PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deebo wants out of SF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clieb

Rookie
Reaction score
With Deebo reportedly wanting out of SF and wanting to get paid- does it make sense for the Pats to take a shot? What price would you pay? Would you trade this year’s first?

He seems like a perfect fit for the Pat's offense. Pretty much another Cordarrelle Patterson, but slightly smaller.

I would definitely trade this years 1st AND N'Keal Harry. Maybe SF can get something out of Harry.

We would have a bidding war with the Jets. Not interested in that.

Offer our 2nd rd pick for him. He’s on the last year of his deal and is going to get a big contract. Blah blah blah. They owes us for Garoppolo.

Offer our 2nd rd pick for him. He’s on the last year of his deal and is going to get a big contract. Blah blah blah. They owes us for Garoppolo.

First of all they’ll laugh in Bill’s face. Second of all we knows if Deebo wants to come here anymore.

It’s curious- Schaffer reports part of Deebo’s issue is how he’s being used… He does pretty much everything for them, not sure we’d use him any different

It’s curious- Schaffer reports part of Deebo’s issue is how he’s being used… He does pretty much everything for them, not sure we’d use him any different
His issue is money and he is doing everything he can to force SF hand to either pay him or trade him to someone who will.

If SF suddenly offered a deal worth 30mil a year he would talk immediately about how much he loves the city and fans and looks forward to retiring a 49er someday and wants to help bring them a championship

He seems like a perfect fit for the Pat's offense. Pretty much another Cordarrelle Patterson, but slightly smaller.

I would definitely trade this years 1st AND N'Keal Harry. Maybe SF can get something out of Harry.

With what cap space are we going to pay him with?

"Mr. Lynch, I have some guy on the line, says he's with the JESTs"

There's a new (and very aggressive) market dynamics going on now, I get that, and in most cases it works but I just don't get, this dude is in a good position right now, why burn bridges like that?

This is 100% motivated by money (no matter what he says) and getting a deal now before everyone realizes this year WRs market is an anomaly.

He is not playing for some dumpster fire franchise, he's on the 49ers, playing for championships and he will get his money this year or next.

I don't know, some of these guys will eventually shot themselves in the foot like Leveon Bell or AB

I'll believe it when I see it. But if he's serious, it's a good move as the 9ers are running him into the ground.

See what the Steelers did to LeVeon Bell.

I read that he wants to be the highest paid non-QB in the NFL. I can't wrap my head around that. The dude is good/great, but #1 in the league?
sterling k brown snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I think from a team building point of view, if I am going to pay someone at the top of the league, he is more likely going to be a shutdown corner than an offensive weapon. He's going to be a guy who can take away the oppositions best guy. It's really moot, because there's no value in paying anyone as the highest paid non-qb in the league.

Being used as a running back as much as he is will shorten his career and earning potential. That’s probably why he’s mad.
He could always say no to Kyle Shanahan. Along with Kittle, Debo is their best offensive player, so he's not going to get benched if he doesn't want to take a handoff. Some players need to grow a pair and talk to the coach instead of pouting like a girl and telling the media/social media.

Go get him. All it will cost. us a our #21 plus we get the honor of paying 20MM/yr for the next 4 years. And since we don't need any help from the draft and having a #1 WR is a necessity for ALL teams as the Pats have proven over the last 20 years, then by all means go get him. :rolleyes:

I’m thinking that Deebo sees the Trey Lance crash and burn coming and wants no part of it. Imagine if you are a WR going into your contract year and your team is going to start a guy with like 12 div 2, college starts under his belt, thinking that he will thrive against NFL defenses. Deebo doesn’t want to have his maybe one and only best shot at making millions of dollars brought down by Lance.

Really can’t blame him,

Go get him. All it will cost. us a our #21 plus we get the honor of paying 20MM/yr for the next 4 years. And since we don't need any help from the draft and having a #1 WR is a necessity for ALL teams as the Pats have proven over the last 20 years, then by all means go get him. :rolleyes:
Jim Carrey Chance GIF

I'm sure Bill will make the inquiries but he is not paying what they will be asking for. Its going to cost draft capital AND a ton of money to extend him...I know the salary cap doesn't mean anything (I don't even know what that means) because every other team seems to be able to amass talent, but the Pats don't have that kind of flexibility on the books. The Jets/Eagles could probably make a play

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes