PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

David Andrews hospitalized for blood clots (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s outdated compared to eliquis or xarelto which don’t require monitoring...I can’t see him playing contact sports under blood thinning treatment for the next 6 months.

It depends. As I understand it, many patients cannot take those substitutes.

Forgetting about who the next man up is or how the football team adjusts to this horrible news, I am just thankful that this Patriot stalwart has been released for out patient treatment. Good news for him and his family. Get well Sir.

Just Wishing for a clean bill of health for David Andrews and his family.

Had to laugh at this. Quoting a lawyer reference to explain medical pathology.

Its how Thomas died.

Hit his heart through the lungs.

Its how Thomas died.

Hit his heart through the lungs.
Actually the clot passes through the right side of the heart and lodges in the lungs. If enough of the lung circulation is occluded, the right heart fails and the patients suffers circulatory collapse.

Actually the clot passes through the right side of the heart and lodges in the lungs. If enough of the lung circulation is occluded, the right heart fails and the patients suffers circulatory collapse.

Why even engage Triumph? He's a troll who found the original concern for Andrews' situation "funny".

Oh boy, i definitely went overboard with virgin blood on my thing... It was not supposed to do this amount of damage...

get well soon, f***ing Andrews

Article has been unlocked as a courtesy, and is excellent and well-written:

Dr. Flynn: On the danger of a pulmonary embolism and recovery for Patriots' David Andrews | Boston Sports Journal

Remember when the Patriots played a game in Denver and then remained at altitude to train in Colorado Springs before facing the Raiders in Mexico City? Andrews developed an undisclosed illness while in Colorado and ended up missing the next two games. Many believed that this was an altitude illness. So you can understand why a little shortness of breath could have been brushed aside. In high-level athletes, who use their lung reserve very well, small PEs can hide themselves well and are very difficult to detect unless you’re specifically looking for them.

It depends. As I understand it, many patients cannot take those substitutes.
Or insurance companies refuse to pay for the newer drugs. (Obviously not an issue in Andrews case). Drugs are much more expensive. Insurance company refused newer drugs due to cost so spouse stuck with Coumadin.

My buddy got blood clots in his lungs a month or so ago. He had surgery on his achilles and they got into his blood stream and went to his lungs. He was in the hospital a day and a half. He is on blood thinners for three months. It is both painful and dangerous, and yes you can die from it, but it is not uncommon, and in most cases not fatal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results