PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Demario Douglas - Round 6 - 210th Overall

There was literally a time on the old boston.com forums where I was arguing with negative nancy’s (see above) that even though he had some injury issues and untimely drops Julian Edelman had the talent to be successful… and these smooth brains were telling me he was a “bust.”

Many of these same people were telling me that because James White was pinned to the bench behind Shane Vereen he was going to get cut. Many of these people argued Stephon Gilmore was the worst free agent signing of BB’s career after week one of 2017.

In short, it’s very easy to be negative in a sport where the average career lasts three years. If you said every rookie was going to fail you’d be correct a large majority of the time. These negative nancy’s never come back years later and admit they were wrong about Edelman… they just say player x could never be Edelman-like now.

It’s lazy garbage takes with zero accountability when they’re wrong. If the search engine on this site was worth a damn, there would be a lot more care taken with these negative hot takes.

Right on the money. And when they work out and become good to great players the same people who blasted them as bums, and wanted them cut, pretend they were “ with them all the way.”

Most people on this site are able to be positive and critical, depending on the issue, but then, like every fanbase there is always a small cadre of people who are always miserable and negative 99% of the time, with the exception coming when the team wins it all, and they pretend they were always with them. These people aren’t worth arguing with, because nothing will change their miserable outlook, which in most cases extends to life in general.

Right on the money. And when they work out and become good to great players the same people who blasted them as bums, and wanted them cut, pretend they were “ with them all the way.”

Most people on this site are able to be positive and critical, depending on the issue, but then, like every fanbase there is always a small cadre of people who are always miserable and negative 99% of the time, with the exception coming when the team wins it all, and they pretend they were always with them. These people aren’t worth arguing with, because nothing will change their miserable outlook, which in most cases extends to life in general.
Trolls aren't "miserable", they actually take pleasure from inflaming misery.

Last edited:
Trolls aren't "miserable", they take actually pleasure from inflaming misery.

And the reason they take pleasure in it is because they are miserable. The studies that have researched have come to the same conclusions. Trolls are mentally I’ll people, and the highest correlation is to sadism.

There was literally a time on the old boston.com forums where I was arguing with negative nancy’s (see above) that even though he had some injury issues and untimely drops Julian Edelman had the talent to be successful… and these smooth brains were telling me he was a “bust.”

Many of these same people were telling me that because James White was pinned to the bench behind Shane Vereen he was going to get cut. Many of these people argued Stephon Gilmore was the worst free agent signing of BB’s career after week one of 2017.

In short, it’s very easy to be negative in a sport where the average career lasts three years. If you said every rookie was going to fail you’d be correct a large majority of the time. These negative nancy’s never come back years later and admit they were wrong about Edelman… they just say player x could never be Edelman-like now.

It’s lazy garbage takes with zero accountability when they’re wrong. If the search engine on this site was worth a damn, there would be a lot more care taken with these negative hot takes.

Wah wah wah…

Last edited:

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes