PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP Day 11 Training Camp Thread - Monday August 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jackson may make it over Williams.
This would be good for ourCB depth if he turns out good for a BU role. Mills according to sources struggled on outside coverage which was reported yesterday or before i think

This would be good for ourCB depth if he turns out good for a BU role. Mills according to sources struggled on outside coverage which was reported yesterday or before i think
He has been struggling...agree

A better interior Pass Rush would be huge with the HT/KvN/Judon/Uche etc. combination on third down.
Our Backup IOL looks like having hard times against our top IDL.

why there are so few players from the '00s:
a couple of other reasons are specific to the players involved

Rodney Harrison was HoF performer on the field. But his peers viewed him as over-the-top instense and even "dirty". This kept him being snubbed from pro bowls and all-pro teams over and over and over again. HoF voters count up pro bowls and all-pros.

Slot receivers have never gotten their due and were always overlooked until the Belichick version of Perkins-Erhardt elevated it with guys like Troy Bown, Wes Welker, and Julian Edelman.

Big Vince is a HoF-er in production, but as a space eater in a two gap system he never had the sack s and pressures of other interior linemen, He ought to get in, though.

Ricard Seymour ought to make it, too, but he gets overlooked maybe becuase of his too-soon departure form NE.

Rodney Harrison was HoF performer on the field. But his peers viewed him as over-the-top instense and even "dirty". This kept him being snubbed from pro bowls and all-pro teams over and over and over again. HoF voters count up pro bowls and all-pros.

Slot receivers have never gotten their due and were always overlooked until the Belichick version of Perkins-Erhardt elevated it with guys like Troy Bown, Wes Welker, and Julian Edelman.

Big Vince is a HoF-er in production, but as a space eater in a two gap system he never had the sack s and pressures of other interior linemen, He ought to get in, though.

Ricard Seymour ought to make it, too, but he gets overlooked maybe becuase of his too-soon departure form NE.

I'd add Bruschi to the list. But otherwise this is spot on IMO.

Why couldn’t he just answer the HoF question instead of giving a line of BS? I mean at least say “I feel like we had several guys that were deserving of a spot, but that’s up to the voters.” Everyone knows that you’re aware of the voting process.
It’s hard to turn off the dodging-the-questions. I’m not trying to be funny.

But the NKeal Harry hype is funny. With the exception of injuries, it makes zero sense when the season starts, to force a target to a 50% catch rate, 9ypc bust over 6 other better pass catchers and route runners in Meyers, Bourne, Agholor, Henry, Smith, and James White. Harry shouldn't even be in more than 20 snaps a game if this offense is actually playing well and healthy.
Take Harry out of the equation from your post, then reflect for a second on the historical facts - BB plays the players that did the best in practice.

Now you can put Harry back into the equation, but just wanted to remind you of how the Patriots are run so you don't have a stroke IF, and it remains an if because there is a lot of practice/camp/preseason left to be examined before the games start for real, Harry is put out there due to that practice performance.

Seymour will get in eventually.

Agree on Rodney and Vince. Both Hall worthy but are not getting in.

Adam will be in in a few years and that's it until Gronk/Brady.

Phillips picks off Cam against Jonnu. He’s been right on the TEs
Jakobi jukes Jones for a TD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand