PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demario Douglas

I want to see him vs someone else's CBs too. That'll be when the tasting of the pudding really begins.
Agree. Tomorrow should give an idea. Hype vs reality . If he starts to outshine expect him to be given reduced snaps in game 2 and 3.

I don't think we have ever been so excited for a wide receiver draft pick in ages after training camp. Harry never had hyped up practices. Meyers was actually outshining him even in TC.

I don't recollect Mitchell hype during preseason.

I want to see him vs someone else's CBs too. That'll be when the tasting of the pudding really begins.

Yep, that and I want to see how the "current" OL does against someone else's DL. I suspect that it won't be pretty, but it also won't be the cluster F that some predict.

If he is your best receiver and he is mediocre it sucks. If he is your best receiver and he is freaking amazing it is a good thing. I hate stupid takes.
I would have to agree. If your best receiver is mediocre, that would mean the guys behind him are even more mediocre.

If that ends up being the case, I would say we'd be in for a long season. Hopefully, that doesn't end up being what we ultimately see in a few weeks. That would be less than fun.

I watched him a lot in Training Camp and he is the Patriots best receiver, by far. I would be shocked if he is not a day one starter. He reminds me of Welker, but quicker. He is impossible to cover, although I did not see Jack Jones line up against him--Jack Jones is the only Patriot that would have a chance.
Jon Jones is much better than Jack Jones at covering a lightning-quick shifty guy. Remember Jon shutting down Tyreek Hill? And Jon found DD to be a handful as well. So Jack would have no chance.
Keep your Jones' straight.

It sounds like he's exceeded expectations but....

GM/BB and Scouts really did their homework in the shrine on Douglas what Great value in the 6th Round.

No bias on that fan site.

Last edited:
And on D Douglas he's way quicker than Meyers...Welker like quickness wouldn't if be funny if D Douglas have a better year stat wise than Meyers.

Jon Jones is much better than Jack Jones at covering a lightning-quick shifty guy. Remember Jon shutting down Tyreek Hill? And Jon found DD to be a handful as well. So Jack would have no chance.
I love Jon Jones but he didn’t shut down Hill by himself. They consistently doubled Hill with McCourty providing deep help. That’s not taking anything away from JJ, because few, if any, cornerbacks can shut down Hill one-on-one.

I love Jon Jones but he didn’t shut down Hill by himself. They consistently doubled Hill with McCourty providing deep help. That’s not taking anything away from JJ, because few, if any, cornerbacks can shut down Hill one-on-one.
I’m not sure about that and I’m too lazy to go back and watch film but it’s always been my opinion JJ shut him down on his own more times then not.

Igor, with you in his corner he cant win.

You mean like when you wanted Bledsoe over the noodle armed QB 6th round pick who replaced him? But I guess you were right, the best the game manager could ever hope for was to hold a clipboard for the # 1 overall pick with the cannon arm. And you were also right that you could do a better job running the Patriots than Belichick could.

I sure hope Douglas isn’t as bad as those two turned out to be.

I’m not sure about that and I’m too lazy to go back and watch film but it’s always been my opinion JJ shut him down on his own more times then not.

He’s right, they used Jones to take Hill away underneath, and helped him over the top. It’s a great way to deal with that problem.

Yep, that and I want to see how the "current" OL does against someone else's DL. I suspect that it won't be pretty, but it also won't be the cluster F that some predict.

Improved line coaching alone should help mitigate the breakdowns & unforced errors; and I certainly hope that our Tackles fare better vs their Edge guys than they have so far vs our own.

They definitely doubled him with that duo throughout the 2018 AFC championship game but maybe I am suffering from memory bias, recalling the last time they beat him. You may be right about subsequent matchups.

Hey that's what the missus told me recently.

The talk was we were really enamored with BC's Zay Flowers but D Douglas seem very similar if not better. :cool:

Wonder what they thought of Wake Forest's AT Perry; he was at the Shrine Bowl too... Not much I guess.

Last edited:
You're mostly right- note I said mostly.
but there were a couple plays where JJ was by himself,no dmac help and he stopped him. Not saying hed do it every time,theres no one in the nfl who can do that. Jon was also above average playing #1 outside cb last year. Diggs was about the only guy who gave him trouble. But even with the best cbs theres always that one wr that gives them trouble. My point was Jon is the best we have at covering the superquick shifty guys. And that is DD in a nutshell

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back