PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darrelle Revis/Chad Johnson discuss their time in NE/Tom vs Bill

Brady ppl when Bill v Tom comes up: “I’m cool I stand with the players the leagues changing Bill ain’t adapted woopty whoop...”

same mfers when deonte... or Jamal... or LaDamiam, etc says something in the media or gets a civil suit: “those durn playurs need ta be GRATEFUL... ego this that... they should be lucky this that...”

whatever. It tells me it’s not about the personnel stuff with you, or X’s and O’s...

Good example: you think bills mishandled the roster, you think Brady’s a good guy. Cool.

so why do ya still hate AB?

it’s the principle here.

I’m grateful to have gotten to watch revis win a championship, and frankly I love his mentality... seems like a high-iq guy, get my money and go type.

Good video from more former players on what it was like playing with the Pats. Revis talks about his career, FA, the hype surrounding "Revis Island", how he feels about Bill and what we all want to know....Tom vs Bill.

Great video. Thanks

We'll be good again faster than other teams who dominated. We're rebuilding. What do you expect after 20 years? If you look at the roster, the team has a few oldies, but also a lot of people in the middle of their careers.

Next year Mac Jones will have 17 games as a starter under his belt, a full complement at OL, 2 TEs, 3 good WRs with hopefully another stud added, bunch of RBs, and a whole lot of decent young guys on D. We're lacking another CB but this team is really coming together. Give it time.
Don't sleep on Wade...;)

I just hate to hear "rebuild" when we spent so much in free agency and have a rookie QB.
How else do you rebuild if it's not through free agency and the draft? Especially when you have brought in the numbers that we did through free agency. Thats a rebuild in my eyes.

players were willing to put up with this style of coaching when he was winning, but he doesn’t win anymore and honestly when is the next time we will win? (as in win our División).
It's crazy how they can't even field a full football team because they aren't winning anymore. Stop being a clown

That explains why former Patriots never return to play for BB and the Patriots after leaving.
Oh, wait!
Another absurd view that I read upstream was that most players don't care about winning. Where does that stuff come from?

He's a bonafide douche. F him.
For sure.

The one thing I liked about him was the way he had the jete bidding against themselves, but even that's a douche move. Since it was the jete it was funny though.

Brady ppl when Bill v Tom comes up: “I’m cool I stand with the players the leagues changing Bill ain’t adapted woopty whoop...”

same mfers when deonte... or Jamal... or LaDamiam, etc says something in the media or gets a civil suit: “those durn playurs need ta be GRATEFUL... ego this that... they should be lucky this that...”

whatever. It tells me it’s not about the personnel stuff with you, or X’s and O’s...
You have any examples of that or did it all occur in your mind?

This board is dominated by Pats ppl. And that's how it should be.

rookie QB's have been led to the playoffs before
Name them. If you're starting a rookie, you're likely not a playoff team.

In fact, it's incredibly rare. Only a handful have ever done it. In the last 10 years, only Dak Prescott and Lamar Jackson have managed to do it and Lamar did it with his legs, not his throwing arm. Mac Jones does not have Jackson's running ability.

Essentially, we have 1 QB, Dak Prescott, in a decade who has managed to do it.

Revis is an interesting cat. He does not care for coaches and does not believe coaches make that much credit. He is one lucky guy to have won a super bowl, his mentality is not that which deserve a superbowl.
Lol so he didn’t fall all over himself praising Bill so he doesn’t deserve a super bowl?

Revis on Deflategate:

“[The Patriots] have a history of doing stuff. You can't hide that . . . Tom was there when they did that stuff in the past.”
"He's the judge, jury and executioner," Revis said of Goodell, who danced around whether he'll recuse himself for the Brady appeal when asked at the league meetings in San Francisco on Wednesday. "Everybody signed off on it…. Why didn't we stand up when it was time to stand up? You can talk about it after the fact, but we all agreed to it. So (the union's) got to point the finger back at (the union)."
The three-time Super Bowl MVP's stature and prior spotless record shouldn't be any consideration, according to his former teammate.
"If I fail a drug test, then I fail a drug test. If I get a DUI, I get a DUI," Revis said. "If Tom gets caught with a DUI, it's a DUI. …. If they are saying that he did what he's done, then the suspension is the suspension. I'm not the commissioner and don't make the rules. If they want to change (the suspension) based on new information or new evidence, then okay, but it should have nothing to do with Tom being the face (of the NFL)."
Brady's former teammates have predictably been his apologists during the scandal (with the exception of ESPN analyst Damien Woody), but Revis doesn't play that game. He admitted that Brady "is going to go down as one of the greatest - if not the best - quarterback that's ever played" and "he's definitely a Hall of Famer," but can't say for certain if the man is a cheater.
"I don't know," he said. "I don't care. It doesn't matter. If people want to judge him as a cheater, that's their opinion."

Like I said not everyone can handle being a Patriot. This guy was a mercenary here and nothing more. I'm not losing sleep that he found it rough here and cries about it now.

And knowing his said all this crap.. implying Brady benefited by cheating and saying Goodell was right to do what he did...I agree with what was said in a post above. Fk him.

Last edited:
Name them. If you're starting a rookie, you're likely not a playoff team.

In fact, it's incredibly rare. Only a handful have ever done it. In the last 10 years, only Dak Prescott and Lamar Jackson have managed to do it and Lamar did it with his legs, not his throwing arm. Mac Jones does not have Jackson's running ability.

Essentially, we have 1 QB, Dak Prescott, in a decade who has managed to do it.
Prescott's the real deal, but I want to point out, his rookie year:

LT Tyron Smith (drafted #9, 1st OL taken)
LG Ronald Leary
C Travis Frederick (1st round, pick 31)
RG Zack Martin (1st Round, pick 16)
RT Doug Free

Free was the only older guy at 32 - the rest were on their sweet spot contract, age 26-28, and Smith, Frederick, and Martin were 1st team all-pros that year.

The Cowboys spent a lot of high draft capital and built a fantastic line there - we see right now with the OL brain farts how important that is for a rookie QB. Also, Zeke was a rookie beside him, running for 1600+ - OLs MATTER!

Revis on Deflategate:

Like I said not everyone can handle being a Patriot. This guy was a mercenary here and nothing more. I'm not losing sleep that he found it rough here and cries about it now.

And knowing his said all this crap.. implying Brady benefited by cheating and saying Goodell was right to do what he did...I agree with what was said in a post above. Fk him.
I don't understand this "he's just a mercenary " label for Revis, like it's a bad thing. I've always considered myself a mercenary in my career. How many people here work at the same organization for 20 years getting 3% annual raises? Unless you're an artist of some sort that loves their work more than money, the rest of us all work for the money. Football is a business. We have no problem saying this when Bill 86s a good, faithful player, because "it's a business." But if a player wants to switch teams (jobs) for more money, he's just a pos mercenary? That's total BS.

Is Thuney just a mercenary? No. He's a good football player selling his talents to the highest bidder.

Revis is a clown. “There are other ways to win” The **** did you know about winning before you came to NE?

Lol so he didn’t fall all over himself praising Bill so he doesn’t deserve a super bowl?
No, that was not my point. If you listen to what he said about the patriots, you can just see someone who is just ungrateful in general. There is something personal in what he said about the pats and I think it has to do with his mom and that ceremony.

No, that was not my point. If you listen to what he said about the patriots, you can just see someone who is just ungrateful in general. There is something personal in what he said about the pats and I think it has to do with his mom and that ceremony.
He played great that season and is a hall of fame player. He definitely “deserved” to get a ring.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back