PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demario Douglas

SammyBlueCat

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Best way I've heard him described is he's the offensive version of Marcus Jones. So the hope is he can run the kinds of plays we saw Marcus succeed on last year, freeing him up to focus on D and PR.

Douglas is also a returner as well, so maybe he can be the primary KR and backup PR.

Gotta see how he looks when the pads come on today though. He's undersized, so him doing well in shorts is one thing. Let's see how he does when DB's can get physical with him.

Can Mac see over the LOS to find this waterbug?

OT: From same article....

- Bailey Zappe had a really good Sunday. He hit Jalen Hurd, Tre Nixon, and Demario Douglas all for touchdowns in the same 11-on-11 drive.

- Tyquan Thornton showed a pulse, scoring two back-to-back touchdowns from Zappe. One on a crosser along the back endline and another beating Ameer Speed on a fade route.

Count To 5 Boston Celtics GIF by NBPA

Note: According to the article, Mac did manage a TD pass to a RB
Note 2.0: Mac has averaged 1.16 TD passes/gm in his pro career

Governor GIF by GIPHY News

He has a similar game as Zay Flowers. I think back to Jakobi's first training camp and how he hit the ground running on day 1 and was making catches. If Douglas continues to have a good week, he's gonna make it. Then who else do we keep:
- Thornton's untouchable
- JuJu's untouchable
- Parker is probably untouchable, unless the new guy Hurd pushes him out (unlikely)
- Bourne is not untouchable but a fairly safe bet to make the team
- Douglas would be our 5th if we can afford 5. Nixon, Boutte, Webb, Lee, & Hurd would all be cut or PS.

He has a similar game as Zay Flowers. I think back to Jakobi's first training camp and how he hit the ground running on day 1 and was making catches. If Douglas continues to have a good week, he's gonna make it. Then who else do we keep:
- Thornton's untouchable
- JuJu's untouchable
- Parker is probably untouchable, unless the new guy Hurd pushes him out (unlikely)
- Bourne is not untouchable but a fairly safe bet to make the team
- Douglas would be our 5th if we can afford 5. Nixon, Boutte, Webb, Lee, & Hurd would all be cut or PS.
TyMontgomery, if he isn't permanently injured, is a wildcard. They seem to like him a lot, but I don't know if he's a WR or a 3rd down back.

Really looking forward to see how he does when the pads come on, because I think Douglas' skillset is precisely what this offense needs: a guy with short area quickness that can get open early in the down. No one else fits that mold, and that's the guy who has feasted in this offense for 20 years (Troy Brown, Edelman, Welker, Amendola).

He’s got your “cat like” quickness traits for sure. See no reason you can’t adopt your trademark into the wr position.
Yeah.. this kid I watched his interview.. he has something special about him. Hi elite speed working the slot or pretty much anywhere on offense would be a welcome sight

His YouTube video gives me Tyreek hill vibes.
You know something you right!! He is pretty much the same body type as hill.. hill was a punt/kick returner.. he then morphed into a WR..

With the ball in his hands, he reminds me more of Dion Lewis.

**** Tyreek Hill. But I'll take that comparison too, minus the abusing children and women.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back