PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

David Andrews hospitalized for blood clots (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:
Mentioned in the practice notes thread, but the most common rumor going around is that he’s dealing with blood clots.

Mentioned in the practice notes thread, but the most common rumor going around is that he’s dealing with blood clots.

I sure hope that's not true. :(

Where is that rumor coming from?

Why are people using the funny rating here...?

Where is that rumor coming from?

It's a twitter rumor.

But Scar answering "we'll find out" when asked about Andrews isn't exactly what I want to hear.

It's a twitter rumor.

But Scar answering "we'll find out" when asked about Andrews isn't exactly what I want to hear.
Reading way between the lines coming from the were on the Cincinnati organization.
What else would you expect scar to say.
I would expect that answer for anything from Ebola to a hangnail.

Why do people find this "funny"?

Definitely concerned. That’s a big loss if he’s out.

Reading way between the lines coming from the were on the Cincinnati organization.
What else would you expect scar to say.
I would expect that answer for anything from Ebola to a hangnail.

Scar tends to be more forthcoming than Belichick, or others within the organization.

How about "it's nothing major and we expect him back for the opener."
You seriously think scar would say that? This is the patriots coaching staff. Can you show me a single example ever of scar answering an injury question with anything but a cliche?

Scar tends to be more forthcoming than Belichick, or others within the organization.
I haven’t seen that. Can you give some examples where he answered sincerely and openly about players injuries?

That sucks, bear is the leader on the OL, and a team captain.

I haven’t seen that. Can you give some examples where he answered sincerely and openly about players injuries?

Patriots O-line coach Dante Scarnecchia sounds optimistic about Isaiah Wynn
“Well, he’s rehabbing for his Achilles,” Scarnecchia told reporters on Friday when asked about the second-year man. “He’s done a great job. We are going to let the process go forward and as soon as he can get out there, we’ll get him out there. We’ll see. [...] What he’s doing right now is all tied to his health. He’s getting better and all of that. That’s a process and it’s going really well.”

Ok but that doesn’t sound all that much different than we’ll see, just a little more verbose.

"He's done a great job"
"He's getting better"
"That's a process and it's going really well"

A lot different than "we'll find out". The latter indicates uncertainty.

I don't want to jump to conclusions but the blood clot explanation makes sense as that diagnosis often involves testing and investigation to figure out location, extent, etc.

Scar likely would've said something to the effect of, "he'll be fine", or "he's alright" if it was a minor ding.

And none of this is to say that Andrews is done for, but Scar is generally candid so for him to indicate uncertainty around Andrews' status/health means just that -- things are up in the air.

"He's done a great job"
"He's getting better"
"That's a process and it's going really well"

A lot different than "we'll find out". The latter indicates uncertainty.

I don't want to jump to conclusions but the blood clot explanation makes sense as that diagnosis often involves testing and investigation to figure out location, extent, etc.

Scar likely would've said something to the effect of, "he'll be fine", or "he's alright" if it was a minor ding.

And none of this is to say that Andrews is done for, but Scar is generally candid so for him to indicate uncertainty around Andrews' status/health means just that -- things are up in the air.
I’m not getting alarmed.
I get where you are coming from but I really don’t see a big difference in the responses.

I’m not into reading tea leaves or finding conspiracy theories. I don’t understand how “Twitter” would have medical diagnoses.

So whats the plan if Andrews is out for a while?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back