of the guys(women too)would have with a post in reference to the Steelers winning the way they did....esp after all the crap over the years their fans have posted here about the Pats SB wins...it started with them first. You had to know this would happen. And its not just this board its happening on!! So stick around....another season will be starting soon.

wow

You need to get a little thicker skin! With all due respect, coming in here right after the superbowl (yes you did it diplomaticaly) and expecting everyone to say congrats is a bit absurd! (there is a thread like that though). I didn't mind seeing bettis, cowher, ward, palamalu getting a ring--bettis really seems like a class act ( i saw him on leno last night and it was the best "football player"interview i have seen on a talk show)

The problem I believe pats fans have (in addition to my earlier post) is congradulating steeler fans in general. The steeler fans in general (at least the majority of the ones that i met) are classless morons! (not the boo's at the superbowl for TB and DB), and the rest of the steeler team (porter, ect..) seem to be punks (note the non-hand shake of TB after the coin toss). I am glad the steelers won the superbowl over indy or denver, but given these facts coupled with the way in which the steelers won (handed to them on a silver platter) it's tough to say---"congrats you're the best team in the NFL".

With that said---Congrats to the classy steelers and the classy fans!

no

Beavis said:
Were are you going? Your'e a Pats fan right? Then this is your board too. Okay so you under estimated the strong feelings many of the guys(women too)would have with a post in reference to the Steelers winning the way they did....esp after all the crap over the years their fans have posted here about the Pats SB wins...it started with them first. You had to know this would happen. And its not just this board its happening on!! So stick around....another season will be starting soon.

He's a diehard squealers fan! He does come to the right board though! :D

mtbykr said:
He's a diehard squealers fan! :D

Oh...my bad....guess his ID info was all fake...I did wonder though. In that case then he can take his no good trophy and stick it......LOL...naaaa.

Beavis said:
Oh...my bad....guess his ID info was all fake...I did wonder though. In that case then he can take his no good trophy and stick it......LOL...naaaa.

He came in posing as a Patriots fan. Then after a while he revealed himself as a Steelers troll and was being an a-hole for a while. Then when he saw we were mostly in favor of the Steelers againts the Colts he apologized to us for being an a-hole.

Now, he's leaving us because we aren't praising the Steelers and some of us are pissed about the classless display of the fans, players , & HC. I guess that pretty much sums it up.

PATSNUTme said:
He came in posing as a Patriots fan. Then after a while he revealed himself as a Steelers troll and was being an a-hole for a while. .

Thanks for the explanation! Well...its a PATS site....where the trolls have come for the past few years bashing the Pats to no end...so its to bad they dont see what they hope to see here. Why they would think they would is totally beyond me.

I remember on another Pats site the Cats fans coming before the SB and having a good chat with them...then after we won they came back to say congrats...no excuses made. Classy. So if they had won this year I'd be the first here AND over on their site to congrats them.

mgteich said:
Then I suggest that you don't watch. That's the American way. Whining is not.

If expressing unhappiness with something you care about is considered 'whining' in your mind, then I hope those around you in your life have as much patience with you as you with them.

Brownfan80 said:
If expressing unhappiness with something you care about is considered 'whining' in your mind, then I hope those around you in your life have as much patience with you as you with them.

Well said. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore