PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Detroit Reporter Calling For Thanksgiving Day Boycott of Lions

The Lions outside of the Sanders years have been giving America nap inducing football for 60 years.

And everyone blames the Turkey....Turkey's getting a bad rap.

very true, at least in year’s past most people have been able to at least find some fantasy football relevance to watching the game between the lions or their opponent. On thursday the lions and bears offer very little entertainment even from that perspective

Matt Patricia has been at odds with the press in Detroit almost since day 1 ... started when MP pissed off some vets on the team, who complained to a DFP writer, who wrote a scathing article about it all ... and since the lions didn't win the past two super bowls, they have done nothing but roast in in the press ever since...

but man you do have to wonder though, about whats going on there, its like they can't connect the dots ... there is some talent on that team ... they should be better than 3-7-1 at this point

Blowing leads in the 4th quarter has been problem number 1. Losing Stafford ended their season.

F the Lions.

I can't count how many Thanksgivings I had to talk to family because there wasn't a football game worth a sh!t to watch.

That "tradition" needs to go away.

That goes for "America's Team" too. They have been marginally more watchable in the last couple decades.

Amen. The NFL is a business, not a historical society. Knock off the "tradition" nonsense and put marquee teams/games on. Besides, the last time I checked, the Pilgrims didn't land in Michigan. ;););)

MP: “That’s fine with me, I’d rather be home eating”

Patricia and Quin and under contract until the end of the 2022 season, so chances are that Detroit's management knew that this wasn't a quick fix situation.

Can we boycott the Lions being one of the Turkey day games every single year?

It'd be nice to keep my food down, but they're so bad.

Give Us Back The Eye!

VndPXaB.gif

There are certain people who I will always have respect for when it comes to Patriots legacy. No matter what, I will buy them a beer. The list is really long but has to include Matt Patricia:
matt-2.vresize.940.529.high_.77-c122625daed1a510VgnVCM100000d7c1a8c0____.jpg

I do wish they'd try to put better games on like they try to do for Sunday night games during the season. Being married to Detroit and Dallas really limits them getting good games on all day.

Patricia loves the conservative passive defenses that get eaten alive today..no fear for QBs. Glad he left us, our defense went from last to first. Patricia should stick to building planes

I know one thing, if MP gets fired I don’t want him anywhere near this Defense.

Shouldn’t have fired Caldwell. He’s a pretty good coach.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back