PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Denver Game Rescheduled

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is slightly off topic, but has there been any word from the Pats about whether fans will be allowed at any games going forward? I feel like I have missed an e-mail from them somewhere. They said no fans in September, and we'll let you know on the rest, but it's now September 28th and I don't think we've seen anything else from the Pats on this issue.

I would think the Bills game gets flexed. That will be an awesome game.
It certainly looks like one of the best games that Sunday.

When it's an all-NFC East tilt, it almost doesn't matter how good/bad the teams are. Their fans watch.
Very true, but there has to be a tipping point somewhere, when a better game draws more neutral fans than a bad matchup of big market teams.

I would be surprised at that.. Remember that networks get to protect certain games of their choosing... If I'm CBS, no way I want that moved since it will be a very HIGH draw..
Great point. But now CBS broadcasts some NFC games and Fox broadcasts some AGC games, all in the name of overall higher ratings. Also, would CBS perhaps want to make that a late game in that case

I think in CBS' mind the Giants and Cowboys were going to be about 2-2 or better coming in and we both know they're top 5 TV markets.
The opportunity for CBS to broadcast top 5 market games is certainly a very valid point. I think they just didn't care that the Giants were going to be a bottom-five team this year. As a football fan I want a good game - which is what we are theoretically supposed to get in the 4:25 ET slot as well as on SNF.

The SNF game for that week is Cowboys Eagles.

Might be tough to flex that out, but if the Eagles continue to lose...
Great point. And CBS may be willing to give up Pats-Bills that would have only been aired regionally, if they can get Dallas-Philadelphia in return (see DaBruinz comment above). Again, keep in mind that CBS can sometimes air NFC games and visa versa now.

The SNF game for that week is Cowboys Eagles.

Might be tough to flex that out, but if the Eagles continue to lose...

I just can't see them flexing out of a Cowboys/Eagles game, not sure they've ever flexed out of a SNF that involved Cowboys/Eagles/Giants. But if they did flex it Pats/bildos is the game CBS will be protecting. Could see New Orleans/Chicago getting flexed (especially now with Foles) to SNF that week if there is a flex.

I know this is slightly off topic, but has there been any word from the Pats about whether fans will be allowed at any games going forward? I feel like I have missed an e-mail from them somewhere. They said no fans in September, and we'll let you know on the rest, but it's now September 28th and I don't think we've seen anything else from the Pats on this issue.
I did a little research and apparently Gov. Baker told the Pats that he will not allow any stadium crowds, even 20%, until MA is in Stage 4 of its reopening plan, which is on hold indefinitely as COVID cases haven't really gone down in MA.

I did a little research and apparently Gov. Baker told the Pats that he will not allow any stadium crowds, even 20%, until MA is in Stage 4 of its reopening plan, which is on hold indefinitely as COVID cases haven't really gone down in MA.

Honestly. The Pats should SUE Baker for that ridiculousness. Baker has ZERO proof that crowds such as those that attend church or attend sporting events would cause a spike in COVID. (example: Sturgis Bike Rally led to a 0.09% infection rate) And their "Dashboard" is the perfect example of how stats can be bastardized into scaring people..

2.8% of those tested on 9/28 tested positive.
They don't mention what actually caused the 11 deaths.
They compare the "increases" against the "Lowest Observed value" so that it seems higher than it actually is..

Honestly. The Pats should SUE Baker for that ridiculousness. Baker has ZERO proof that crowds such as those that attend church or attend sporting events would cause a spike in COVID. (example: Sturgis Bike Rally led to a 0.09% infection rate) And their "Dashboard" is the perfect example of how stats can be bastardized into scaring people..

They compare the "increases" against the "Lowest Observed value" so that it seems higher than it actually is..

Yeah, and what happens when someone who attends the game, or their grandmother who gets exposed from him/her, dies from COVID? Putting aside the tragedy of that, who has the deep pockets for the lawsuit over knowingly exposing someone to the risks? Not saying you don't have a point, but the Pats have to be smart here. Now the Titans have a COVID outbreak. Is their game going forward this weekend? Do they (or their opponent - not sure if they play at home or not) now have to give refunds to everyone who bought tickets (if applicable)? Have you read about the outbreak in ME from a wedding where only 64 people attended, but almost 200 cases and multiple deaths in the community have occurred? This pandemic sucks on so many levels, but I for one can't really blame Charlie Baker for being conservative.

Reactions: PP2
Moved the blowout back 3 1/2 hours? Works for me..Also, since they’re not going anywhere this year, mind if we borrow Jeudy & Fant? We promise to sell them back to you..

Columbus day weekend, Monday holiday... Drink up fellas!

Fant might not be able to go. He got jacked up last night.

Donks had fans this past Sunday. No issues. They will have MORE fans for the next home game. It's a tragedy that they stole this experience from us.

Yeah, and what happens when someone who attends the game, or their grandmother who gets exposed from him/her, dies from COVID? Putting aside the tragedy of that, who has the deep pockets for the lawsuit over knowingly exposing someone to the risks? Not saying you don't have a point, but the Pats have to be smart here. Now the Titans have a COVID outbreak. Is their game going forward this weekend? Do they (or their opponent - not sure if they play at home or not) now have to give refunds to everyone who bought tickets (if applicable)? Have you read about the outbreak in ME from a wedding where only 64 people attended, but almost 200 cases and multiple deaths in the community have occurred? This pandemic sucks on so many levels, but I for one can't really blame Charlie Baker for being conservative.
Same thing that happened when they had the flu and visited grandma. There was a chance she would catch it from them, and if she did, there is a chance she would die. Almost like there are two options, shut everything down to protect you, so if you happen to catch the disease, you won't possibly spread it to grandma if you happen to go see her, or don't go see grandma, but keep everything else open.

And yet its still not as bad as the Swine Flu or the regular flu..

1e9lab.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back