PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demaryius Thomas says he was insulted/disrespected by Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gordon was the one who needed to be traded, but another team would be crazy to deal for him.

If they had kept Thomas and traded Dorsett instead, would Dorsett be right to complain in the media that his stint in NE was a waste of his time? What about Meyers?

Just compare his “it’s everyone’s fault but mine - I’m the victim” btchfest to a real man like Ben Watson.

Just compare his “it’s everyone’s fault but mine - I’m the victim” btchfest to a real man like Ben Watson.
Don’t think many players can compare to Watson. What a classy and mature guy. I hope he sticks around.

I mean, seems like a reasonable complaint all in all, especially given the cluster**** that the AB signing turned into. It's a business, but I'm not sure how anyone could blame Thomas for being salty about the way it went down, especially since he accommodated the Patriots at cutdown time whem he was under no obligation to do so and then got sent to the New York Falks for his trouble the second a shinier bauble (that turned out to be a turd) appeared.

Watson's a bizarre comparison given that Watson made himself unavailable for the first quarter of the season by pissing hot.

Gordon was the one who needed to be traded, but another team would be crazy to deal for him.

Yeah, an injured guy gutting it out with an injury, throwing huge blocks and still on pace for 800 yards, getting paid $2M is the problem. Classic Triumph take.

Gordon will heal up and make you look like a fool again. His injury is the main reason the offense is lacking its rhythm, but he’s not important or anything.

Oh my god. The patriots cut players when they find better ones and once you make the roster you aren’t guaranteed a job as long as you want one? How can I root for a team like that. Every year they bring in 90 players and lie to over 40% of them. I must reevaluate life.

I'll bet bank that he has a TD on Monday night. This is the Jete Super Bowl. Using the disrespect card to get motivated works wonders.

Isn’t is possible that DT himself can take on some blame here? He obviously didn’t inspire enough confidence for the team to keep him. If they thought he was who he thinks he is, he’d still be on the team. It’s a two-way street. *****ing to the press about stuff like this is just another hint this guy would not fit in here. I guess entitlement and previous accomplishments are not a big part of the Patriot Way.
That doesn't work for him.

Since when is bringing an aging veteran coming back from injury into camp only to move on from them some outlier?

Just like you said about Berrios. How’s that working out for you? Watch Thomas get absolutely smothered unless he gets open through some misdirection plays or garbage time stat padding.

Wrong

I said good for Berrios getting to live out his dream and play in the NFL. The Thomas situation is totally divergent from Berrios.

Really, the farce here is that this board went on and on how great Berrios looked in camp. A Star in the making and then the next thing you hear is that Berrios is cleaning out his locker heading to Logan airport. Its the same bunch of rose colored sunshine songs that I read about Harry, Meyers, Dorsett and Gordon.

Never pans out.

Feels like half the posters in this thread expressing personal offense because Demaryius Thomas dared mention a totally understandable negative feeling towards the Patriots were posting things like "wish we hadn't traded Thomas" when the Brown stuff was going down. It's always kind of surprising (but also a little sad) how many posters here treat remarks about a big impersonal billion dollar brand as if they were remarks about said poster or someone meaningful to them.

So much for BB treats vets respectfully so they want to come play here.

Several of us thought DT got screwed. Now turns out Ben was released at $2.5M and re-signed a week latter at $1.5M which is another not so cool move (yes I get that its good for the team). Finally, Bennett was brought in knowing fully well what he brought and then demoted when something changed (again good for the team).

Veterans will probably think twice before agreeing to come to NEP in the future.

Oh yea? Wait till Monday when we assign Jordan richards to cover you. How would THAT feel

So much for BB treats vets respectfully so they want to come play here.

Several of us thought DT got screwed. Now turns out Ben was released at $2.5M and re-signed a week latter at $1.5M which is another not so cool move (yes I get that its good for the team). Finally, Bennett was brought in knowing fully well what he brought and then demoted when something changed (again good for the team).

Veterans will probably think twice before agreeing to come to NEP in the future.
Gilmore Collins say hi

I mean, seems like a reasonable complaint all in all, especially given the cluster**** that the AB signing turned into. It's a business, but I'm not sure how anyone could blame Thomas for being salty about the way it went down, especially since he accommodated the Patriots at cutdown time whem he was under no obligation to do so and then got sent to the New York Falks for his trouble the second a shinier bauble (that turned out to be a turd) appeared.

Can we stop with this ******** narrative about him doing the team any favor ? He got a pay bump of 300k just for agreeing to not sign with anyone immediately after the release:

Patriots Give Demaryius Thomas Raise

The Pats increased Thomas’ base salary from $1.2MM to $1.5MM, Field Yates of ESPN.com tweets.
He got compensated for playing ball on this there. This is not what a favor looks like.

Can we stop with this ******** narrative about him doing the team any favor ? He got a pay bump of 300k just for agreeing to not sign with anyone immediately after the release:

Patriots Give Demaryius Thomas Raise

He got compensated for playing ball on this there. This is not what a favor looks like.

Not unreasonable to think he could have gotten more from another team if he had reneged on that handshake agreements after demonstrating he was physically capable of performing in the preseason.

Are you actually serious with this ?

Them trading a player who could not beat out a rookie UDFA will not affect anything at all. As long as they are winning no veteran will give a **** at all about veterans being cut.

Not unreasonable to think he could have gotten more from another team if he had reneged on that handshake agreements after demonstrating he was physically capable of performing in the preseason.

This still doesn't make it a favor. He got compensated for it and still benefits from that raise now that he is on the Jets.

He was worth a 6th round pick in 2021. Maybe that should give him a hint about his actual value.

Have you ever had a company change its mind about your employment? When you speak of them, do you speak well?
It's natural. Probably stings a lot more when you've been revered in the past for your talent.

We hear it when players arrive here - "the Patriots are professional," "the Patriots welcomed me into their family," and we hear it on the way out.
https://www.inquirer.com/philly/sports/eagles/20150129_Blount_grateful_Patriots_gave_him_a_chance.html
https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2019/09/19/josh-gordon-calls-patriots-family-environment/eXDXlMaqshKygobV8NvQQK/story.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/04/14/danny-amendola-harsh-words-bill-belichick/517334002/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back