PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Defensive Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last 2 regular season games, Patriots got clobbered by Chiefs. Sadly, I expect a Patriots loss next week. :(
Meh. That did not happen this year.

Actually, I think I was making the same mistake. The Defense I was talking about featured Jordan Richards prominently. Big Dime?
Not sure it had a name. But it was dime with 4 safeties.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh. That did not happen this year.

They! Can't! Win! Like David vs Goliath, like Appalachian State vs Michigan, like Buster v Mike, like Knights Hospitaller vs the Ottomans, like Cetshwayo's Impi vs the Number 3 Column (or later that day the B/2nd/24th of Foot vs InDlondo & Udloko amabutho) --- so just admit it RW, They! Can't! Win! :)

Right now the Patriots are a ?. BB and staff, as a season goes on, typically figure out what they can and cannot do well (as all coaching staffs try to do with their own teams -- except the Jets), then deploy it in as strategic ways as possible. Sometimes right out of the gate what BB/Staff think they can do well they end up doing pretty well. Other times it takes a half season or more to figure what they can do well (or just barely acceptable). This is one of those seasons that BB/staff don't know enough about what they can and cannot do well. I hope they figure it out sooner rather than later to figure a road map that works to the strengths while covering the weaknesses in order to work-fight-beg-borrow-plead their way to a SB,
So what does my Rum and Coke fueled harangue mean? Well I'm not even really sure myself but I'm pretty sure next week vs KC we may see the Patriots play well or we may seem them lay an egg. This team is still a ?. Cheers! :)

They! Can't! Win! Like David vs Goliath, like Appalachian State vs Michigan, like Buster v Mike, like Knights Hospitaller vs the Ottomans, like Cetshwayo's Impi vs the Number 3 Column (or later that day the B/2nd/24th of Foot vs InDlondo & Udloko amabutho) --- so just admit it RW, They! Can't! Win! :)

Right now the Patriots are a ?. BB and staff, as a season goes on, typically figure out what they can and cannot do well (as all coaching staffs try to do with their own teams -- except the Jets), then deploy it in as strategic ways as possible. Sometimes right out of the gate what BB/Staff think they can do well they end up doing pretty well. Other times it takes a half season or more to figure what they can do well (or just barely acceptable). This is one of those seasons that BB/staff don't know enough about what they can and cannot do well. I hope they figure it out sooner rather than later to figure a road map that works to the strengths while covering the weaknesses in order to work-fight-beg-borrow-plead their way to a SB,
So what does my Rum and Coke fueled harangue mean? Well I'm not even really sure myself but I'm pretty sure next week vs KC we may see the Patriots play well or we may seem them lay an egg. This team is still a ?. Cheers! :)
the chiefs are still a ? too

BB has learned from his mistakes, remember the days of Earthwind, Tiquan and "Two Way Troy"???... seems as though he has viewed this position differently than in the past, while we do not have a star studded D backfield, we have a swiss army jackknife D backfield, that allows for a variety of defensive alignments dependent on the other teams strengths..

AJ good job picking this stuff apart...

Can you think of a game where the Big Nickle worked? I can't. That was the defense where the beloved Jordan Richards would be on the field a lot...

Wouldn't it be a bit unfair to judge the big nickle's (or dime) results from last season with Branch (or the lack of the 2016 Branch ) , Richards and this season's with a seemingly stronger DT rotional depth?

Kansas City has been fast out the gates and makes everyone play catch up.

We need to be able to go score for score with them early because if we fall behind it will be very difficult to make it back up.

Belichick is figuring out how to use these guys now. I’ve been told they have zero talent so it’s even more impressive to me that bill can use a group who has “no talent” and stop Andrew Luck. Interesting isn’t it?
Colts without TY Hilton and half a team injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back