PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Day 6 Patriots Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Bill doesn't return us to the 3-4 days...I prefer the 2-DT look with the number of LBs determined by our coverage (base 2-5-4, nickel 2-4-5, dime 2-3-6).
They've clearly had success with it 4-2-5 or whatever. Maybe they want to go with Guy/Pennell/Bennett-High/Collins/Bentley/KVN more up front as they are their best players...who knows.

After day 6 practice...is that real ?

I would think, based on operand/order of operations it would turn into
8 / 2(2+2)
8 / 2 * (2+2)
8 / 2 * 4
4 * 4

But, 1 is another possibility - so somewhat a trick question :)

giphy.gif

Sammy, you need this training camp, unless you are going for Oline?
b204d5f93969173c81e7871e1052177c.gif

Well that is not me. :rolleyes:

This was me a few years ago:

Last edited:
I hope Bill doesn't return us to the 3-4 days...I prefer the 2-DT look with the number of LBs determined by our coverage (base 2-5-4, nickel 2-4-5, dime 2-3-6).
I’d rather see them in the Amoeba Defense as the base look...

I’d rather see them in the Amoeba Defense as the base look...

The Amoeba is used for 3rd and long. No? Could it hold up vs the run?

The Amoeba is used for 3rd and long. No? Could it hold up vs the run?
I didn’t think it was situation specific. Goal is to totally confuse the blockers so don’t see why running game would be immune from that.

I didn’t think it was situation specific. Goal is to totally confuse the blockers so don’t see why running game would be immune from that.

You are right - the goal of the "Amoeba" is to confuse the blockers AND the QB since they have no idea who is rushing. It would be vulnerable to the run because literally no one is in a stance so offensive linemen would have leverage to move the defensive linemen and linebackers. Run blockers shoot out at their opponents while pass blockers retreat.

You are right - the goal of the "Amoeba" is to confuse the blockers AND the QB since they have no idea who is rushing. It would be vulnerable to the run because literally no one is in a stance so offensive linemen would have leverage to move the defensive linemen and linebackers. Run blockers shoot out at their opponents while pass blockers retreat.
But run blockers have assignments and a lot is based on positioning, so they too would be vulnerable to confusion and shooting out where nobody is there.

This discussion raises an interesting question about how should an offense best attack the Amoeba?

But run blockers have assignments and a lot is based on positioning, so they too would be vulnerable to confusion and shooting out where nobody is there.

This discussion raises an interesting question about how should an offense best attack the Amoeba?
Run the ball. Just like bowling. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes