Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would "the rest of us" be?

The people that live in the most powerful City on Earth? or
Washington Capitals fans? or
Washington Nationals fans? or
Are you speaking for all Pats fans?
:rolleyes:

Calm down, it was a joke. But if you think Rivers after 3 seasons can turn it around then good for you. No one here is counting on him to contribute. Should we trade for Dominique Easely while we're at it?

Hes no Dominique Easily

I thought he was out of the league. I thought the Pats cut him. It's a shame what's happened to his career. Hopefully he can shine and get a job somewhere. I can't imagine it'll be with the Pats, but it would be a nice story, like Deion Lewis was.

I thought Rivers in the 3rd round was highway robbery. He had the profile of a stud pass rusher, and even when he's played he's shown the occasional flash. Problem is 'when he's played' which has been, well, practically never thus far in his career. Hoping for a pleasant surprise this year in camp but nothing to count on at this point.
I wondered/worried if coming to NEP was the best thing for him considering what type of prospect he was. Thought he was a PTP long before the draft but maybe he would have been better off in a Pitt, Balt, Sea etc?

Who knows.

You bet on prospects like him though. There's been like 7 guys to run a 4.60/sub 7 3C & he was one - *edit* >245lbs.
Terrific production, dominated his comp.

Again who knows?

Last edited:
We better stop talking about him he might get hurt again doing nothing.:oops:

I’m certainly pulling for him why not he is more than likely if healthy a replacement for Collins or Van Noy

Not counting on him, but happy that he's pushing hard in February.....

We'll see how he looks in July/August....but at this point anything we can get from him will be a bonus.

You know if he makes the team and performs at a valuable level he will have loyalty come contract time if we stick with him and the patience pays off.

I’m certainly pulling for him why not he is more than likely if healthy a replacement for Collins or Van Noy

Perhaps Rivers is a replacement for Calhoun. I also expect us to draft a LB and to acquire one or two in free agency. It will NOT be easy to replace the production of KVN and Collins. I guess that I'm OK with Winovich and Bentley making up for Collins. KVN will be a serious loss.

LB: Hightower, Bentley, Winovich, Roberts (we will re-sign him)
to be re-signed or replaced: KVN, Collins, Calhoun

Who would "the rest of us" be?

The people that live in the most powerful City on Earth? or
Washington Capitals fans? or
Washington Nationals fans? or
Are you speaking for all Pats fans?
:rolleyes:

facepalm1.jpg

Shawn Cable 2.0

upload_2020-2-10_19-58-19.png

I'd say he is a bust. Cut him and save a bit of $$ for a WR/TE.

Speaking of "giving" Derek Rivers should give back money based on playing time or lack their of.

Injuries are a part of the game and it's not like he hasn't been trying.

I thought he was out of the league. I thought the Pats cut him. It's a shame what's happened to his career. Hopefully he can shine and get a job somewhere. I can't imagine it'll be with the Pats, but it would be a nice story, like Deion Lewis was.

If he's still on the team it's for a reason. BB may still have hope for him. I'm hoping too because like you said it'd be a good story.

I wondered/worried if coming to NEP was the best thing for him considering what type of prospect he was. Thought he was a PTP long before the draft but maybe he would have been better off in a Pitt, Balt, Sea etc?

Yeah I kinda thought he was better-suited for the role of a stricter 3-4 upfield OLB like PIT & BAL use...He doesn't possess the physical requirements of our current DEs, nor the experience as a lateral/midfield OLB...In comparison, Wino is more stout than Rivers and has already shown to not be a total disaster when it comes to setting the edge & stopping the run, so he should be able to play closer to the LOS than Rivers ever would have here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes