PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshaun Watson accused of sexual assault in lawsuit

Even if that's the case, you have to know you're going to get nailed at some point. Why risk it
Because it's an easy victim. No recordings and no witnesses. Purely a my word vs their word.

This is it. It’s not about just getting sexual release there’s a million other easier ways he could to that where he doesn’t hurt anyone. This is about power.
Everything is about sex except sex. Sex is about power.

Tone can make a big difference with lines like that, so I won't go overboard here, but Nick needs to be careful. Belichick only really has the leeway to be snarky with the media because he has success. Caserio has not earned that yet, and if things go too south, too quickly (and if Watson isn't playing the whole season, that's almost a certainty), he'll need some allies in the media to keep the pressure low while he rebuilds.

So did he get all these massages during this extinction event know as the Pandemic? How the F was he able to fly people around the country when we were supposed to be in our basements praying for forgiveness? I am still at a loss to explain 2020-21...

Tone can make a big difference with lines like that, so I won't go overboard here, but Nick needs to be careful. Belichick only really has the leeway to be snarky with the media because he has success. Caserio has not earned that yet, and if things go too south, too quickly (and if Watson isn't playing the whole season, that's almost a certainty), he'll need some allies in the media to keep the pressure low while he rebuilds.
PFT has a more fleshed out piece that I didn't see until after the tweet. You might find Caserio's comments less problematic to you, in that context.

Nick Caserio on Deshaun Watson: We’re respectful of the legal process - ProFootballTalk

Caserio had a huge issue dumped in his lap after taking this job and seems to have handled it very well.
What will be really interesting to watch is how the team performs this year. He took a bad team without cap room or draft picks and made a ton of transactions to upgrade depth abs a change the culture, which really seems to be what they needed. If he can get a .500 season out of that, esp considering he won’t have Watson for much if not all of it, that’s pretty impressive.

I can’t believe Tony “Buzbee” is his real name.

Their associate lawyers, Jack Hoff and Mike Hunt, are also handling the case.

Glad Watson is diversifying and hiring a Nigerian, but It seems like a bad look when the guy’s name is Yunno Yuwannit.

The battle has been joined.

After weeks of press conferences and lawyer statements and a skirmish over whether the plaintiffs would proceed in their own names (they now are) in cases alleging misconduct during massage sessions, Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson has filed a formal answer to the first lawsuit that was filed against him last month. The document filed by Watson’s lawyer in the case filed by Ashley Solis calls the entire effort a “money grab.”

Deshaun Watson’s first official response calls the lawsuits against him a “money grab”

Looks like he’s gonna fight it. No settlement.
I wouldn't paint it with such a broad brush. If he gets a settlement offer he can't refuse, he will likely take it. It is just a matter of how low the plaintiffs are willing to go.

It seems to me a couple of the cases against Watson are pretty strong, but several of them are incredibly weak.

Money grabs are also known as the only available resource for women whose professional lives/reputations were damaged by a sexual predator. He may or may not have broken any actual laws yet that's irrelevant to a civil suit.

It makes my stomach turn that this scumbag tries to paint them as money hungry after using his money and fame to prey on them.

In the end, though, this is just another leverage play. A settlement will come.

I wouldn't paint it with such a broad brush. If he gets a settlement offer he can't refuse, he will likely take it. It is just a matter of how low the plaintiffs are willing to go.

It seems to me a couple of the cases against Watson are pretty strong, but several of them are incredibly weak.

Idk about that. His lawyer will have
witnesses against some of these women. I really don’t think he will settle.

Money grabs are also known as the only available resource for women whose professional lives/reputations were damaged by a sexual predator. He may or may not have broken any actual laws yet that's irrelevant to a civil suit.

It makes my stomach turn that this scumbag tries to paint them as money hungry after using his money and fame to prey on them.

In the end, though, this is just another leverage play. A settlement will come.

So you’re declaring him guilty?

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back