PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Disappointing...Not one Congrats Steelers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSummerallofthe80s

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I just wanted throw my two cents in on something that has been bothering me about this Board for the past two days. In fairness it's on every other Board around the country as well. But I thought you guys (winning three Super Bowls) could at least appreciate a victory regardless of how ugly or how unfair. There wasn't even one congrats Steelers thread here and with the exception of a few, most have done nothing but whine about the Steelers victory.

Was it a lousy Super Bowl? Yes! Did the refs make some horrible calls that hurt Seattle? Yes! Were most people sick of the two week hype of Bettis/Detroit/parents/Porter-Stevens Yes? Unfortunately the story lines were few this year. Is that the Steelers fault? No! An estimated crowd at the game were 90% Steeler fans. doesn't seem fair to Seattle and impartial fans watching probably don't think that's fair. But Seahawk fans had the same opportunities to purchase $2500 to $3000 tickets just like Steelers fans coughed up the $$$ for but they didn't step up. So is that the Steelers fault? Personally I think it makes quite a statement of the loyatly and fan base of the Steelers. Sure Detroit is much closer to Pitt but it's the Super Bowl.

Pittsburgh looked really bad in the game Sunday and Ben was awful. I have heard so many comments about how lucky they were to win. I'm sure two thirds of the NFL felt like they could have beat Pittsburgh on Sunday based on how they played. Maybe that's true, maybe not. The same could be said about how bad New England played against Denver with all of those turnovers. Bad games happen, but through it all, the Steelers were better than anyone by winning their final four games of the year just to make it to a #6 seed, and then win three road playoff games against some of the toughest teams in the NFL including #1, #2, and #3 seeds. While they were favored they were still a #6 seed playing another #1 seed.

The Indy game which the Steelers suffered far worse calls than Seattle, STILL found a way to win. Seattle did not.

So my questions to you New England fans are. Now that the game is over and all of you who jumped on the robbery bandwagon, what are the Steelers suppose to do? Should they give back the Lombardi trophy? Is this their fault that they still persevered and won?

As I said I am disappointed that you guys didn't step up and give Pittsburgh their due. If I missed it somewhere then I stand corrected. I really don't know if it's the Ben the youngest to win a Super Bowl thing, or just a bitter pill to swallow since you ahve dominated the Steelers in the recent past, but Pittsburgh is this year's Champion. To ridicule our 250,000 parade attendence or next year if you win it will be three in a row (reference being that you don't credit this year to Pitt) is poor sportsmanship.

Here is a link to three articles (two written by the Seattle newspaper and one by ESPN). Sorry for my frustration but it is disappointing that the congratulations here was almost non-existent.

http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?t=77065

We'll write congratulations when the Steeler players stop being whiny little girls towards Patriot players...i.e. the turning of their backs on Tom Brady at the 50 yard line...Seattle players all shook his hand and acknowledged him but the little crybaby Squealers took their widdle ball and ran hom to Daddy Moosejaw

BTW let us know when Rottenburger shows up in a big game....

Yea we can't be like the classy Steeler fans who during a celebration of some of the best players in Super Bowl history boo those players. Not just Patriots players but Dallas as well. I notice you didn't have a thread, Summerall, apologizing for that behavior so I feel no remorse in not congratulating the Steelers.

Last edited:
BTW, RI'ers know all about Monagahelan morons since we have to endure the blubberations of that 10 dozen donut eating Blabba the Gutt, Andy Gresh....another turd immigrant form the Keystone state

PATSummerallofthe80s said:
Sorry for my frustration but it is disappointing that the congratulations here was almost non-existent.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! YIPPIE!!!

congradulations?

I'll start the congratulations Steelers thread when I see the congratulations refs thread first.

"Now that the game is over and all of you who jumped on the robbery bandwagon, what are the Steelers suppose to do? Should they give back the Lombardi trophy? "

That is the first time in over 10 million words here that you had a good idea!

I'll offer a few unbiased theories for the lack of congratulatory threads:

1) This is a PATS board. Look over on Steeler boards and you'll find these kind of threads from Pats and even Ravens fans.

2) The Steelers did play a BAD game altogether, one that wouldn't have been enough in their 3 playoff games. You'll probably never see the SB-winning QB consoled for such a bad performance ever again. Considering what battles the Pats have had to win in the SB, I think most Pats fans think the Steelers got off easy.

3) This is the most controversial SB in recent memory. Combine the consensus opinion that the officiating was horrible with the poor play of both teams and it just feels like a tainted title. Even those who felt the "tuck" was a bad call couldn't argue that NE beat the Rams fair and square in SB36.

4) "To be the champ you gotta beat the champ." - Willie McGinest, AFCCG 2005. This is a biggie. Had the Steelers come to Foxboro and beaten the Pats, I think our respect would be reflected on these boards. There's an empty feeling about losing a title to a team we never got to play. Especially when we've won 4/5 and as recently as September IN PITTSBURGH.

That all being said, I'm glad Pittsburgh won instead of Denver or Indy. Congratulations Steelers, don't get too comfy at the top, we have unfinished business in 2006.

"won"

an asterisk for the thumb

PATSummerallofthe80s said:
I just wanted throw my two cents in on something that has been bothering me about this Board for the past two days.

Wow - you're right! No one has posted a "Congratulations" thread.

Come to think of it, I don't recall that Mrs. Lincoln ever thanked the actors for their fine performance at Ford's Theatre either.

Classless ingrate!

Isn't it funny when fans of all the teams that spent YEARS trying to discredit the Pats come boohooing around because we won't give them credit? That game was a sham. Win next year legit and I for one will give respect where it's due. For 2006 I give the SB trophy in my mind to the zebras, those bastards were the MVP.

JoeSixPat said:
Wow - you're right! No one has posted a "Congratulations" thread.

Come to think of it, I don't recall that Mrs. Lincoln ever thanked the actors for their fine performance at Ford's Theatre either.

Classless ingrate!
LMAO. Screw the Steelers.

The Steelers deserve all the credit in the world for beating Cincy, Indy and Denver en route to the Super Bowl. But there are multiple reasons why savvy fans outside Pittsburgh aren't impressed by their performance at the big game and their classless conduct directly before and after:

* The Steelers were outplayed by Seattle and would not have won without the highly questionable calls. Admit it: Pittsburgh performed poorly save for a couple plays and was rescued by the officiating.

* Pittsburgh's fans loudly booed Brady and Branch during a pre-game ceremony honoring the NFL's most storied performers.

* Franco Harris further cheapened that ceremony by walking onto the field waving a "Terrible Towel."

* Steelers captains refused to shake Brady's hand at the coin toss.

* Joey Porter is a stupid, arrogant, gum-flapping a-hole who deserves a kick in the teeth.

* The Jerome Bettis love-in was obnoxiously overplayed.

* Also overplayed was the "one for the thumb" nonsense, as the current Pittsburgh team/organization shares nothing with its '70s championship counterparts.

I hope that helps explain the rather unique circumstances, specific to your Pittsburgh Steelers, behind members of this board not offering the props you're looking for.

Last edited:
Patriot fans here have lost all rights to claim that they are any better than PITT fans of this year or past years, Raider fans every year, and other fans that refuse to recognize victories other than their own.

And please forget complaining about disrespect. If we can't respect what PITT did in this post season, then we deserve none ourselves.

I guess all fans whose team loses are whiners. I thought we had much more class. I guess we show class only when we win.

mgteich said:
Patriot fans here have lost all rights to claim that they are any better than PITT fans of this year or past years, Raider fans every year, and other fans that refuse to recognize victories other than their own.

And please forget complaining about disrespect. If we can't respect what PITT did in this post season, then we deserve none ourselves.

I guess all fans whose team loses are whiners. I thought we had much more class. I guess we show class only when we win.
Those who claim the Steelers aren't legit champions, sure. But we don't need a congratulations thread.

How's Carson Palmer doing, btw ? Without a roll into his knee the Steelers are likely first round losers.

mgteich said:

Speak for yourself. I have all the respect in the world for what Pittsburgh accomplished EN ROUTE to the Super Bowl, but not for how they (and their fans) performed on and off the field AT XL in Detroit.

Why does Cinci get a free pass because Palmer was hurt? Were they better than the pats or better than the team who took apart INDY and DEN? Maybe CIN was the best in the league with Palmer, and maybe not. Given how well PITT played against INDY and DEN, I would guess not. But, we'll never know.

BTW, over half of the posters responding to the poll do NOT consider PITT the 2006 Champions.

BelichickFan said:
Those who claim the Steelers aren't legit champions, sure. But we don't need a congratulations thread.

How's Carson Palmer doing, btw ? Without a roll into his knee the Steelers are likely first round losers.

Okay here's some class for you. Congratulations Steelers! Great job! I hope you f**king choke on it.

Seriously, who are we trying to impress with our 'classiness', anyway? Are we going to get some kind of Fulbright scholarship for being classy message board posters? Will it cause St. Peter wave me through when I get there? "Oh, yeah, I know this guy....that's Pats67. Very magnanimous in defeat. Classy guy." In other words, what's my motivation here?

**** them and the horse they rode in on. Its sports, man. And its the Internet. There couldn't be anything more meaningless than this.

mgteich said:
If we can't respect what PITT did in this post season, then we deserve none ourselves.

Thats their point....over the past 4 years...except for a few decent guys...the Pats have never gotten any respect...from the trolls here or on other message boards....just excuses and whining. So... I believe what you are seeing is what comes around goes around...and its not just this board. It might suck...but thats life now. If they can't take the no respect talk...then dont deal it out in the first place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft