PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demarcus Ware to sign with Denver? [Update: signs 3-yr, $30m deal w/$20m guaranteed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Demarcus Ware to sign with Denver? [Update: signs 3-yr, $30m deal w/$20m guarante

The Broncos spending money the way they are makes me think ...

The Broncos spending money the way they are makes me think they are deferring paying their Players to later years.. ;)

Re: Demarcus Ware to sign with Denver? [Update: signs 3-yr, $30m deal w/$20m guarante

How can the broncos possibly afford to give out this deal with both Thomas' and Von Miller in contract years? There's noway they keep all 3. Hell I can't see how they can keep 2 out of 3. Stupid contract for Ware. Should have tried to keep Phillips on the cheap and spend the cash on DRC.

Ridiculous contract for Ware in my opinion. 3/30 with 20 GTD.

I don't blame DEN for making big moves, but I do think they are overspending in doing so.

How can the broncos possibly afford to give out this deal with both Thomas' and Von Miller in contract years? There's noway they keep all 3. Hell I can't see how they can keep 2 out of 3. Stupid contract for Ware. Should have tried to keep Phillips on the cheap and spend the cash on DRC.

Just a difference in philosophy. Elway sees the Manning window and wants to go for it now, future be damned. Broncos could be in for some trouble a couple of years from now, but if they get a SB or two, how many Broncos' fans would complain?

Just a difference in philosophy. Elway sees the Manning window and wants to go for it now, future be damned. Broncos could be in for some trouble a couple of years from now, but if they get a SB or two, how many Broncos' fans would complain?

The problem is that they aren't winning SBs because of these moves. The possibly moderately upgrade Phillips and DRC to more injury prone players who are no real guarantee to be improvements at a tremendous cost.

Ridiculous contract for Ware in my opinion. 3/30 with 20 GTD.

I don't blame DEN for making big moves, but I do think they are overspending in doing so.
I don't blame Denver for the moves they are making but it does have a Fantasy Football feel about the money spend. Buy names at top dollar and hope for the best.

The problem is that they aren't winning SBs because of these moves. The possibly moderately upgrade Phillips and DRC to more injury prone players who are no real guarantee to be improvements at a tremendous cost.

Talib is different than DRC and should allow them to be more aggressive on D.

Ware had 15 teams calling him the minute he was released. Philips can't say the same. I think Ware brings a lot more to the table.

But yeah, both are huge risks - Talib could blow up that locker room. People were calling Ware boom or bust before the signing. I agree.

It's a huge dice roll. If they don't win in the next two years, they'll be scrambling to find money to rebuild.

lol, if the Patriots signed those three players, posters would be yelling Superbowl from the hilltops. Hell, most posters here were advocating for signing ward and talib. But since they are on the Broncos, they are all poor or questionable signings. Interesting how that works.

Not everyone on the board was for resigning Talib. There were a number who favored letting him go and using the money to sign Revis, which the Pats have done. --- And I think very few who favored resigning Talib would have endorsed the size of the contract given his injury history.

Manning and the Broncos scored zero in the first half of the Super Bow. Manning scored seven FOR the Seahawks on 3rd and 13 from the Hawks 35 when he threw an INT.

The Broncos scored EIGHT points in the Super Bowl. They are losing Decker, Tammi and some O line. Elway decides to go sign three very expensive free agents for the defense.

Maybe I'm just stupid but after watching the NFL for over 5 decades, I think I see what I see and I saw Manning moved off his spot by the Hawks pressure and I saw "the greatest quarterback in history!!!!" put up 8 points for and 7 against . That is hardly the prescription to go out and splurge on defense.

Elway understands that Manning is useless regardless of weapons, so now he's building a good D, and hoping Manning can keep it in his pants when the pressure is on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back