PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dion Lewis named Offensive Player of Week in AFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think the pats would give him a good deal after the season to bring him back? Let's see what he does in the postseason but he's looking like the old dion lewis before the surgery.

We will have competition for his services alot of competition.
Don't be surprised to see the Niners Jets Steelers if they don't resign Bell. Giants, Bucs, Lions,Packers,Raiders should all be blowing him away with offers hard for us to match.

He is 28 next year so he has a few good years left if he can stay healthy. A tough position for such a small shifty guy. Woodhead is still going but he has had some injury issues.

Anyone think the pats would give him a good deal after the season to bring him back? Let's see what he does in the postseason but he's looking like the old dion lewis before the surgery.
I am not quite sure we're at the point yet, but a good to great playoff run and he may just actually play himself out of NE. Someone with the injury history he has, provided NE wins another championship let's say, may look at the fact that he has two championships and decide that he wants to get paid if the opportunity presents itself because he may not get another chance after. If the highest bidder in that scenario isn't NE, and it never is, then he may go elsewhere for an opportunity to set himself up for after football or in the event that he suffers another major injury. Obviously, this is just one possible scenario of what could be multiple.

With all that blah blah said, I'd love to see him remain here. He has been a jolt of excitement every time he's been on the field, even the less explosive version from last season. He is extremely good in the type of offense NE runs and all accounts of him are about how great he is in the locker room. He has managed to stay healthy for almost two full seasons now. He has done everything asked of him. Wait . . . on second thought, he may not be a Patriot after this season.:p:D

Is it OK if I post a reminder that I got multiple downvotes earlier this year when I said that Lewis is a better inside runner than White? :)

Is it OK if I post a reminder that I got multiple downvotes earlier this year when I said that Lewis is a better inside runner than White? :)

Not from me. Lewis is unequivocally the best inside runner on the team. That includes Gillislee and Bolden, who both have considerable poundage on him. Hes the 3rd best offensive player on the team this year, after the 2 GOATS. One helluva weapon and has been badly needed with all the injuries.

With Lewis the Pats have a Swiss Army knife backfield.......I would imagine a top 5 in the NFL without checking...

Can anyone get those stats ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back