PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Day 8 Patriots Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I would rather carry 4 WR's than use a roster spot on Berrios. Whether Meredith is worth a roster spot or a PUP spot remains to be seen.

Lol! More than Meredith. Duh!o_O

Edelman, Harry, Dorsett, Harris or Myers.

Why is it so hard to see a healthy Thomas making the team as our 5th WR? If, and that is a big if, Thomas is in game condition, then I think he would easily beat out Myers for a roster spot. Myers is our annual WR binkie who flashes in camp, and likely in the pre-season.

He is on PUP but man, it's going to be tough for Demaryius Thomas. Is he even going to be better for Jakobi Meyers or Maurice Harris? The guy is recovering from an Achilles injury at age 31.

Tuna torpedoes the 96 team right before the game. Just can’t see it, although I was a kid when he took over and the franchise did start to be special for once.

He did.

But he also drafted the foundation of the team that got us our first 3 SBs.

Radio guys were pimping him for the NEPHOF today, and my first thought was "Do we put Berry in, too, then?".
Other then Belichick, Chuck Fairbanks should be in. Yes he bailed also but circumstances were similar but different. He took the laughing stock and made it a franchise. Meyer and Berry benefited from his work.

Why is it so hard to see a healthy Thomas making the team as our 5th WR? If, and that is a big if, Thomas is in game condition, then I think he would easily beat out Myers for a roster spot. Myers is our annual WR binkie who flashes in camp, and likely in the pre-season.
Go with that 5, Harry can play as a move TE

If Thomas is healthy only Edelman is better.

Other then Belichick, Chuck Fairbanks should be in. Yes he bailed also but circumstances were similar but different. He took the laughing stock and made it a franchise. Meyer and Berry benefited from his work.
A coach should have to at least win a playoff game before they get hof consideration.

He did.

But he also drafted the foundation of the team that got us our first 3 SBs.
No he didn’t. Yes some guys who were drafted when Parcells were here were part of the team that won, but not that many and any failed coach leaves behind good players they brought in too. Is Jeff fisher responsible for the rams going to last years SB?

A coach should have to at least win a playoff game before they get hof consideration.
Tuna, Berry and Holovak should go in before Fairbanks.

Tuna, Berry and Holovak should go in before Fairbanks.
Agree but I dint think they should go in either.
It’s the hall of fame not hall of decent.

Berry was ok. Pretty average. How many players were average players that would never get in.
Being among the better of a bad group isn’t hof worthy to me.
Parcells was .500 here. If he didn’t have his prior success people would be laughing at him being in the hof. The only difference between him and Pete Carroll as pats hc was that tuna made a run before giving up on the team in the Sb. His other 3 years overall sucked.

I don't miss it at all. It was a media driven personality cult. Granted it did change the image of the team from one of being a laughing stock to a team with moderate but inconsistent success.

That has ALWAYS been Parcells' MO. He was a builder of teams, but he couldn't do the REALLY hard job of SUSTAINING that success. Besides, history has shown us that over the long haul, he wasn't all that good at 'shopping for the groceries'. (see Dallas and Miami)

BTW- take a look at his success when he didn't have BB

To each his own I say....

For me, when we got Tuna and drafted Bledsoe, it was when I decided to come fully on board. The late 80's and early 90's were so miserable that I even got excited about **** MacPherson's 6-10 season...and had high hopes for Hugh Millen. Parcells was a great coach...maybe he wasn't the best grocery shopper, but he wasn't wrong....he should have been shopping for groceries if he was going to cook. It also wasn't Kraft's fault...he came in after Parcells was here.

And yes it was a media driven personality cult...which made it all the more fun when BB came in zipped up that ****.

For me it is kind of like, "The Empire Strikes Back" which, IMO, is the greatest action-adventure-sci-fi movie of all time....you couldn't have ESB without "A New Hope" first....

No. I would rather carry 4 WR's than use a roster spot on Berrios. Whether Meredith is worth a roster spot or a PUP spot remains to be seen.
I'm talking about depth chart going into pre season. You're talking about the 53 man roster. Not the same thing. No reason to quote me.

I get angry just thinking about him. The fact that some Pats fans want to put him into the Pats HOF completely baffles me.

No Parcells...maybe we draft Rick Mirer...maybe no Belichick...maybe the team moves to St. Louis without much fanfare because the team would have likely sucked in 1993-1994...and Kraft wouldn't have been inclined to save the team...

It is what it is. Parcells was a great coach...I don't care what his record is without BB...he has brought a team to a Superbowl 3 times...and the Jets to one AFC title game...

It may pale into comparison with BB, but compare Parcells with other coaches.....

If I am pissed about anything...it was that Parcells kept kicking off to Desmond Howard....then again...had we won that SB...no Belichick/Brady era perhaps...

Agree but I dint think they should go in either.
It’s the hall of fame not hall of decent.

Berry was ok. Pretty average. How many players were average players that would never get in.
Being among the better of a bad group isn’t hof worthy to me.
Parcells was .500 here. If he didn’t have his prior success people would be laughing at him being in the hof. The only difference between him and Pete Carroll as pats hc was that tuna made a run before giving up on the team in the Sb. His other 3 years overall sucked.

Tuna energized this pathetic excuse for a franchise.

Going 10-6 when 2 years prior were 2-14 and making the playoffs after missing it 9 straight years was a miracle with a flawed bunch.

Your comparison of Tuna to PomPom is off base.

Is he Pats HoF worthy. I agree - borderline.

I'm talking about depth chart going into pre season. You're talking about the 53 man roster. Not the same thing. No reason to quote me.

Yeah that's a good point...I think sometimes were not always using the same premise. Disagreements about the roster sometimes happen because someone might be thinking it's about training camp when the other is thinking pre-season, regular season or what happens when so-and-so comes back from suspension or PUP.

Fairbanks won the game against the Raiders before Ben Dreith intervened with the most bogus of all bogus calls. Without that, the 76 Patriots would have also beaten the banged up Steelers and overmatched Vikings and won the Super Bowl.

Yes, I’m still bitter about the most heartbreaking loss this lifelong New England sports fan had experienced until SB 42. Plus, we shouldn’t blame Fairbanks that the Sullivans were a clan of cheap fools. I don’t blame him for leaving anymore than Leon Gray or Mike Haynes.

Tuna energized this pathetic excuse for a franchise.

Going 10-6 when 2 years prior were 2-14 and making the playoffs after missing it 9 straight years was a miracle with a flawed bunch.

Your comparison of Tuna to PomPom is off base.

Is he Pats HoF worthy. I agree - borderline.

The only thing that really pi$$ed me off about Parcells was him stealing Curtis Martin.

He brought Belichick with him and drafted a bunch of key players. I don’t care about his fued with Kraft - in fact I agreed with him that Kraft should have stayed out of football affairs. And I’m over the SB31 loss because the Packers in retrospect were an all-time great team. I was happy for Reggie White.

Fairbanks won the game against the Raiders before Ben Dreith intervened with the most bogus of all bogus calls. Without that, the 76 Patriots would have also beaten the banged up Steelers and overmatched Vikings and won the Super Bowl.

Yes, I’m still bitter about the most heartbreaking loss this lifelong New England sports fan had experienced until SB 42. Plus, we shouldn’t blame Fairbanks that the Sullivans were a clan of cheap fools. I don’t blame him for leaving anymore than Leon Gray or Mike Haynes.
You don’t belong in the hall of fame because someone thinks you lost because of a bad call. Projecting and giving him credit for winning playoff games he didn’t earn his way to when he never win one, ever, is laughable.

It’s not a natter of blame, it’s a matter of what did you accomplish. It’s insulting to those who accomplish things to give someone credit for something they never accomplished because you think they coulda, woulda, shoulda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes