PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshaun Watson? (UPDATED: Caserio Says Team Has "no interest" in trading him)

Nick Caserio reacts to the trade request.

DFQlmTC.png

So if you are going to have to trade Watson anyways, why hire a 65 year old guy? Watt is going to get cut, they are obviously going to have to go into rebuild mode. This really makes no sense. Its like they have the team chaplin making the managerial decisions.

So if you are going to have to trade Watson anyways, why hire a 65 year old guy? Watt is going to get cut, they are obviously going to have to go into rebuild mode. This really makes no sense. Its like they have the team chaplin making the managerial decisions.
They are completely directionless. You have a franchise QB you may now have to trade so at least the silver lining is you can get a boatload of picks to replace the picks that O'Brien gave away. In all likelihood the Texans will go into full rebuild mode from top to bottom with a very young roster so management decides to bring in a 65 year old first time head coach? Absolutely clueless but it isn't surprised when the guy in charge is forcing people to pray with him and weaseling his way into a position he didn't earn.

Texans fan consensus (according to my scan of their forums just now) is surprisingly "**** Watson, he signed a contract, Caserio should be fired if he gives in and trades him". There are also some people who see the truth of the situation and blame the McNairs and Easterby, but they seem to be a minority. There's also just a lot of fans who claim to be done with the team, and I don't blame them. I would be embarrassed to root for a team strongarmed by a sanctimonious backstabbing "character coach".

I think he goes to miami if houston gives in to their demand. I wonder if the jags would be interested.
My money is on Miami. They can potentially offer a second year QB who was a top 10 pick in 2020 as well as at least one other 1st.
This guy’s opening up a can of worms. I can see QBs in the future doing this stuff. I don’t like it.
NFL players seem to be watching the NBA players and the way they are able to force their way out of situations they don't like. Something tells me the next CBA the owners will do everything they can to reign in this power.

I still say the only way this makes sense is that it does appease Watson and he stays. Because how else to to justify hiring a 65 year old career position coach who is the passing game coordinator of the worst passing game in the NFL!

Or BB sent Caserio to the Texans with a mission to trade Watson to the Pats and destroy the franchise.

My money is on Miami. They can potentially offer a second year QB who was a top 10 pick in 2020 as well as at least one other 1st.

NFL players seem to be watching the NBA players and the way they are able to force their way out of situations they don't like. Something tells me the next CBA the owners will do everything they can to reign in this power.

This is still America (for now) you can still refuse to work, granted he will be fined for breaking his contract, but those fines are almost never enforced once the impass passes. I don't think the NFL can pass a rule saying that you can't hold out. It would be unAmerican.

It will be fun the next few years having to play twice Watson, Allen, Fields (Jets if Waston goes to Miami).

Nick Caserio, do us a favor please. Just read if Watson wants to come here, he has the power to do so. He has a no trade clause in his contract and can refuse to waive the clause if he doesnt want to go to a particular team

except fields is a better option than Tua - if Miami thinks so, it's safe to say others think so, also

my money is still on the Jets to overpay and outbid everyone......

I don't know why Watson isn't being criticized more.

The Texans would have to take a $67M cap hit if they trade him this year; 50M next year.

He signed his contract extension in September, just before the start of the season. That was well after the Texans traded Hopkins away; that was well after the Texans brought in Easterby; that was well after the Texans had made numerous personnel, coaching, and organizational blunders that were all incredibly obvious.

The fact that he seriously prefers the Jets over the Dolphins just makes this more laughable; the Jets are objectively one of the worst organizations in pro sports, have no weapons, no stability, no offensive line, and are no better than the Texans. The Dolphins are a rising team that won 10 games and have a ton of great young players. How can anyone take Watson seriously that he just wants to win?

He signed a big contract and got big money. The NFL is a business. The Texans shouldn't trade him and take that cap hit unless they get an unprecdented, stupid amount of draft capital. If they're losing the PR battle, they should fight back. They may be a crappy organization, but they should have no pressure or mandate to cave to Watson's demands if it isn't 1000% in their best interest.

NYC vs Boston vs Miami

Pizza alone makes this an easy decision for Watson.

Texans fan consensus (according to my scan of their forums just now) is surprisingly "**** Watson, he signed a contract, Caserio should be fired if he gives in and trades him". There are also some people who see the truth of the situation and blame the McNairs and Easterby, but they seem to be a minority. There's also just a lot of fans who claim to be done with the team, and I don't blame them. I would be embarrassed to root for a team strongarmed by a sanctimonious backstabbing "character coach".
The truth of the matter is the Texans gave Watson a huge contract and he’s a big cap hit if traded. There’s some decent incentive to just wait it out a bit

He is going to the Jets. He has a no trade clause and likely wont come to NE even if pats make a play. NY on the other hand , Saleh, tons of ad money in NYC and jets have the 2nd overall.

Patriots need to trade for Deshaun Watson and OBJ. I would be way more confident in the Pats future going forward.

We need a real QB to compete with the likes of Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes going forward.

Texans need to trade Watson. He has made his desire to be traded abundantly clear.

Source:

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back