PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP Day 11 Training Camp Thread - Monday August 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to make conclusions till preseason games. Counting every QB throw at this point is silly. They're still teaching new receivers and TEs all the plays.

But the NKeal Harry hype is funny. With the exception of injuries, it makes zero sense when the season starts, to force a target to a 50% catch rate, 9ypc bust over 6 other better pass catchers and route runners in Meyers, Bourne, Agholor, Henry, Smith, and James White. Harry shouldn't even be in more than 20 snaps a game if this offense is actually playing well and healthy.

That might be Harry’s best opening. If Henry has to miss time at the beginning of the regular season, the team likely carries 5 WRs.

29 year old Division III defensive end who didn't make it to an NFL roster until this past spring (two months with the Ravens).

Through 10 days of camp excluding the day 9 walk through in the stadium...

Cam 92/147 63%, 6 INT
Mac 113/173 65%, 3 INT
If Mac was near 70%, I’d say his chances of winning the #1 QB job would be higher. But I don’t think Bill will give the job to Mac based on the current stats. Also let’s see what happens in the preseason games. The higher completion percentage with more pass attempts, and 1/2 the INTs is impressive for a rookie though.

If Mac was near 70%, I’d say his chances of winning the #1 QB job would be higher. But I don’t think Bill will give the job to Mac based on the current stats. Also let’s see what happens in the preseason games. The higher completion percentage with more pass attempts, and 1/2 the INTs is impressive for a rookie though.

Me think BB doesn't give a **** about stats when it comes to selecting his starter

Yeah it's fun comparing numbers now but the real deal is preseason. Guys will be fighting for jobs on both sides of the ball...it should be good.

I think stats (Ernie Adams) are incredibly important to BB.
My impression is BB looks for different things which are not "countable" in stats, stats for itself have also their own story, you can polish your stats if you want to impress and live for stats like Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees, whats important is:
- can you read the defense?
- can you adjust on the fly?
- do you make smart decision on the field?
- are you fast in taking this decisions?
- are you learning from your mistakes or are you repeating it all over again?

currently the only thing that is in Cams favour is (perhaps his leadership) and mainly his experience compared to the rookie Mac, everything else they are at least on same level or Mac is already ahead of Cam

Why couldn’t he just answer the HoF question instead of giving a line of BS? I mean at least say “I feel like we had several guys that were deserving of a spot, but that’s up to the voters.” Everyone knows that you’re aware of the voting process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back