PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Devin McCourty officially re-signs: 2 years, $23M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. Now all we need is to lock up Elandon Roberts. ;)

His TD was the highlight of the season...besides AB (who was released for doing nothing by a meddling moron owner who was embarrassed that he got caught getting a * at an Asian masseuse parlor and then lied/bought his way out of it.)

I think McCourty is a guy that does all the little things right. Lose him and the impact would be huge.
DMC is still playing at a high level.

BB is paying him like a top end FS for another year which he is.

If Tom walks the D needs to be sound. This move accomplishes that.

There is absolutely nothing to dislike about resigning DMC.

Glad this got done early!

DMC is still playing at a high level.

BB is paying him like a top end FS for another year which he is.

If Tom walks the D needs to be sound. This move accomplishes that.

There is absolutely nothing to dislike about resigning DMC.

Yes my post was meant to indicate that we need him.

Pats had 35m before this open. How much is left now for Brady ???

I saw one estimate today of a $250 million cap in 2021. It may not be quite that extreme, but get used to contract averages looking absurd because they’re backloaded into years with potentially a 25% higher cap.

Pats had 35m before this open. How much is left now for Brady ???
Miguel had $19m before the DMC signing so not sure.

Quite frankly, Time is beating Tom. He needs to sign a deal.

Great news, so dmc back and butler appears to be getting a high tender so most likely back. That leaves kvn, collins, and shelton as the remaining key components to keep the same d as last year. i think at least one will walk. But good chance we’re only missing 2 key players from what was an elite d, and a full draft/fa to fill their void. Should give us a great chance to focus on fixing the offense

Seems like BB is going for a 2nd year of elite defense rather than a balanced team.rather we improved our TE, WR, and re-signed Tom.

I’ve been on Team Tom all offseason but if he gets left in the cold, it’s his own fault. He’s been douchey in the way he’s handled the negotiations. All he really needed to say, for the fans to be on his side, is that he hopes to sign with New England but isn’t sure it will work out.

He’s really gone out of his way, if some of these reports are to believed, to be an ass. The comments about being ready to move on, being “at peace”, etc. after his Hulu tease are setting him up to get pants’d. He’s already put himself in the position where coming back makes him look weak. That isn’t the team’s fault. He could have just remained silent...this media proxy war was a bad idea for him. If he leaves, it’s probably going to be to a team out of spite, where he’ll get similar money, a worse chance at a championship, have to uproot his life, and damage his brand in New England.
Not sure about his brand being permanently damaged in NE but if this were a chess match BB/Kraft just took both of Tom's bishops and knights and is about to box in his queen. IE hes closing in...

Up to BB is he wants to propose a draw and for him to come home or alternatively Tom chooses to retire.

Seems like BB is going for a 2nd year of elite defense rather than a balanced team.

He had a good offense last year up until a Hall of Fame receiver was released dor really stupid reasons by the team’s owner.

Not sure about his brand being permanently damaged in NE but if this were a chess match BB/Kraft just took both of Tom's bishops and knights and is about to box in his queen. IE hes closing in...

Up to BB is he wants to propose a draw and for him to come home or alternatively Tom chooses to retire.

Maybe damaged isn’t the right word, but let’s put it this way: I think it will be an overall net loss if he goes to Tampa, Vegas, LA, etc. Those fan bases will see him as a temporary shiny object and won’t embrace him like New England. He won’t be ruined in New England or anything, but of course you’ll get your 10% of angry fans who never get over the “betrayal.”

Heck yea. Guy's been a top 5 safety forever and hasn't slipped at all. Secondary is going to continue to be ridiculous. That matters a lot.

Now official.

Maybe damaged isn’t the right word, but let’s put it this way: I think it will be an overall net loss if he goes to Tampa, Vegas, LA, etc. Those fan bases will see him as a temporary shiny object and won’t embrace him like New England. He won’t be ruined in New England or anything, but of course you’ll get your 10% of angry fans who never get over the “betrayal.”

And if the Pats slip a bit and Brady has a good year then it’s gonna be Belichick the fan base won’t be happy with. If it’s true that the Pats best offer is 1 yr at less then he got last year than it would seem Bill is perfectly fine with letting Brady walk.

The McCourty twins are back. Our secondary will be solid yet again.

Good news. But now how about that 15th ranked offense? What moves are we making there?

And here's the surprising thing, as bad as our passing game was due to lack of weapons, our rushing game was even worse. 3.8 yards per carry as a team tied for 25th worst in the NFL.

The McCourty twins are back. Our secondary will be solid yet again.

Good news. But now how about that 15th ranked offense? What moves are we making there?

And here's the surprising thing, as bad as our passing game was due to lack of weapons, our rushing game was even worse. 3.8 yards per carry as a team tied for 25th worst in the NFL.
I had no idea the offence ranked as high as 15th. And that's with the 25th worst rushing offence. Wow. What a testament to Tom with that roster.

How many safeties play at an elite level well into his 30s? Charles Woodson is a notable one, but I can't think of another at the moment.

Not that I'm against this extension. DMac had one of his best seasons ever, but he's also turning 33 this year. I was hoping that that maybe Belichick could re-sign him for less money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes