PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dennard arrested for DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Please chill, it's just DUI

c'mon...she's just a little pregnant...and I didn't punch that doggie....he's just slightly insane...yes, I'm a believer in argumentum ad populum....any true intellectual would recognize the necessity for studying logical fallacies...I'll be here all week BTW...try the clams zuppa...

How many have died because of drunk driving idiots? 'Just DUI' doesn't so much as offend me as it makes me wonder how you can even function in life with nothing between your ears. What an incredibly ill-advised ignorant thread. That being said the real reason we shouldn't overreact is because we dont know the evidence yet. Maybe he's innocent. As of right now he is presumed so.

How many have died because of drunk driving idiots?

We lose about 35 or 40 lives a day on American roads due to alcohol-related car accidents. It's like more than a Sandy Hook massacre every day.

guys chill..hernandez only killed a guy...DUI? HA What a joke that is :rolleyes:

Crack in your back pocket affects only you so that's an... odd comparison.

In addition to what others have said retorting the OP, it's not JUST him getting a DUI. The fact that his decision making is that piss poor (if he was in fact intoxicated) that he would do this while under such a microscope is a worry enough.

We took a chance on AH and it backfired. Some of these guys with questionable pasts like Moss/Dillon were fine in their time here, hey everyone deserves a 2nd chance, but someone who f***s up when they were just in court a few months ago it truly is worrisome. If this guy remains a Patriot and goes on to do something worse in a few years, how will that make Kraft look. When he said he was 'duped' by AH yet Dennard (another guy who's character concerns caused him to drop several rounds despite 1st/2nd round talent) has already gotten in more trouble than AH did in 3 years with the Patriots.

Please chill, it's just DUI

This is a common occurrence in the THOUSANDS on a daily basis in the USA. He didn't get caught with crack in his back pocket or kill anyone did he?

Take his license away for a period of time the same way they do other citizens and he will learn the lesson of being a rich young man, having to get a lift from a buddy to work in the morning instead of rollin' up himself in a merc or whatever flashy ride he drives. Trust me that is a LESSON right there and he won't do it again.

Honestly if the Pats cut this fast rising STUD at corner then Bill and Kraft have lost the plot. You don't cut someone of Dennard's talent (who was a late 1st/early 2nd steal in the 7TH ROUND) for a silly incident like this.

Guys chill this was just a PUI (posting under influence)

Seriously I don't want him to be cut either, but my neighbors son was killed by a drunk driver, I lost 5-6 classmates to drunk driving or being a passenger of a drunk driver. It's not something you just chill on.

Please chill, it's just DUI

How many have died because of drunk driving idiots? 'Just DUI' doesn't so much as offend me as it makes me wonder how you can even function in life with nothing between your ears. What an incredibly ill-advised ignorant thread. That being said the real reason we shouldn't overreact is because we dont know the evidence yet. Maybe he's innocent. As of right now he is presumed so.

First I commend you on being so pro life for a self proclaimed killer :)

Second I agree this appears to be something we need to see the evidence of. Could be harassment by small town cops where he punched one of their own.

This is a common occurrence in the THOUSANDS on a daily basis in the USA. He didn't get caught with crack in his back pocket or kill anyone did he?

Take his license away for a period of time the same way they do other citizens and he will learn the lesson of being a rich young man, having to get a lift from a buddy to work in the morning instead of rollin' up himself in a merc or whatever flashy ride he drives. Trust me that is a LESSON right there and he won't do it again.

Honestly if the Pats cut this fast rising STUD at corner then Bill and Kraft have lost the plot. You don't cut someone of Dennard's talent (who was a late 1st/early 2nd steal in the 7TH ROUND) for a silly incident like this.

A charter member of Drunk Drivers Against Mothers.:eek:

UPDATE: it is now noted that Dennard Did not fail the field sobriety test but police say that was because he didn't blow hard enough?

I smell a rat in Nebraska.....possibly this is a way the police got even with Dennard beating up an officer down there?

Perhaps Denard needs to stay out of Nebraska and stay in Foxboro during the offseason.

UPDATE: it is now noted that Dennard Did not fail the field sobriety test but police say that was because he didn't blow hard enough?

I smell a rat in Nebraska.....possibly this is a way the police got even with Dennard beating up an officer down there?

Perhaps Denard needs to stay out of Nebraska and stay in Foxboro during the offseason.

You'd probably be right that he should indeed stay out of Lincoln, whether this is his fault or not. Not much good will come from hanging out there in the future. It's unfortunate, but true.

The cops may have it in for him from past differences, it could be due to the racism angle, or he could have pulled the old "I'll try and blow at lightly as possible into the machine" trick.

You'd probably be right that he should indeed stay out of Lincoln, whether this is his fault or not. Not much good will come from hanging out there in the future. It's unfortunate, but true.

The cops may have it in for him from past differences, it could be due to the racism angle, or he could have pulled the old "I'll try and blow at lightly as possible into the machine" trick.

I don't drink and obviously never had to blow into a breathalyzer,but I would think they should be made to NOT work if there is not enough sufficient breath blowed into it and should show an error code.

I don't drink and obviously never had to blow into a breathalyzer,but I would think they should be made to NOT work if there is not enough sufficient breath blowed into it and should show an error code.

I believe that there was at least one or more police officers earlier in the thread who chimed in at one point or another.

It seems as though it does not fully register an accurate reading or something along those lines. If you want some specifics about how the machine operates, you might be able to find it roughly 10 pages back IIRC.

If Dennard is really innocent then there will likely be video evidence that will back up his claim, both of him driving and of him taking the sobriety test.

Field sobriety tests and breathalyzer are two different things. Normal course of events is for officers to talk to the person first and try to determine if they are impaired. IF the officer thinks they are, the next step would be field sobriety tests (arms out, head back, point your fingers, touch your nose; walk heel to toe X many steps out, pivot, then walk back; stand on one foot while holding other foot in the air in front of you, those kinds of things). If driver passed all with flying colors, officer might stop things there. If not, officer would then proceed to administering a breathalyzer test.

The above is a "general" outline of the overall procedure. Things could vary depending on circumstances and/or jurisdiction.

I agree actually-people make drunk driving and wife beating out to be a huge deal, but what is the end result? 99.9% of the time ZERO jail time, and either probation or silly counseling classes. Hell, leonard little and Dante stallworth KILLED people because of DUI and they each spent linke 30 days in jail.

I agree actually-people make drunk driving and wife beating out to be a huge deal, but what is the end result? 99.9% of the time ZERO jail time, and either probation or silly counseling classes. Hell, leonard little and Dante stallworth KILLED people because of DUI and they each spent linke 30 days in jail.

Not sure if joking... :confused3:

Wow, what a coincidence.

Not only did Dennard not strike a police officer he also wasnt DUI either. Damn the bad luck..:rolleyes:

It sounds to me like Alfonzo was half axx cooperating by not blowing enough air into the machine so it could not register a reading. I do not believe that Dennard wasnt asked to take a blood test as he claims to have happened. Everyone is a Lair but Dennard.

Wow, what a coincidence.

Not only did Dennard not strike a police officer he also wasnt DUI either. Damn the bad luck..:rolleyes:

It sounds to me like Alfonzo was half axx cooperating by not blowing enough air into the machine so it could not register a reading. I do not believe that Dennard wasnt asked to take a blood test as he claims to have happened. Everyone is a Lair but Dennard.

BB may cut the kid for being so outa shape that his lung function was worse than a COPD patient

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe