PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Demario Douglas - Round 6 - 210th Overall

BaconGrundleCandy

Not the kind of guy to say I told you so ...
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Very shifty, bouncy WR that plays with great tempo and rhythm. Smaller WR but knows how to use his body and surroundings to his advantage. Tough kid that was the only real rec option in that offense. Has experience at ST experience but fumbled a few punts. Has return experience as well. Seam stretcher from the slot with NFL acceleration even if his 10 yard isn't elite. Plays fast, quick. Tough to touch once he's moving. Not the best rr won with his gifts rather than technique but he'll be limited here to start for sure. That said he's very good at the top of his route, restem and double move/adjustments. Doesn't lose speed. Inconsistent tracking ability and yac but theyre there. Him and Marcus could be a nightmare if they really hit.

Thank goodness.

Nothing to dislike here. Typical shifty slot receiver that the Pats like. And also ran a 4.44 and had a 39.5 vertical and 11.2 broad jump, so he’s got explosive skills. Lots of potential.

Need to see him in camp, but I like his tape and maybe he develops into a kick returner for us.

<---- I'm sure he got a good rec from this head coach of the Shrine Bowl West team. Probably even told Demario not to play after having a stellar week of practice.

Douglas was one of the pound-for-pound best players in attendance at the Shrine Bowl. It didn't matter who covered him or whether it was press coverage or off, he was always open and caught nearly everything.

Last edited:
Bill O'Brien will fix a lot (the large majority) of what was wrong with the offense last year.

Tyquan, Marcus Jones and Demario Douglas should provide some explosive plays. The WR's we already had in Parker, Bourne and now Juju are established playmakers.

So many media members and fans had a total hard on to take Zay Flowers in round one... okay.

I didn't like that idea because there were similar shrimp sized WR's like Tank Dell who they could get later. Let's look at them all:

Demario Douglas
5'8" 179
4.44 Forty
12 Reps
39.5 Vert
134" Broad
4.29 Shuttle
7.05 Cone

Zay Flowers
5'9" 182
4.42 Forty
00 Reps
35.5 Vert
127" Broad
0.00 Shuttle
0.00 Cone

Jordan Addison
5'11" 173
4.49 Forty
00 Reps
34.0 Vert
122" Broad
4.19 Shuttle
7.05 Cone

Tank Dell
5'8" 165
4.49 Forty
00 Reps
00.0 Vert
121" Broad
0.00 Shuttle
0.00 Cone

Josh Downs
5'9" 171
4.48 Forty
00 Reps
38.5 Vert
131" Broad
4.15 Shuttle
6.75 Cone

And on and on and on... there were plenty of small fast guys.

Did Demario play at Liberty, sure... he also led all Independents which includes Notre Dame, BYU and others in total scrimmage yards, total receptions, receiving yards and was third in TD's.

He returned punts, kickoffs, was just as good the year prior and oh yeah, the Patriots coached him at the Shrine Bowl and he was stellar by all accounts. They know exactly who he is.

WR's can be found everywhere in the draft, one of my favorites Bryce Ford-Wheaton went undrafted and I hope they bring him in as well.

This team has solid weapons across the board, and there's a lot that can happen from now to week one... but I love this pick late.

Love it, he's an explosive playmaker. I have a feeling one of Douglas or Boutte are gonna end up being really good.

<---- I'm sure he got a good rec from this head coach of the Shrine Bowl West team. Probably even told Demario not to play after having a stellar week of practice.

Douglas was one of the pound-for-pound best players in attendance at the Shrine Bowl. It didn't matter who covered him or whether it was press coverage or off, he was always open and caught nearly everything.

Whose quote is that?

The only thing that keeps me from being really excited about the pick is the physical/athletic profile.

How many 5-8, 175-pound WRs that didn't run sub 4.4 40s have had success in the NFL?

Maybe Tyler Lockett? But even Lockett's a half-step faster, a bit better in terms of agility testing, and slightly larger than Douglas. And Lockett also happens to be an excellent route runner.

The videos are fun to watch, but I'm not sure how wide the path is for him to become an NFL caliber receiver.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back