PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Debate Brady vs Belichick?

I think it’s more Brady simply because he had more impact touching the football every offensive play. That’s not to put Bill down. He’s the best coach of his era. It took both to win 6 SBs (as well as many others).

But Bill and to a lesser extent the Krafts have egg on their face with what’s happened the last few years. Brady deserved to go out on his own terms here, not get the year to year treatment. We were playing 1930’s football this year because we didn’t implement the forward pass while Brady lit it up in Tampa and proved he’s still an elite player. I wonder how the Krafts truly feel about this decision right now.

Why is there a need to steer discussions ?

Bounce the trolls
And let posters engage in threads that interest them, not what interests the mods
It has nothing to do with what interests the mods have, I'm getting a lot of complaints from posters and seeing it as well.

This board over the years has become the GOAT of all boards...it is the pinnacle of fan forums across the NFL, the apex..I get emails from other mods/posters on other boards that come on here to read what is going on...how the fans are reacting to the Patriots, etc. .....Take pride in what you post, if you see someone trolling, please let one of the mods know. Unfortunately there have been too many new posters recently coming on and looking to incite and agitate and troll.

Going to lock thread in a little while, hoping we can transition to discussing this weekends games, drafts or whatever other football topics come about.

Ash

It’s absolutely ridiculous that mods keep locking every BB vs Brady thread as if it’s a personal insult to them if something bad is said about BB.

The same topic that tons of media outlets and shows and podcasts and newspapers are discussing, we are being moderated from discussing due to the thin-skin and BB-worshipping by the mods here.

Can we have some light touch moderation here please. Noone is calling each other names or cursing. And what if posters are upset at BB and criticising him? Why is this a personal affront that requires moderation and locking up thread after thread?

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with what interests the mods have, I'm getting a lot of complaints from posters and seeing it as well.
Maybe those posters who are upset at the BB-bashing should not engage in the thread.

If there was no evidence for it, BB wouldn’t be getting bashed.

This thread is as dumb as it was the day it was started. I thought 2021 was supposed to be better?
Why are you reading it then? And engaging?

Why is there a need to steer discussions ?

Bounce the trolls
And let posters engage in threads that interest them, not what interests the mods

Exactly. And why should mods respond to a few posters upset at the BB-bashing? So what if they are upset.....

It’s absolutely ridiculous that mods keep locking every BB vs Brady thread as if it’s a personal insult to them if something bad is said about BB.

The same topic that tons of media outlets and shows and podcasts and newspapers are discussing, we are being moderated from discussing due to the thin-skin and BB-worshipping by the mods here.

Can we have some light touch moderation here please. Noone is calling each other names or cursing. And what if posters are upset at BB and criticising him? Why is this a personal affront that requires moderation and locking up thread after thread?
If you're so upset and the mods are awful, why are you still here, just do everyone a favor and leave then.

I just cannot imagine (a) being an adult, (b) understanding that mods themselves, like Ashley and Ian, are real life people who have lives, priorities, and responsibilities, (c) and still pouting to them that topics are being are being discussed, despite that they have numerous tools like Thread Ignore and Poster Ignore.

These discussions aren’t toxic. We saw the political debates, and those were toxic. We’re in the post-dynasty era now, and there’s going to be some criticism and frustration without the team magically ripping off eight straight wins.

Shame on the people who bother the mods and whine to them incessantly. This isn’t a group of officials paid for by your tax dollars. These are volunteers who are nice enough to lend their time and energy to moderate a message board, mind you a message board that is very tame. Use your available resources before annoying them over baseless complaints. If you don’t like that some are talking about Tampa Bay in a thread or criticizing Bill Belichick in another thread, I hope your dramatic yet sensitive souls will one day heal from this trauma.

Last edited:
Being a mod of any forum about anything is a thankless job. No matter what you do someone will ***** at you for it.

Reactions: sb1

Why don’t those posters use the Thread Ignore button instead of complaining to you.

And the discussions themselves have been civil and not acrimonious. There’s no need to lock them, or “steer” them.

If you're so upset and the mods are awful, why are you still here, just do everyone a favor and leave then.

I didn’t say they are awful. I said “please can we have some light touch moderation here”. That’s a world away from you putting words in my mouth and saying I call them awful.

We’re in the post-dynasty era now
Wow.

So, if we win the Super Bowl in a year, that won't be part of our dynasty?

Five calendar years separated the last Celtics Russell title and the first Cowens, and also five calendar years separated the last Havlicek title and the first Bird. Red Auerbach called them part of the dynasty.

Is the 49ers' 1994 Super Bowl not part of their dynasty? Post-Montana; no playoffs in 1991. Five calendar years from the last one.

Is the Oilers' 1990 Stanley Cup not part of their dynasty? Post-Gretzky; eliminated first round in 1989. Two calendar years from the last one.

Is the Red Sox' 2018 World Series title not part of their dynasty? Post-Big Papi; Two fifth place finishes. Five calendar years from the last one.

Even last century, we came within Ben Dreith, Berry repeatedly starting Tony Eason and failing to hand the ball to Curtis Martin from winning the Super Bowl.

People can jump on the Belichick Hate Train all they want; I prefer him as our coach over anyone else, anywhere.

I dunno if anyone's been paying attention, but Bill Belichick has been ragged on at least since 1991. ["Pond scum"] Even Brady's dad now sounds like Bledsoe's (unbelievably). Even took Bill time to win over Taylor and the Giants.

Neither Bill (nor I) am bothered by criticism and dislike. We value life too much to pay attention.

The worst part of this one-sided censorship is that it forces the discussion into other threads and causes Team Bill to complain even more, looking to close those down also. If Brady were falling flat on his face in TB I'm sure they'd be all in with the Bill vs Tom debate.

I dunno if anyone's been paying attention, but Bill Belichick has been ragged on at least since 1991. ["Pond scum"] Even Brady's dad now sounds like Bledsoe's (unbelievably). Even took Bill time to win over Taylor and the Giants.

Neither Bill (nor I) am bothered by criticism and dislike. We value life too much to pay attention.
Hearing Tom Brady Sr being interviewed explains how Tom Brady Jr became the class act that he is. I don't ever recall hearing Bledsoe's dad speak, but looking at the finished product tells me that he did a great job also.

Linda's overly defensive comments about Brady after the Saints game tells me that someone in the Belichick household is bothered by criticism. I won't go so far as to say that she's expressing the feelings that her boyfriend has though.

Hearing Tom Brady Sr being interviewed explains how Tom Brady Jr became the class act that he is. I don't ever recall hearing Bledsoe's dad speak, but looking at the finished product tells me that he did a great job also.

Linda's overly defensive comments about Brady after the Saints game tells me that someone in the Belichick household is bothered by criticism. I won't go so far as to say that she's expressing the feelings that her boyfriend has though.
Bledsoe's parents freaked out when he wasn't put back in in '01. Pure hatred.

Brady's dad said something along the lines of Tom playing now while Bill's on Nantucket. I totally get how Tom was fed up with how things were run here, but this is the one coach who not only gave this kid a chance, but stuck by him. Belichick did not create DefameGate.

I didn’t say they are awful. I said “please can we have some light touch moderation here”. That’s a world away from you putting words in my mouth and saying I call them awful.
ok, I apologize then. I think some"light touch moderation" is a fair request.

Bledsoe's parents freaked out when he wasn't put back in in '01. Pure hatred.

Brady's dad said something along the lines of Tom playing now while Bill's on Nantucket. I totally get how Tom was fed up with how things were run here, but this is the one coach who not only gave this kid a chance, but stuck by him. Belichick did not create DefameGate.
I don't remember the exact quote from Drew but I think he had expectations because of something he was told by Bill.

I didn't see all of Tom Sr's interview but what I saw was respectful of Belichick. Curran even commented that Tom Sr wasn't biting when he pressed him for comments.

As for defamegate, Bill didn't help Tom when he told the mediots to ask him about the footballs, but I wouldn't classify that as being thrown under the bus

I think Bill and Tom appreciate each other and any rift is a media creation. They made millions off each other and created a legacy that'll be unmatched.

The worst part of this one-sided censorship is that it forces the discussion into other threads and causes Team Bill to complain even more, looking to close those down also. If Brady were falling flat on his face in TB I'm sure they'd be all in with the Bill vs Tom debate.

Exactly. Everyone was itching to see Brady flop, be vindicated that BB's "one year early than one year late" philosophy worked. That we didn't screw up. That we had the right approach.

And now that Brady has flourished and thrived and hence our decision and strategy has naturally been shown to be erroneous and flawed, everyone is falling over themselves to say this is irrelevant and doesn't matter etc etc. And complaining about posts.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back