PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DE Chris Long signs one-year contract with Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Sheard is criminally under appreciated...

Agreed, though. Sign Washington and maybe someone like Starks and we are good!

I know i am biased because i am a Pats fan..but what other FA signing last year was better than Sheard to Pats...and take into consideration $$

Awesome move. Seemed like a no brainer, with Jones now gone.

Long, Cooper and a 2nd for Jones. Awesome.

Can't see why anyone would still complain now. The trade just got even better

I still think if that trade doesn't happen..we still get Long..but by them drafting Flowers and Geno last year and talks of Looking at Long..you could see it coming

Just think how it must feel to go from having to play for a sucky team your entire career and the first time you hit the market one of the best teams in the league sign you.

If anything could remotivate someone, that's it.

Trio of Sheard/Nink/Long isnt alot worse than Jones/Sheard/Nink. If Long does have a good year and leaves Pats likely get a compensation pick so would only make it better.

How about Sheard/Nink/Grissom/Flowers/Long? (Rufus)

Because Sheard is criminally under appreciated!

This is so very true. Sheard may not have had as many sacks as jones, but sheard was much more disruptive throughout the course of the season and in my mind was the better player in the second half of the season.

Long is there for depth as flowers, Johnson and Grissom will get their chance, but if either fails, long can fill in, till he breaks down.

Both teams in hindsight did very well with this trade and instantly filled the holes left by it immediately.

AZ is one of the smartest teams in the NFL. I think we get Pats vs Cards in the final game.

Yeah I'm not convinced he makes the team either

Anything can happen, and certainly sometimes players don't pan out like you hoped. But the Pats worked him out yesterday, traded Jones today, then signed Long this evening. I don't think that's a coincidence. The Pats expect him to help replace Jones, let alone make the team.

This is so very true. Sheard may not have had as many sacks as jones, but sheard was much more disruptive throughout the course of the season and in my mind was the better player in the second half of the season.

Long is there for depth as flowers, Johnson and Grissom will get their chance, but if either fails, long can fill in, till he breaks down.
I just love the way Sheard plays. He's got a certain hustle to him on every snap, you know he's going all out all the time.

Long will hopefully be a great third end, though I'm very interested to see how things end up shaking out with Flowers and Johnson... Both guys looked damn good last preseason. It would be fantastic to have even one of them hit on their potential and give the team a 4 man wrecking crew.

Anything can happen, and certainly sometimes players don't pan out like you hoped. But the Pats worked him out yesterday, traded Jones today, then signed Long this evening. I don't think that's a coincidence. The Pats expect him to help replace Jones, let alone make the team.

Long not making the final 53 would most likely mean that the second year players at DE (Flowers, Johnson, Grissom) all have made substantial improvements, along with no pre-season injuries to the position.

Not too shabby of a scenario, for sure.

We could plug our last two depth holes on defense with ex-Rams (Laurinitis, Fairley). Wonder if Long could help get them here.

I'm with that but signing a starting probowl level LB seems like overkill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes