PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Day 1 Surprises

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
So, Besides Mac Jones sliding down so the Patriots didn't have to trade for him, what were the Day 1 Surprises?

I thought that Harris and Entienne both going in the 1st round was a surprise. As was Payton Turner, Eric Stokes and Joe Tryon.

So, Besides Mac Jones sliding down so the Patriots didn't have to trade for him, what were the Day 1 Surprises?

I thought that Harris and Entienne both going in the 1st round was a surprise. As was Payton Turner, Eric Stokes and Joe Tryon.

Not surprised with Tryon. I think had he played this year he would have been considered a first round talent. He reminds me of a more athletic chandler jones. I think stokes was a little bit of a reach.

Turner and Stokes were both guys I had in mind for 46. Not a huge surprise if they went 20 picks earlier. Maybe they couldn't get trade partners. Or maybe they were graded higher than I had them (1st/2nd, but is that really too far off?).

Bengals have given up on Sewell and Toney taken by Giants as a big reach.

Always hard to define a reach. Once you get past the top 10-15 players, sometimes there isn't a heck of a lot of difference between 16 and 46. Whatever you need you take.

Bengals have given up on Sewell and Toney taken by Giants as a big reach.

Don’t know how you pass on Sewell. Bungles will regret that one. I know there’s some tackles still left but you don’t pass on a guy whose a generational talent.

Always hard to define a reach. Once you get past the top 10-15 players, sometimes there isn't a heck of a lot of difference between 16 and 46. Whatever you need you take.
Agree. It is a matter of a player's evaluation. Personally Bateman or Elijah Moore seem to be more attractive picks. However like you said it depends on needs.

Turner and Stokes were both guys I had in mind for 46. Not a huge surprise if they went 20 picks earlier. Maybe they couldn't get trade partners. Or maybe they were graded higher than I had them (1st/2nd, but is that really too far off?).
Based on NFL Draft Scout, the NFL Draft Bible and the NFL Draft Guide "the beast" Turner and Stokes were both late 2/early 3rd round. So to see them taken in the 1st is a surprise. I'm not saying "reach" just a surprise.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back