PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeAndrew White mystery solved: WR re-signs w Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
He was the only PS member not signed to futures contract . and then reappeared and disappeared from Pats roster lists several times.

Finally he's back ..

..but to an even tougher roster situation for him to break. I guess he was looking around for a bit. BB praised him a couple of times and gave him a raise.

It will be a tough PS competition with Street, Lucien, Carr and Hollister.

Last edited:
Good for him, though. Competition, regardless of the outcome, can only make you, and those around you, better.

Insane amounts of depth at WR on this roster. with a young talent like Malcolm Mitchell on the roster as an example - he might start training camp as the 5th or 6th WR but emerge at some point in the season as the #3 or 4th.

Last edited:
I think Mitchell is the forgotten man in the wideout squad right now. He was effective every time he was called on last year, was used both inside and outside with short routes, YAC plays and deep throws, and he made some very strong plays in the Superbowl. IMHO he was sort of overshadowed by the emergence of Hogan and the continuing excellence of Edelman and Dola, but he was a very good option to have on the depth chart. The Cooks acquisition doesn't mean good things for Mitchell's playing time but I actually expect injury to solve that problem like it so often does.

I really like the second string receiver team right now, Hogan-Dola-Mitchell would be a decent first team for a lot of squads and a lot better than some of the receiver corps Brady's thrown to over the years. And those are the guys playing behind Edelman Cooks and Gronk. Throw in some really good receiving backs like Burkhead and White and Brady has quite the embarrassment of riches in terms of weapons. If the secondary has one guy's number there's not going to be a problem with trotting out another guy with a different playing style to reset the defense and keep them honest.

Too much depth at WR (or any other position) is a pretty good problem to have. If Mitchell is the best guy for a given game or situation, he'll play. I doubt BB will be so bedazzlled with his new wideout toys that he'll forget to "do what's best for the team."

Bill also seems to like something about Devin Street, whom he recently claimed off waivers from the Indy Clots. Bill also signed him to the PS last year after Dallas waived him during final cuts. Street didn't last too long before Indy signed him to their active roster 3 weeks later, but maybe Bill liked what he saw during that time.

Bill also seems to like something about Devin Street, whom he recently claimed off waivers from the Indy Clots. Bill also signed him to the PS last year after Dallas waived him during final cuts. Street didn't last too long before Indy signed him to their active roster 3 weeks later, but maybe Bill liked what he saw during that time.

Id even say Street and DeA White are the frontrunners in this best of the rest WR battle. Both strong candidates to be snatched by other teams again..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News