PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Derek Rivers not giving up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had such high hopes for the guy. I hope he turns it around.

Like Edelman said, it’s going to be one hell of a story.

But probably not.

Like Edelman said, it’s going to be one hell of a story.

But probably not.

Rivers will be an all-pro pass rusher when Chris comes up with thoughtful, intriguing threads.

Having played 6 games in 3 years is a pretty good motivator for Rivers.. considering the average career of an NFL player is 3.5 years...

He needs to show up this year if he wants a future in the NFL, if not Vince McMahon can find a gaudy outfit for him..

Hgh ... Its good for a recovering body

That’s good.

Had high hopes too. Really thought he’d become a contributor. Lost that hope 2+ years ago.
When he got drafted I watched this 25 minute video of a guy on YouTube going through Rivers' tape and pointing out his outstanding bend and ability to turn the corner around pass blocking tackles and got excited. Ah well.

Derek Rivers may not have given up, but the rest of us have...

Derek Rivers is back, how do we fix the team?

Nor should he. Longer shots have turned into productive players. The odds are definitely NOT in his favor though. It would help if he could make some bones on special teams to buy him more time to prove worth elsewhere (the Ninkovich/Van Noy path). Regardless, I doubt the Pats are penciling him in for anything at this point.

Speaking of "giving" Derek Rivers should give back money based on playing time or lack their of.

Gutted for him. Just hope he hasn’t blown his money away. Would be nice for him to just have a good season. He’s had terrible luck so far in his career

I forget, what was his injury?

I thought Rivers in the 3rd round was highway robbery. He had the profile of a stud pass rusher, and even when he's played he's shown the occasional flash. Problem is 'when he's played' which has been, well, practically never thus far in his career. Hoping for a pleasant surprise this year in camp but nothing to count on at this point.

Derek Rivers may not have given up, but the rest of us have...
Who would "the rest of us" be?

The people that live in the most powerful City on Earth? or
Washington Capitals fans? or
Washington Nationals fans? or
Are you speaking for all Pats fans?
:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill