PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demaryius Thomas says he was insulted/disrespected by Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif

:D

I just love the fact if you don't love every single player the team signs then you're negative.

Gilmore Collins say hi
I was more thinking about older vets (30's), in the twilight of their careers. I suppose Harrison would be one and that went pretty well.

He basically said the Broncos disrespected him when they traded him as well. Maybe he's right and no one respects an injured, aging, stone hands, soft receiver. I sure don't.

Meh, the DN slant is what it is but it's not as though Thomas was railing:

'Thomas didn’t speak with anger when retracing the end with the Patriots, but made it clear that he didn’t believe the team was forthright with him.'

"“Coach (Belichick) came up to me and was like, ‘Uh, we got too many guys. We can’t get the ball around enough and we’re going to trade you to the Jets,’” Thomas said. “And that was that…. Ain’t no reason to yell. They’ve won championships without me. I was only trying to be a part of something that was going to be good when I was there… They’re doing a hell of a job.”

I was more thinking about older vets (30's), in the twilight of their careers. I suppose Harrison would be one and that went pretty well.
Roman Phifer Tyrone Poole Andre Carter
Ted Washington Keith Traylor

'Thomas didn’t speak with anger when retracing the end with the Patriots, but made it clear that he didn’t believe the team was forthright with him.'

"“Coach (Belichick) came up to me and was like, ‘Uh, we got too many guys. We can’t get the ball around enough and we’re going to trade you to the Jets,’” Thomas said. “And that was that…. Ain’t no reason to yell. They’ve won championships without me. I was only trying to be a part of something that was going to be good when I was there… They’re doing a hell of a job.”

Right, he wasn't even particularly salty... The "waste of time" money quote was less about his entire stint with the Patriots and more that they worked out this cut and re-sign thing and he ended up getting traded a week later when Brown appeared to make him surplus to requirements, so he could have just found another team at cutdowns instead. Which seems reasonable. Seems more frustrated at the situation than the organization or Belichick.

Are you actually serious with this ?

Them trading a player who could not beat out a rookie UDFA will not affect anything at all. As long as they are winning no veteran will give a **** at all about veterans being cut.
I disagree. We have 3 examples (really 4) of good talented proven vets in their 30s just this year going through the Patriots way of doing business, which could be viewed "by other players" (not fans, not team officials, not you) as being i) disrespectful or ii) not being able to trust what they say, in other words not worth it if there are other offers out there.

I understand there are no guarantees, but I'm talking about the view of things, and there is an obvious and apparent pattern.

Agree. The point from his quotes is that he's upset about his being assured at cutdowns that the team wanted him back, so don't sign with anyone else. So he didn't. He's saying that if he had known things would go down the way they did, he would have signed somewhere else right at that point. Clearly he took the spot on the roster line as his being assured a spot on the team for the season, which is where his mistake was and where the "broken trust" comes from.

That said, I was under the impression the trade was made because Thomas asked to be traded. I didn't like it at the time knowing that Brown was a ticking time bomb, but assuming BB was doing Thomas a solid and was trying to prevent a locker room issue, I understood. Now we know it wasn't (except maybe where BB chose to send him to) - Thomas wanted to be here and never asked out. So now I'm back to disagreeing with that trade completely.

After losing Enunwa for the season, DT has been a very welcomed surprise.

Seems like he'll fit in well with Robby stretching the field, and Crowder being the shifty slot guy.

He looked pretty good last week. Thanks New England.

Right, he wasn't even particularly salty... The "waste of time" money quote was less about his entire stint with the Patriots and more that they worked out this cut and re-sign thing and he ended up getting traded a week later when Brown appeared to make him surplus to requirements, so he could have just found another team at cutdowns instead. Which seems reasonable. Seems more frustrated at the situation than the organization or Belichick.
I agree with you up until that line. I think he's upset with Belichick. His argument is don't make these types of assurances if you're just going to cut me when the best wide receiver in the NFL suddenly becomes available for relatively cheap. If he was able to look at the situation from afar (rather than being directly involved), he'd understand.....

After losing Enunwa for the season, DT has been a very welcomed surprise.

Seems like he'll fit in well with Robby stretching the field, and Crowder being the shifty slot guy.

He looked pretty good last week. Thanks New England.
I bet he really puts you guys over the top from a playoff contender to a Super Bowl contender!

DTs from too much green Koolaid?

J-E-S-T-S! JESTS JESTS JESTS!

I disagree. We have 3 examples (really 4) of good talented proven vets in their 30s just this year going through the Patriots way of doing business, which could be viewed "by other players" (not fans, not team officials, not you) as being i) disrespectful or ii) not being able to trust what they say, in other words not worth it if there are other offers out there.

I understand there are no guarantees, but I'm talking about the view of things, and there is an obvious and apparent pattern.

What pattern ?

They are doing what they have been doing forever and veterans will keep coming here because it is the best place to be if you are actually interesting in winning and playing football. If you are just here for a pay check you wouldn't make it here anyway longterm.

Players that end up being cut are either toast or not good enough to compete with younger players on the roster relative to their salaries. The former usually retire (see Wayne or Decker) the latter either get cut or traded (DT or maybe soon Bennett).

Ultimately if you don't have you agent negotiate any real guarantees into your contract like Watson OR DT failed to do you will have to outperform your competition relative to your compensation. If you fail to do so that is not on the team.

And this is not something unique that happens in NE.

Are his press interviews supposed to appeal to Jets fans or Patriots fans these days? He's in a Jet's uniform playing for their fans.

They are still on the Gordon, Dorsett and Harry train. They will break out any week now.

Yeah, hopefully, the Pats can win a game for once!

Exactly what I posted after the Pats had an agreement with Thomas to return.

Watch Thomas have a huge game this Monday.

I like DT - - he seems like a good dude.

I honestly hope he get 10 catches for over 100 yards this Monday Night as his team loses by 20 points to the Pats.

how was his time wasted?

Wrong

I said good for Berrios getting to live out his dream and play in the NFL. The Thomas situation is totally divergent from Berrios.

Really, the farce here is that this board went on and on how great Berrios looked in camp. A Star in the making and then the next thing you hear is that Berrios is cleaning out his locker heading to Logan airport. Its the same bunch of rose colored sunshine songs that I read about Harry, Meyers, Dorsett and Gordon.

Never pans out.

You're unhinged. No one said Berrios was a star in the making. Many were simply pulling for him to be a solid #5 or PR.

But nice imagination, Defeat.

So much for BB treats vets respectfully so they want to come play here.

Several of us thought DT got screwed. Now turns out Ben was released at $2.5M and re-signed a week latter at $1.5M which is another not so cool move (yes I get that its good for the team). Finally, Bennett was brought in knowing fully well what he brought and then demoted when something changed (again good for the team).

Veterans will probably think twice before agreeing to come to NEP in the future.

You do realize that Watson missed 37.5% of the season, right? That means he has 62.5% of the season left to play. $2.5 x .625 = $1.5625.

Confused?? They are still paying him a prorated $2.5 Million dollars. He's not playing for the full season, only 10 games. They are paying him for the remaining 10 games. If they paid him $2.5 Million, they'd be paying him for the 6 games he missed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back