PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demand for a quality OT in draft: Miller, McGlinchey, Brown, Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

zipster9

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Seems like more NFL teams are in need of a OT. Patriots may have to pick earlier than expected for their choice.

Most folks are thinking Miller. Others think Williams.

Or will Cannon switch over to the Left side (which I think is not his strength).

I suspect they've identified a target other than these guys. Whether it's Richardson from NC State, leaving Isaiah Wynn at Tackle, or a later round guy to whom we've not really paid attention, they have their draft plan.

Seems like more NFL teams are in need of a OT. Patriots may have to pick earlier than expected for their choice.

Most folks are thinking Miller. Others think Williams.

Or will Cannon switch over to the Left side (which I think is not his strength).

Cannon is not a LT

We all agree that LOT is very important (keep Brady healthy). I would think that this is higher priority than finding a QB in the draft. No?

They’ll test him there in camp if Garcia still needs time though.

Garcia was diagnosed with blood clots in his lungs and the Patriots placed him on the non-injury list.

It was a serious issue, as Garcia was placed on blood thinners and lost 40 pounds as a result. This could have been a reason he struggled to keep on weight during his time at Troy, as that was one knock against him coming out of college.

==> I would still be very worried...

None of them are any good. It's a really bad tackle draft. Garcia was a better prospect than any but McGlinchey, and I think McGlinchey is overrated, he got picked on by the really good pass rushers like Harold Landry.

Williams is a guard. Miller's a super athlete but he's going to get way overdrafted, hes soft and weak and not ready for the NFL. He's a mid-round pick in a normal year.

The Patriots might take a shot on a talented but troubled guy like Des Harrison in the later rounds, but I don't expect them to take one in the first or second. Trading up for one of these guys would be tantamount to insanity.

We all agree that LOT is very important (keep Brady healthy). I would think that this is higher priority than finding a QB in the draft. No?

Considering our draft position, yes. Better to grab a top 2-3 LT than the 6th rated qb early on.

None of them are any good. It's a really bad tackle draft. Garcia was a better prospect than any but McGlinchey, and I think McGlinchey is overrated, he got picked on by the really good pass rushers like Harold Landry.

Williams is a guard. Miller's a super athlete but he's going to get way overdrafted, hes soft and weak and not ready for the NFL. He's a mid-round pick in a normal year.

The Patriots might take a shot on a talented but troubled guy like Des Harrison in the later rounds, but I don't expect them to take one in the first or second. Trading up for one of these guys would be tantamount to insanity.

Yeah I don’t recall mcglinchey having problems with landry... unless you’ve got some tape that says otherwise.

Yeah I don’t recall mcglinchey having problems with landry... unless you’ve got some tape that says otherwise.

Watch the 2017 game. Notre Dame gave McGlinchey help with Nelson all game, even against a hobbled Landry.

Garcia was diagnosed with blood clots in his lungs and the Patriots placed him on the non-injury list.

It was a serious issue, as Garcia was placed on blood thinners and lost 40 pounds as a result. This could have been a reason he struggled to keep on weight during his time at Troy, as that was one knock against him coming out of college.

==> I would still be very worried...

He reportedly only lost 15 pounds. The 40 number is fake.

Alex Cappa will be the best tackle to come out of this draft class

The 6th rated QB (Rudolph) is a better prospect than the 2nd or 3rd left tackle in this draft. You need to take the prospect pool into account, and these tackles suck.

That’s debatable. While I’d agree as a whole it’s a weak tackle class there’s a few good ones (McGlinchey, Wynn). I get that wynns best position is at guard but I think he has the versatility to play tackle as well even if he’s on the shorter side. I don’t think Rudolph’s a bad prospect, I would just rate the 2 linemen mentioned above higher.

That’s debatable. While I’d agree as a whole it’s a weak tackle class there’s a few good ones (McGlinchey, Wynn). I get that wynns best position is at guard but I think he has the versatility to play tackle as well even if he’s on the shorter side. I don’t think Rudolph’s a bad prospect, I would just rate the 2 linemen mentioned above higher.

Wynn was outstanding at LT and I’d love to see him given that opportunity here. And at the very worst, we’ll have three really good guards.

Wynn was outstanding at LT and I’d love to see him given that opportunity here. And at the very worst, we’ll have three really good guards.

Until Mason walks for the big bucks in free agency at the end of this season. Yet another reason to draft Wynn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back