PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Day 7 Patriots Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appreciate the figures , I should look more....it's just his injury history
Burkhead is absolutely fragile. I think we need to think of him as RB3 behind Sony and Harris and PB2 behind White as the passing back. Hopefully that keeps him fresh and reduces the wear and tear. Hes a good player and a good backup.

Thanks for the report......it is good to get info such as this as I just don't have the history or knowledge to back up some of my posts so apologies in advance if I open my mouth without doing the home work , I do try to be constructive !

Hitting the sled: E. Roberts, C. Sam, D. Hightower, Terez Hall

c08cc73cfae3ac485551a1a97ad803fc.png

Last edited:
Apologies in advance if I open my mouth without doing the home work

What? That is standard procedure for lots of Patsfans posters. They offer no apologies. You are mild - get wild.

"This defense sucks - we will never make the playoffs" OR "We finally saw Brady hit the cliff today" OR "BB will never be able to draft a WR because he hates Brady and wants to prove he is more important to winning than Tom".

Come on Scotty let some real zingers rip - we know you can do it.

I'm very annoyed.

One of two things are happening.

1) Josh still needs to meet some of the expectations the league has stipulated.
2) Josh has meet those expectations and Goody has his thumb up his ass and has not gotten around to reinstating him.
(3) Gordon is signed with the Patriots and thus must get "special treatment"

I hate to say it but with the secondary being so dominant trading Harmon and or Jones would make sense.
Can't keep them and pay them all.
I think we have a lot more CB's to trade then S's. Chung is still redshirted and Dev is over 30. We can't really afford to trade Harmon unless BB needs to rid his salary (which is doubtful). We definitely have a plethora of CB's to deal if they all continue to play this well. J. Jones and Duke Dawson are candidates, even though Jones has been lights on.

I will try :)

Just saw a post about Willie mcginest involved in coaching winovich, so we all panicked about looking coaches and what does the organisation do ??...it wheels out a bunch of hall of farmers to help out......that's class and a sign we are in good hands

I think we have a lot more CB's to trade then S's. Chung is still redshirted and Dev is over 30. We can't really afford to trade Harmon unless BB needs to rid his salary (which is doubtful). We definitely have a plethora of CB's to deal if they all continue to play this well. J. Jones and Duke Dawson are candidates, even though Jones has been lights on.
Jones and Jason Mccourty would make the most sense to trade but I don't see BB killing the family reunion.
Crossen is a guy who is Jonathan Jones in training.
He could sneak on the roster.
This is the year I want to see guys who can play meaningful snaps on offense and defense push out Slater and Ebner.
Has Bolden done anything great in practice? Only thing I read is him getting stuffed on goal line carries.

Any way we can play receivers in Tightend positions?
Because if the talent isnt there I don't want them taking up valuable roster spots.
Really wish the roster was a 60 man roster.

I was more excited about the Inman signing than the Harris signing, sure looks like I was wrong again.

I was excited about Inman, because besides his size (both Inman & Harris are 6'3"), Inman is a really good route runner and has excellent hands, just seemed like a more natural receiver than Harris. But once camp started, he hasn't done squat, while Harris has shined. Still early, let's see what the do in the practices against other teams and the exhibition games.
It’s a fact of life that free agents the patriots sign with low or no name value do significantly better than those with name value much more often than not.

Jones and Jason Mccourty would make the most sense to trade but I don't see BB killing the family reunion.
Crossen is a guy who is Jonathan Jones in training.
He could sneak on the roster.
This is the year I want to see guys who can play meaningful snaps on offense and defense push out Slater and Ebner.
Has Bolden done anything great in practice? Only thing I read is him getting stuffed on goal line carries.

Any way we can play receivers in Tightend positions?
Because if the talent isnt there I don't want them taking up valuable roster spots.
Really wish the roster was a 60 man roster.
What to hell, right? We’ve only been to 4 of the last 5 SBs and at least to the conf championship 8 straight years, so sure this is the year to change the way we do things. Ugh.

Wow, I'll have to google up Meyers more....

And yes..the defense looks great...this might be the best secondary in the BB/Brady era....and we are loaded at linebacker...

I think we have to unload some contracts at positions of overflow (secondary/LB/RB), give Brady an extension with all the savings, and get some other players that can help elsewhere....

Would love to know if when Gordon will be reinstated.
He is missing very valuable time.

Best case scenario is a reinstatement prior to their first playoff game. I would rather have him available down the stretch with a short s timeframe as possible for him to get suspended again.

I think there’s a distinct possibility that Gordon had a setback sometime between the spring and now and that’s why he’s not been reinstated.
Friendly...i hope you are wrong..

I will try :)

Just saw a post about Willie mcginest involved in coaching winovich, so we all panicked about looking coaches and what does the organisation do ??...it wheels out a bunch of hall of farmers to help out......that's class and a sign we are in good hands
To respond I'd suggest hitting the "reply"link in the bottom right corner of the post. That way it's easier for other posters to respond to you and offer dialogue.

It’s a fact of life that free agents the patriots sign with low or no name value do significantly better than those with name value much more often than not.

Or maybe it's just a fact of life that we notice and remember when the no-names flourish and the big-names wash out, and not the reverse? And that they sign maybe 10x as many no-names as big-names?

A ton of modest signings go nowhere every year and quickly vanish from memory. Meanwhile the 2 biggest names they ever signed were Moss and Revis, whom I recall as more than adequate. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back