PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP Day 11 Training Camp Thread - Monday August 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.

“They’re going to treat Cam like a rental car, right,” he said. “Because they know he’s not going to be there (next season), so they don’t care. They’ll run him into the ground, run all the tread off the tires and then maybe hand it over to ‘Mac and Cheese’ in the middle of the season or late season.”
I don't think he's wrong re: rental car/ starting Mac.

In addition to what you wrote, I think a big factor is where BB thinks the team as a whole should be going on offense, more towards a running approach which favors Cam, or a passing approach that favors Mac.

Curran and Perry said that even in training camp the play mix gets weighed more towards running while Cam is in and more towards passing when Mac is in.

Personally I'm not a fan of the shift towards running QBs in the league, and gotta say I was disappointed with how the team looked with Cam last season. Things were OK when we stayed on schedule with down and distance, but when we got third and long it was ugly. I feel we will have a better chance with Mac, once the coaching staff feels he is ready to step in.

In theory yes, but for me Cam WAS a great running option, based on his build he is supposed to be difficult to bring down, but here again from what I have seen last year (its not the same player anymore from 5 years ago obviously) he is not running that fast nor being that dominant when he did it compared to years before.
Not that he cannot do it anymore at all but here comes the fact that Mac actually can run around as well, he is even fast I think he is as fast as this KC guy with the annoying wife. So its not like he is a statue in the pocket and not agile at all.

It is obviously not THE main part of Macs game, but its not like he can't do it.
And here comes the point when it comes to RPOs, an RPO actually works well if you are a threat not only running around but also throwing accurate passes downfield and attack the defense through the air as well.
In Cams case its basically stack the box, we know the guy can't beat us constantly through the air so those occasional complitions we can deal with, this makes it also difficult for the RBs since they have always to run through a stacked box, whereas Mac can beat you with both, he ain't gonna be Lamar Jackson out there but thats not necessary, he will open the rungame more than Cam will do in my view.

Just wanted to let you know my way of thinking on this topic ;)

Dude just said you're a moron and you come back with this? I'm glad this point has never been made before.

You do realize that scouts are paid to isolate players/prospects and strictly evaluate them. Block out the bad protection, lesser "skill" positions etc and focus solely on a player. That's literally what scouts do.

So the whole "look at what he was working with / crap sandwich" excuse is casual as hell.

More talent outside isn't fixing Cam's mechanics. Better TE's aren't fixing his pocket presence. His accuracy has nothing to do with who's on the outside. His launch being low and throwing it into the fask mask of a IDL has 0 to do with someone else. Better WR's aren't making him pick up and recognize a blitz.

Also save the "watch film" bs. I've been watching A22 of Cam since college and I post some every week on here. With respect I couldn't get through 20 mins of the one you posted. No insight and certainly not education lol. There's like 4 videos and nothing worth while. Feel free to post your own if you think you know what you're doing. I mean you called us out ... let's see what you got?
Hardoooooo.

Hardoooooo.
That was gem. Tells us to watch film and then post a YT video that talks like ... "Newton eludes the rush, throws it behind Asiasi but Asiasi should have caught that"

My favorite ... "Look at what he was working with" ... As if no one knew last year was a complete mess. Thanks for that man. I'll watch film and now understand Cam had no help.

*Edit*

I'm not mad Kontra.

Please don't tell me I'm mad Kontra.

TLDR
I'm not mad online.

Last edited:
Yes very serious. Very instinctual. Great player in college, leader on his team. Not the most athletic hence the late round pick, but the kid loves to play football and plays hard.
"Late-round pick"?

Why are you fools still in here? It's August 11th, move on with your life. There's a new training camp today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore