PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dear Bill - Thanks for Giving Away the Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Butler , according to Butler, said the coaches lost faith in him.

Whose fault is that?

The person responsible for not playing in the Super Bowl is Butler, not Belichick. Had he not lost their trust and faith he plays. His teammates should be furious with him for screwing it up.

Lost faith in what? I am sured not his play. That would be asinine. Idk what happened but he's much better than what BB put out there.

and guess what? Butler is the best tackler of the bunch

after 100% of the snaps in both playoff games, going to zero snaps was not a scheme thing that made any sense at all provided the eagles version of a slot guy (Agholor) is abusing the safety tag team they had on them and they did not bother to even give it a chance.........WTF do people say about the pats and halftime adjustments? what a crock

To bad he blew their trust, given how much they had put in him I’m sure they were really disappointed that he blew it.

I'm not going to strongly disagree with you on that. Your post is reasonable. I think the situation evolved during the week and by the time hell broke loose it was too late.

I suspect BB was "OK" with Malcolm on Monday. Maybe he was still "OK" with him on Tuesday, Wed and maybe even Thurs but when Friday night/Saturday rolled around it reached a breaking point.

In terms of why he even dressed? I don't have an answer. I get the argument, "He played him on ST, why couldn't he play him for a few snaps on D when the **** was hitting the fan?" . My only response to that is they were OK with him on a particular ST package (when a player was hurt) but had zero confidence in his ability to do his job in the regular defense.
Well..thats one way to look at it. But I find it hard to believe they had zero confidence in him playing 1 defensive snap and thought jordan richards could do a better job.
I think people are taking criticism of BB 's decision as a criticism as a head coach and everything he has done. Believe me , i would be pissed if he leaves. He is the biggest reason we have been contenders eveyr yr and event his yr his choice of UDFA and FA signings are mostly home runs. But its not wrong to question what he did. I watched the show "two bills" last and something he said which cme to me. He said Parcells was the boss and whatever he said we did , our job was to accept the chain of command. I dont have a problem with it but if it effected the team dynamics then its not right. There is a balance between situational awareness and emotional awareness and the last thing the defense needed was to stand on the sidelines wondering why their DB who played 98% of the snaps all season wasnt good enough for 1 snap but dressed all game. It felt like a standing punishment for the guy at the cost of every other player's game.
Again I dont have a problem with them not playing him. Heck if he had flu and been very sick , or been caught with drugs and been inactive and we lost this game, I would probably chuck it to bad luck . But to dress him up and make him stand on the sideline all game even in the last drive where all they needed was 1 stop is bewildering. Scott Zolak who i actually dont like because he is a over the top homer for the pats, himself seemed to wonder why. And zolak is quite plugged into the team.
Sure there were other reasons for the loss. Bad ST play, bad RZ offense all contributed but mistakes are what sports are about. You cant control what happens.You can control what you can do about it in the next play and series and pats just didnt try a single snap just to change it up in the most important game of the season and that to the same player who they put in at the most important snap in the game 3 yrs ago.

Jesus, all this anger and we don't know any facts to base it on.

If Butler broke team rules he deserves the punishment that others who broke the rules before have gotten. The happens all the time when colleges are prepping for a bowl game and kids get caught breaking rules and are suspended for the bowl game. Boosters are livid, because they want to win. What do coaches do? Stand with their principles. That may be what BB is doing here.

It is what makes sense anyway, and so I don't have enough facts to get worked up about BB making a mistake. I don't think anyone does. I trust him to make football decisions and team discipline decisions. I want to see substantial evidence before I am convinced that my trust is misplaced.

right......punishment for Butler, his teammates, all the fans, Bob Kraft.......screw em all, I'm going to show this guy who's gone anyway who the damned boss is around here......it just seems to self-defeating and such a waste

Belichick doing a great job complicating his legacy.

Because butler was not going to play except if there was no one rlse to put in.

I get that you think he could have raped bbs girlfriend and still should have played but teams are about rules.

We wouldn’t be where we are if B.B. didn’t run the ship the way he does. Either you consider B.B. a failure or you take the good with the bad because to say after 18 years he should have ignore a principle the franchise was built on is ignorant.

They are there to win the super bowl. If Brady smoked weed the night before the game, you’d be ok with Bill benching Tom?

Well, Bill said it wasn't discipline. he answered a straight up "NO" on that question, Bill isn't a guy who lies, and if had been he would have side stepped the question.
Depending on what happened, it could have been considered a football decision "from a certain point of view" but still be something that is fundamentally disciplinary at its core.

To bad he blew their trust, given how much they had put in him I’m sure they were really disappointed that he blew it.

yup....the coaches watched each other drown while just looking at each other and shrugging

he did not put the pats in the best position to win as he claims

Jesus, all this anger and we don't know any facts to base it on.

If Butler broke team rules he deserves the punishment that others who broke the rules before have gotten. The happens all the time when colleges are prepping for a bowl game and kids get caught breaking rules and are suspended for the bowl game. Boosters are livid, because they want to win. What do coaches do? Stand with their principles. That may be what BB is doing here.

It is what makes sense anyway, and so I don't have enough facts to get worked up about BB making a mistake. I don't think anyone does. I trust him to make football decisions and team discipline decisions. I want to see substantial evidence before I am convinced that my trust is misplaced.

Sometimes you let things slide even in the biggest game. The guy's out of here after the season. If he was coming back next year than you suspend him next year. Again why dress him? Why embarrass him like that? A guy that won you a super bowl! Just awful.

Lost faith in what? I am sured not his play. That would be asinine. Idk what happened but he's much better than what BB put out there.

Let’s try this again, since people can’t understand it.

MALCOLM BUTLER SAID “THEY LOST FAITH IN ME”

When you lose the trust and faith someone has put in you it’s your fault, not theirs. For some reason many here want to excuse Butler and blame the coaches for his breach of trust. That’s completely f.cked up.

Awesome, another Malcolm Butler thread!

Butler , according to Butler, said the coaches lost faith in him.

Whose fault is that?

The person responsible for not playing in the Super Bowl is Butler, not Belichick. Had he not lost their trust and faith he plays. His teammates should be furious with him for screwing it up.

I split the fault. Butler had to do his job. The job of the coaching staff was to prepare the best players that they had available on the roster to play as well as they could to face the Eagles. The coaches have to possess the leadership skills necessary to draw out that best performance.

Somehow, there was a total breakdown there. Somehow, a major gap appeared between the coaching/leadership capabilities of the staff and the professionalism of Butler. Because that gap appeared during the Superbowl, when every single chip is on the table - blame deserves to be apportioned accordingly, even if it's 99% Butler's fault, the organization deserves the 1% blame for failing to utilize the limited talent available to it in a fashion suitable for achieving their ultimate team goal.

Seems fitting Butler’s career here ended same way it started in bizzare Super Bowl fashion.

They are there to win the super bowl. If Brady smoked weed the night before the game, you’d be ok with Bill benching Tom?

of course not......he probably wouldn't do it to any OL,WR,RB, or TE, either.......

hubris

please stop with the trolling posts and name calling. If you have a valid point, we'd like to hear it, otherwise please just stop.
So nanny up the thread great. Now it’s a waste of time.

yup....the coaches watched each other drown while just looking at each other and shrugging

he did not put the pats in the best position to win as he claims

Whatever Butler lost their trust and said so. That you want to excuse him for it is your problem.

Go shine your participation trophies.

The big question is : does the crime fit the punishment? Right now, we don't know what the crime is. In my opinion, i just think before we start blaming Bill, we need to hear what it is. He's won 5 Super Bowls, he must be doing something right.

I understand people are upset with not playing Butler, he is the better option than Richards and Batemosi. I don't think people are questioning this, but what if Butler hit a coach, or threw a punch at one....would everyone be ok with Butler playing than? Just not enough information yet.

Whatever ****head. Butler lost their trust and said so. That you want to excuse him for it is your problem.

Go shine your participation trophies.

oh, I'm sorry, did I insult you somewhere? nope

same as always........it's a matter of time until you pop like a toaster.......it's what happens when your POV is a fail

The big question is : does the crime fit the punishment? Right now, we don't know what the crime is. In my opinion, i just think before we start blaming Bill, we need to hear what it is. He's won 5 Super Bowls, he must be doing something right.

I understand people are upset with not playing Butler, he is the better option than Richards and Batemosi. I don't think people are questioning this, but what if Butler hit a coach, or threw a punch at one....would everyone be ok with Butler playing than? Just not enough information yet.
Do you seriously think that if Malcolm Butler assaulted a coach he’d be dressed and active in the Super Bowl?

My god, we are falling further down the rabbit hole now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST