PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demaryius Thomas says he was insulted/disrespected by Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drafted WRs. Like Harry K.

Rumored to be the next David Boston.

Exactly the point. They could miss the next 40 drafted WRs...if they keep winning titles or are in the hunt for them the end game is achieved.

The difference between tactics and strategy. Narrowly focused individuals think tactically while broadly focused individuals think strategically. How many titles did Megatron win? How about current darling of the board A.J Green?

It's been said a million times and people still don't grasp...similar to economics, the larger your middle class, the greater the opportunity for stability and longevity of success.

It's why BB takes risks in the draft more often than not (Gronk for example who by all "draftniks" processes around here was way too much of an injury risk) because he doesn't have to expend a huge amount of capital resources for that asset over a mid-term of a few years.

Demaryius embodies the mindset of the weak, effeminate Jesticles--passive-aggressive and butthurt. They're a perfect fit for each other.

Exactly the point. They could miss the next 40 drafted WRs...if they keep winning titles or are in the hunt for them the end game is achieved.

The difference between tactics and strategy. Narrowly focused individuals think tactically while broadly focused individuals think strategically. How many titles did Megatron win? How about current darling of the board A.J Green?

It's been said a million times and people still don't grasp...similar to economics, the larger your middle class, the greater the opportunity for stability and longevity of success.

It's why BB takes risks in the draft more often than not (Gronk for example who by all "draftniks" processes around here was way too much of an injury risk) because he doesn't have to expend a huge amount of capital resources for that asset over a mid-term of a few years.

Thank you!

Why does the rest of the NFL fall apart most years and BB simply watches it happen and takes advantage? Why does the Sun Tzu ‘If you wait long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by you down the river’ saying every year gets dusted off and thrown onto sports pages of columnists who sneer at the “lucky” Patriots???

Because BB has consistently focuses on getting the best bottom of the roster personnel on the Patriots(#36-53) rather than the best top 5. Having the GOAT at QB helps a lot too, but everyone saying it’s because of 2 guys is ignorant that football is a team game and you need 53 plus a good ps to get through 19,games of car crashes with no seat belts or air bags.

.Of course none of the above has any effect in Fantasy Football Leagues which explains some of the posters’ comments.

This post makes no sense at all, except to be an excercise in excuse-making.

This post makes no sense at all, except to be an excercise in excuse-making.
Well it doesn’t make the point it seems to be trying to but that point would be very valid.

Building a team involves a slew of decisions and interrelated actions. Every decision is a choice between many options.
Everyone who drafts makes picks that turn out be poor.
Everyone who signs free agents signs ones they shouldn’t have.
Everyone who cuts players, cuts the wrong one sometimes.
Every coach makes bad decisions about who to play.
The success or failure in building a team is a conglomeration of all those decisions.
It’s silly to pick out decisions and judge them in a vacuum without recognizing that they are part of a large group of decisions.
The only way to judge the large group of decisions is success.

It’s easy to call a particular decision good or bad. But to call a DECISION MAKER good or bad needs scale and comparison. The only real way to do that fairly is to look at the sum total.

someone earlier made a comment “get dimitroff at least he knows how to draft wrs” really?
He drafted Julio by trading up to 6.
He drafted Ridley at 26.

Belichick until this year has decided that WR wasn’t worthy of a #1 pick. Many people argue that he should prioritize WR but I don’t know when looking at the results you can say it would have worked out better.
belichick has largely ignored drafting WRs at least other than in slots that are more likely to fail than succeed. It’s really unreasonable to judge that without looking at what the result if that philosophy is.

Ring 6 ) said:
And in the time he has played Thomas has outproduced Meyers. Glad we agree.

for the 29th time. I am discussing the statistics that were brought into the thread and were misleading.
Injuries and who you want on your team are not part of that discussion. You appear to know that yet keep deflecting back to it.

it would not be the end of the world if you posted that you misunderstood the discussion was about the misrepresented statistics and yes they were misrepresented. Then after accepting that, having a different discussion with who ever you want about whatever you want would be dandy too.

it seems though that you just want to argue and flame. Disappointing.

.........The post is not even close to an analogy.

I was comparing how 2 players have played, you know played ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD, this year.
I was saying that to judge their comparative ability only a moron would say a guy who has 120 yards in 5 games is playing better than a guy who had 108 in 2 1/4.
Citing one guy with one good game is as far from a good analogy as it gets.

How ya doin' today, Ringo?

.:p:p:p

How ya doin' today, Ringo?

.:p:p:p
I’m doing great the Patriots won 33-0.
But as I said before I don’t wish to communicate with you.

I’ve always hated Thomas and am so glad he isn’t on the team. He’s such a whining little pansy, always good for a big drop every game. Got his ass kicked by JC Jackson and lucked out on a couple of calls. Before garbage time I think he had like 8 targets for 22 yards. They didn’t even double/bracket him with their CBs and didn’t put Gilmore on him. Now that’s the disrespect you were looking for, DT.

I’ve always hated Thomas and am so glad he isn’t on the team. He’s such a whining little pansy, always good for a big drop every game. Got his ass kicked by JC Jackson and lucked out on a couple of calls. Before garbage time I think he had like 8 targets for 22 yards. They didn’t even double/bracket him with their CBs and didn’t put Gilmore on him. Now that’s the disrespect you were looking for, DT.

Eh, I have no animosity towards DT, glad BB made the decision of Meyers over him, though. Much better long-term for the franchise in the future.

For those looking at small sample/size per game......Last night:

Meyers: 5 targets 5 Rec 47 yards $498,333 cap 22 years old
Thomas: 9 targets 3 Rec 42 yards $2.724 million cap 31 years old

Last edited:
Eh, I have no animosity towards DT, glad BB made the decision of Meyers over him, though. Much better long-term for the franchise in the future.

For those looking at small sample/size per game......Last night:

Meyers 5 targets 5 Rec 47 yards $498,333 cap 22 years old
Thomas: 9 targets 3 Rec 42 yards $2.724 million cap 31 years old

I’d love to see Meyers become an important part of Brady’s arsenal. The kid has incredible hands.

Besides, I also like seeing undrafted guys flourish. Especially on the Patriots

Demaryius Thomas says he was insulted/disrespected by Patriots.

... then he disrespected himself on national TV by missing a wide open pass killing a drive ...

Keep being you, DT!

ask Thomas if he'd jump at the chance to play for the Patriots today...

Watch the pathetic effort by DT here on the INT. Terrible throw, but wtf. On the replay it looks even worse. Man I'm glad this clown isn't on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes