PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dear Bill - Thanks for Giving Away the Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big question is : does the crime fit the punishment? Right now, we don't know what the crime is. In my opinion, i just think before we start blaming Bill, we need to hear what it is. He's won 5 Super Bowls, he must be doing something right.

I understand people are upset with not playing Butler, he is the better option than Richards and Batemosi. I don't think people are questioning this, but what if Butler hit a coach, or threw a punch at one....would everyone be ok with Butler playing than? Just not enough information yet.

I don’t think it was crime-punishment. Butler said they lost faith in him, and I believe that was the case. His words, and that explains the decision and puts the blame squarely where it belongs, onnButler.

The big question is : does the crime fit the punishment? Right now, we don't know what the crime is. In my opinion, i just think before we start blaming Bill, we need to hear what it is. He's won 5 Super Bowls, he must be doing something right.

I understand people are upset with not playing Butler, he is the better option than Richards and Batemosi. I don't think people are questioning this, but what if Butler hit a coach, or threw a punch at one....would everyone be ok with Butler playing than? Just not enough information yet.

depends on who you are aiming to punish......everybody went home ringless

there was a player on the bench that COULD have made a big difference given tha way the game was playing out......never got a chance.......really just needed one stop, not a game changer

but the blind will remain blind.......d%#*!@t, WE WILL GLADLY LOSE BIG TO MAKE A SMALL POINT

Let’s try this again, since people can’t understand it.

MALCOLM BUTLER SAID “THEY LOST FAITH IN ME”

When you lose the trust and faith someone has put in you it’s your fault, not theirs. For some reason many here want to excuse Butler and blame the coaches for his breach of trust. That’s completely f.cked up.

I’m not blaming the coaches. I am approaching it from a few different points of view. “They lost faith in me” could mean his football skills too, you know. BB has said it’s not disciplinary. Everyone else keeps insisting it is. So accuse us of blaming the coaches for questioning their football decision but your argument actually calls the coaches liars.

I don’t think it was crime-punishment. Butler said they lost faith in him, and I believe that was the case. His words, and that explains the decision and puts the blame squarely where it belongs, onnButler.

You may be right Ivan, I'm not sure though...I wish we had more information though.

you are the most gullible person on this board

Whats big picture? Letting a player play even though the coach deemed him not ready to do his job on the field? Screw big picture. You need to be in the moment to make that determination.

If Butler really was not part of a defensive game plan, under no circumstances, he should not have been on the sideline. That one ST snap could have been played by somebody else. If you truly believe a guy is not ready for his job, you wont send him in with the game on the line even if another player goes down. You won`t suit him up and let his permanent presence on the bench make a negative impact on the rest of the team. Nobody knows what exactly happened in the days leading up to the game but there was no reason to humiliate Butler by sending him to the warmups, then subbing him just minutes before the kickoff.

@QuantumMechanic Stop trolling my posts like a child.

If you disagree about something, quote me on it and discuss.

Depending on what happened, it could have been considered a football decision "from a certain point of view" but still be something that is fundamentally disciplinary at its core.

and the pig headedness to see it all the way through

Unless MB slept with Linda Holliday, otherwise, Get Him In Fk'n Game! We're strugglin' to get a 3rd Down stop! Way SB was goin', 1 or 2 stops could have possibly stopped them from scores and been difference in a Pat's SB Win. Way Brady was moving Offense putting up over 6oo yds on Eagles No. 1 Def, he could have put us up by 2 or 3 more scores but would've, could've & should've are for not because we never got a chance to at least see.
And if there was a legitimate gripe with BB towards Butler, address it later. Do all you can to get that win. Seeing how Butler fiasco started this season and now this, I guess it's safe to say Butler is goner anyway.

why dress him? Why embarrass him like that?

Maybe you dress him because you do intend to play him as a backup. But then you change your mind when you see that he is bawling his eyes out during the anthem and is totally unfocused just because he was told he wasn't starting. If you don't think the guy is in a mental state to do his job, just because his role was to be reduced, then you go with someone else who is focused. I'm not saying that it didn't hurt us, but I am saying that this is a situation that coaches encounter a lot and, sorry, players are held accountable for their actions and attitudes.

Let’s try this again, since people can’t understand it.

MALCOLM BUTLER SAID “THEY LOST FAITH IN ME”

When you lose the trust and faith someone has put in you it’s your fault, not theirs. For some reason many here want to excuse Butler and blame the coaches for his breach of trust. That’s completely f.cked up.

Who give some a hoot. I don't want to hear about this discipline crap. Why dress him? Why embarrass him like that? He was gone after the season. Biggest game of the year and BB decides to play disciplinarian knowing the guy's out the door.

@QuantumMechanic Stop trolling my posts like a child.

If you disagree about something, quote me on it and discuss.
He's unreal. I feel like I looked at my email today and just got like 20 notes of him clicking disagree to my posts. Like either debate it or don't. It's so babyish

so they dressed him because 'someone might get hurt'

I think they buried him regardless of who got hurt.......once the call was made, there was no way they were going to let him out there to make them look wrong

We most certainly win if we have Butler, especially in the second half. Butler makes the third down tackle that Bademosi whiffs on. That’s the one stop Brady needed to win the game.

As long as we're doing alternative histories, on one of the 3rd down plays leading to a Philly field goal, Butler once again goes for the INT without backup (like he had many times this season) and his man catches the ball and gets a long gainer, scoring or setting up a TD instead of the FG that Philly got without him.

He's unreal. I feel like I looked at my email today and just got like 20 notes of him clicking disagree to my posts. Like either debate it or don't. It's so babyish
Seriously. I’m on the verge of reporting it. It’s a clear abuse of the purpose of the buttons below.

If you disagree with something I said, reply to it. This is a forum built just for that.

Maybe you dress him because you do intend to play him as a backup. But then you change your mind when you see that he is bawling his eyes out during the anthem and is totally unfocused just because he was told he wasn't starting. If you don't think the guy is in a mental state to do his job, just because his role was to be reduced, then you go with someone else who is focused. I'm not saying that it didn't hurt us, but I am saying that this is a situation that coaches encounter a lot and, sorry, players are held accountable for their actions and attitudes.

you're working really hard to exclude anything but the coaches potential POV......not logical.....what was more logical was that what they would never allow to happen was for him to be an SB hero again .... which is what could have happened if he got in there and shut down Agholor

You may be right Ivan, I'm not sure though...I wish we had more information though.

I’m going by what Butler said Sunday night.

I don’t see how anyone can blame the person giving faith and trust for losing it, that’s on them. It seems like fans here are so angry about the loss that they are placing the blame for Butler losing trust on the coaches, when he’s the one who blew it.

Transfer this to any other situation and pretty much everyone would agree that trust and faith are earned, and blowing that is in the person who blew it. In this case no one cares because they are angry about the loss, so they are projecting the blame onto those who lost the trust instead of the person who blew it.

It was as low as you can go for a guy that won you a super bowl. Listen butler's not an angel and he screwed up whateva he did but it's the damn super bowl! He could have also sat him the first half and brung him in the second half of the game.

I think even in pure football terms, even you have to agree that faith in butler if it was 1 on a scale of 100, they couldnt have 10 on a scale of 100 for jordan richards. In the biggest game of the season. They should've just made him inactive and play alan branch. Who knows we might have gotten some pressure on foles. Deciding this right before kickoff that suddenly I dont have faith in you or let me inform you before kickoff that I dont have faith in you seems weird. Just my opinion. Unless something happened between when inactives were announced and the game started .And if it was that egregious , BB shouldnt have let him on the sideline.

Seriously. I’m on the verge of reporting it. It’s a clear abuse of the purpose of the buttons below.

If you disagree with something I said, reply to it. This is a forum built just for that.

Lmao

I haven’t been doing it and I am getting dozens and dozens with no reply.

Maybe you should go have a good cry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST