PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darrelle Revis Rumors and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Randy_Marsh_covered_in_ectoplasm-(n1295158719417).jpg

One year is a bit weird (not complaining though).

Like Deion Sanders in 1994 -- one year deal to win the Super Bowl (with 49ers), then after that collect the money (Cowboys -- and he won again with them to really hit the jackpot).

YEAH BABY!!!

UP YOURS, NAYSAYERS!!!

So it's 2 years, ~$26 million when we franchise him :D :D :D

State of offseason bliss comparable only the Randy Moss trade

That 17 million that everyone is talking about is more like 10 million.

1.4 million for the Draft

1.6 million practice squad- 52/53 players

2.0 IR replacements

2.0 million NLTBG Incentives

So without some significant cuts (like Wilfork, Connolly, Kelly) or restructurings.......you can forget about Revis.

2.0 IR replacements

So without some significant cuts (like Wilfork, Connolly, Kelly) or restructurings.......you can forget about Revis.

Except he signed before you posted that.

Its official

1 yr/12 million

He's a pat

HOLY CRAP!!!!

He took a hometown discount!!!!!!!

I have never been so happy to be wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advantage Patriots.

And, yes, I WOULD have been upset if they broke the bank for that guy, no matter how good he is at his position.

To quote the drunken ex-QB football announcer for the Pats: Unicorns!!! Where's The Beef?????

2.0 IR replacements

Think you are a little late to the party

Re: Darrelle Revis Available

Ill eat crow I was a naysayer lol so happy about this

So glad I was wrong. Crow has never tasted so good!

Too bad it's only one year. Oh well, still pumped!

Gotta improve other areas now.

Upgrade. The guy is a master at man corner. The embodiment of instincts, knowledge, gravitas and quickness.

I'm so surprised. :rofl:

Perhaps the most encouraging thing of all this is the Patriots responded to the Broncos moves in the best possible way they could have. The splashy spend is out of the way. Let's get to the business end of Free Agency now.

Now, tie up Woodyard for the LB corps, get Edelman back in the fold, go safety and TE in the first two rounds, maybe sign Avant.

Very disappointed that Matt Shaughnessy didn't work out today.

Glad to know me and BB were on the same page....12 million right where he should be...one year hell he was really on a one year at a time deal in Tampa only difference Tampa had the right to retain trade him. Let him get a taste of what the Pats are about and hopefully he and the Pats can reach a long term deal before next offseason. One thing the Pats have proven is that they have known what the market for players/positions were/are better than the agents. They have been spot on with their deals usually coming in with higher money up front in the contract then what they ended up getting in FA.

Welcome to New England Revis Island! **** yeah!!!!

Now, tie up Woodyard for the LB corps, get Edelman back in the fold, go safety and TE in the first two rounds, maybe sign Avant.

Very disappointed that Matt Shaughnessy didn't work out today.

Only have about $6.4m in cap room now. Will need to make some other move in order to do all that (Wilfork? A. Wilson? Connelly? Kelly?).

Edit -- don't take this as criticism of the Revis signing, I'm thrilled and shocked! Just pointing out a side effect.

Hey Elway, about that whole "dating" thing?

Eat your heart out! :D

Only have about $6.4m in cap room now. Will need to make some other move in order to do all that (Wilfork? A. Wilson? Connelly? Kelly?)

Actually, I think it is less - - probably around 3-4 million.

Per Bedard:

Greg A. Bedard ✔ @GregABedard
If my math is right, Revis' franchise tag would be $14.4 million (120 perent of '14 salary)

not too buzz kill but

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m
Revis’ business manager RT @JohnGeiger_: As of now, nothing has been agreed to with Revis and Patriots.

just putting it here in case

He'll go to the Jets. He loves Rex. He's already on record on national television saying Belichick is a "jerk" - - and he wasn't smiling when he said it.

The Jets have $42 million in cap space to our $17 million and have already jettisoned Cromartie.

http://www.spotrac.com/cap-tracker/nfl/

It is what it is, folks.

Scratches head.....wonders how the hell Belichick pulled this one off..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back