PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Day 8 Patriots Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you see the QB snaps breakdown in the Lions preseason game? Does it depend on how well Brady practices next week? Will there be a lot of Michigan alums cheering Brady at joint practices?

Meyers converted from QB to WR and started playing WR in his 2nd year, started to really pick it up in year 3 and 4 with 700+/1000+ yds. Imagine his stat line if he started out as a wideout, probably would've been drafted at a good spot even with his 4.63 40 time.
Looks like he could be a nice find...

Thought I read somewhere during the hurry up session, TB12 was hitting Meyers BEFORE/AS HE WAS COMING OUT OF HIS BREAK

Thats huge. Huge I say.
Every time I read something like this, I keep thinking about the 3rd and 10 play to Hogan from the Patriots 9 yard line on the game tying 4th quarter drive in Super Bowl 51. That was just a ridiculous throw and trust in the receiver.

Yeah, it's rare for a rookie at any position to come in and shine their first week of training camp as a pro. The only Patriot I recall seeing immediately stand out like that was Curtis Martin.

Mike Haynes was a standout right away; can't say specifically about the 1st week of training camp

Not usually alarmist, nor overly excited about camp standouts. Having said that, I will admit to being more and more intrigued about Meyers.

I was thinking about the Pats training schedule. They have had 9 practices since TC opened last Thursday. They have had 5 padded practices and four of the shorts and t-shirts variety. They get tomorrow off, have a travel day on Sunday before they begin a week that will have 2 padded practices, a pregame walk thru and an exhibition game.

As a guy who went through a few NFL TC's where 2 a days were the norm and an off day was defined as when the 2nd practice wasn't in pads; I can't understand why players of today hate TC. WHAT a breeze NFL TC's have become. Christ, these guys think any thing more than 2 hr practice is abuse. I can remember when a 2hr practice was considered a half day.

Granted we didn't have the extensive classroom work they they do today, but the physical toll back in the early 70's was at LEAST twice as hard.

c298e441790ba6f37893a0b48b3bbf00.png
Mark Daniels needs to get off that auto correct. Spelling errors makes him look bad.

He was ridiculous.

Just the other day Ted Johnson was talking about his 1st TC w/ NE. Said C-Mart had moves on moves. On multiple occasions he had TJ tackling air. Tuna was all over him. "Johnson. Those coaches of yours at Colorado told me you knew how to tackle. Were they lying just so you could have a job?". Classic Parcells....

I do miss the Parcells era. Fun times even if it ended ugly...

Every time I read something like this, I keep thinking about the 3rd and 10 play to Hogan from the Patriots 9 yard line on the game tying 4th quarter drive in Super Bowl 51. That was just a ridiculous throw and trust in the receiver.
Yeah it was pretty crazy since Brady threw it from the left hash. Keanu Neal said he thought the out cut was coming but hesitated. That's the difference between being a winner and loser right there!

Kind of agreeing with Mike's depth chart...Berrios and Inman on the outside looking in...unless Bill thinks Berrios is going to PR...still a numbers problem...

Kind of agreeing with Mike's depth chart...Berrios and Inman on the outside looking in...unless Bill thinks Berrios is going to PR...still a numbers problem...

Cameron Meredith hasn't done jack but hey let's pencil him at #6. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots