PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Day 6 Patriots Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trollin'

1f7219f022fc01f203b0784e3604f46a.png
Be nice if Volin could "credibly mimic" a sports reporter.

Be nice if Volin could "credibly mimic" a sports reporter.
Volin says Skipper could credibly mimic a left tackle. Giardi says he assumes Skipper must have had better days. Who to believe...... :rolleyes:

Volin says Skipper could credibly mimic a left tackle. Giardi says he assumes Skipper must have had better days. Who to believe...... :rolleyes:

Yeah I saw that. I'll go with Giardi.

Patriots Training Camp Observations: Another Undrafted Cornerback Stands Out

— Standout reps in pass-rush 1-on-1s: edge defenders Trent Harris and Shilique Calhoun, defensive end Michael Bennett, defensive tackle Nick Thurman and guards Shaq Mason and Joe Thuney. Bennett impressively flung Mason to the ground on one rep.
— Receivers working with Hoyer and quarterback Tom Brady during punt drills: Meyers, Harry, running backs Sony Michel and James White and tight end Ben Watson.
— Defensive end Keionta Davis batted a pass in 11-on-11s. Jackson broke up a pass intended for Harry in 7-on-7s. Jason McCourty, Duke Dawson, Terrence Brooks and Williams broke up passes in 11s. Jonathan Jones had two pass breakups in 11s. Safety Duron Harmon intercepted a pass.
— White took a lap after being stripped by Jamie Collins.
— Brady went 5-of-11 in 11-on-11s and 5-of-15 overall. Hoyer went 4-of-9 with an interception during 11-on-11s and 7-of-12 overall. Stidham went 3-of-5 in 11-on-11s and 4-of-7 overall.

Last edited:
I know I'll get killed on here for saying it but that video of N'Keal he looks slooooowwww.
Eh, don't think the guy's been billed as a burner, right? His comps seem to be more physical guys who make the tough catches.

Having said that, he can knock it off with the drops.

Not too worried about drops from Harry or him not looking too quick. He has a lot to learn and is doing a lot of thinking out there. Lets wait until preseason games start. Also, it is really really hot and humid today. Miserable football day.

Gonna be tough for Belichick to decide which DBs to keep, we have quite a few good ones.

Gonna be tough for Belichick to decide which DBs to keep, we have quite a few good ones.
I could see Johnathan Jones being traded (because of his relatively high salary) if he ends up low on the depth chart.

Not too worried about drops from Harry or him not looking too quick. He has a lot to learn and is doing a lot of thinking out there. Lets wait until preseason games start. Also, it is really really hot and humid today. Miserable football day.

All good points. Plus for me, with rookies, I'm more interested in how they respond to a bad day, rather than whether they never have them. This won't be the last bad practice/game for Harry, but if he answers by putting in some extra work and improves tomorrow, that's a better sign to me than a guy who just starts hot out of the gate.

Harry is about to have a "Scanners" moment. Lining up wrong, drops, thinking about footwork, route depth, etc. Poor bastard.

Life of an NFL rookie trying to meet the expectations of BB and TB12.

Good luck with that.

Must have.
I mean how else could someone come up with a nickname like that.
It was pure genius. No one else could have thought of it.

Volin is too stupid to make that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye