PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Devin McCourty officially re-signs: 2 years, $23M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Thought this needed its own thread because many aren’t aware since this story is imbedded in the other thread...probably will be merged.

Really glad the secondary will pretty much remain intact (the safety beside McCourty being the only question mark to me). #1 secondary next season again hopefully.

Slater and Devin are true Patriots. Love Brady, but these two are VERY important to the Patriot way.

This is fine I guess.

Woohoo!
giphy.gif

With Weddle retiring, I wonder if the Chargers caused a bidding war.

Really happy and I think its a great contract for both sides. Was hoping it would be 2 or 3 years due to his age and they hit it just right.

Takes me as a guy that is smart enough to save his money and walk away young and healthy.

With Weddle retiring, I wonder if the Chargers caused a bidding war.

I was gonna say dolphins with the familiarity with Flores and rashad Jones recently cut.

My guess is the cap hit is inverted from the cash. Probably a $9 million cap hit this year and $14 million next year. Releasing Duron Harmon would save $4.7 million against the 2020 cap. I’d make that trade.

It’s good to have DMac back.

My guess is the cap hit is inverted from the cash. Probably a $9 million cap hit this year and $14 million next year. Releasing Duron Harmon would save $4.7 million against the 2020 cap. I’d make that trade.

It’s good to have DMac back.

I don’t know...Harmon is a darn good player for a relatively low price tag.

Good news. Patriots HOF player.

Great news, our secondary is going to be the strength of this defense again next year. Really glad to have him back!!!

I don’t know...Harmon is a darn good player for a relatively low price tag.

Yep, I doubt he's going anywhere but if he is it won't be a cut. Even with only 1 very affordable year left on his contract he has trade value.

I think McCourty is a guy that does all the little things right. Lose him and the impact would be huge.

Great news, our secondary is going to be the strength of this defense again next year. Really glad to have him back!!!
Absolutely. Now all we need is to lock up Elandon Roberts. ;)

And dominate is exactly what they did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back