PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshaun Watson Suspended 11 games (Updated)

Prediction : Cleveland will be a bad team throughout the year, even after Watson returns.
To take that further, how will this guy ever be good enough to earn back all the stuff CLE gave up for him?
  • $230M guaranteed cash
  • Three (!) future first round picks
  • Pissing off fans who care about Baker Mayfield
  • Pissing off fans who care about sexual abuse
  • Paying most of Mayfield's salary
  • Watching Mayfield get the starting job on the Panthers
  • Having to play Jacoby Brisette for eleven games, more or less tanking a season
The Browns really have covered themselves in brown stuff, IMO.

He'll have to play at a NFL MVP level to ever justify that kind of commitment, and IMO he won't.

On one hand he’s now off scot free so why should he being a sociopath and all even care anymore. But that being said this is like the worst possible way for him to handle this PR wise so good work NFL and NFLPA.

In case you're wondering if he's remorseful and if he'll take that treatment program seriously:

Watson has to be about as stupid as stupid gets and also a narcissist for good measure. What a find Cleveland, what a find. . .

Compare and contrast what he's actually saying to what the PR team puts out via lackeys like Schefter:

They should have kept it simple:

was hoping that it wouldn't get changed... 6 games was perfect... now I am going to wonder if the browns will make a move at qb - go after jimmy.... with 6 games, they wouldn't have... but with the now 11 game suspension, they might just make a move so the season isnt a complete bust

I cannot imagine that the NFL or the Browns expected Watson to immediately go in front of the press and directly contradict each and every part of their official statements. They’re dumb but not that dumb.

was hoping that it wouldn't get changed... 6 games was perfect... now I am going to wonder if the browns will make a move at qb - go after jimmy.... with 6 games, they wouldn't have... but with the now 11 game suspension, they might just make a move so the season isnt a complete bust
Because that's what it's about, whether the Browns are any good or not.

Watson and the Browns looking really good right now, huh?

If this guy was in Brazil, I would expect at least some rock throwing.

Not in all stadiums, just some

Because that's what it's about, whether the Browns are any good or not.
Am I supposed to root and cheer because "justice" was done because they added 5 more games to his suspension and fined him less than 3% of his new shiny $230,000,000 dollar contract? :rolleyes:

That's not justice in any sense of the word.... Its also not an expression of a meaningful stance on sexual assault by the NFL... its no less a whitewashing of the incident than the six game suspension was...

So, please, spare me your righteous indignation and "ugh" commentary over something as meaningless as adding 5 games to the suspension...

Or they'll leave the coaching staff out there to do their best or be hung, and then clean house for maybe a Brian Flores or someone Watson approved.

Honestly, long term, I hope they DO trade for Jimmy. Add that salary and more draft picks to the pile of things they've had to give up to have a starting QB this year, and see how long they can maintain a competitive roster while Watson is still here. They'd just be chasing one mistake with another in the end.

Or they'll leave the coaching staff out there to do their best or be hung, and then clean house for maybe a Brian Flores or someone Watson approved.
I don't think the Haslams know what they are doing when it comes to running an NFL franchise.

Honestly, long term, I hope they DO trade for Jimmy. Add that salary and more draft picks to the pile of things they've had to give up to have a starting QB this year, and see how long they can maintain a competitive roster while Watson is still here. They'd just be chasing one mistake with another in the end.
it would be a one year stop gap contract... they have the money for it now, with a league leading 49+ million in cap space per otc... dont think it would hurt any future moves on their part in paying Jimmys 25m dollar contract number for this season

I don't think the Haslams know what they are doing when it comes to running an NFL franchise.

What I described is what an owner does when they don't know how to run an NFL franchise.

What I described is what an owner does when they don't know how to run an NFL franchise.
even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while... they completely blundered the Baker Mayfield issue, leaving them to recoup what? eating 10M in his salary and getting a "conditional 2024" draft pick... For a starting quarterback... they are just maroons...

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back