PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darrelle Revis/Chad Johnson discuss their time in NE/Tom vs Bill

Nothing really to see here. In everyday life, in any workplace, you have folks who respond better to structure, rigid guidelines, strict direction with clear goals infront of them. The folks who prefer a more relaxed/ fluid environment naturally won't enjoy the time spent with said company.

I don't hate em for it.

I remember looking forward to going to preseason practices when the Pats signed Revis. I would always focus on the DB drills. And I was always amazed at Revis' anticipation. It was almost psychic how he would mimic the receiver's routes. Better than any CB I can remember. He was very good while in NE, but unfortunately my lasing image of him was hopelessly trailing behind a Seattle receiver in the endzone on a TD completion (I forget who he was).

But here's the thing that EVERY football player who plays the game for any length of time want from a coach.

He wants to know that his coach can make him a better player.

He want the coach to be able to put him into positions where he can succeed.

He want to know that on game day HIS coach has put together game plans that are better than his opponents

If a player thinks that his coaches can do that, then THAT player is gong to be happy going to work every day. And THAT's the way it has been for 20 year here in NE.

BB has ALWAYS said that NE was not for everyone. It IS hard here. But players know that going in, and there have been a LOT of players who have gladly signed here, and most have taken that time to get better as players AND get paid, either here or elsewhere.

As for Revis' take on his NE experience, it's kind of understandable. Most of his career, well all of it except one year, he spent in a certain culture. He got comfortable in the way things were done. So of course when he came here to a situation where he wasn't the pampered star. Where he was just another lunch pail guy, it would BE uncomfortable. But I DO take exception to his belief that "no body liked it" Because that has been proven to be false

And here the thing - as far as who was responsible Bill or Brady, NO one has been more adamant about that it's the PLAYERS who win the game than Bill Bellichick. NO ONE! No one explicitly tries to diminish his own contribution than Bill. All you have to do is listen to what he's had to say over the last TWENTY years. So I have to laugh when the mediots try to make it seem like Bill wants to win so he can prove it was HIM not Brady who was responsible for all the winning. Bill could care less. He just wants to WIN, regardless of who the players are. People just have realize this. Because THAT is why the Pats won so much the past 2 decades, its because they had 2 guys in key positions who where psychotically competitive and HAD to win with Brady and Bill.

\\

He was very good while in NE, but unfortunately my lasing image of him was hopelessly trailing behind a Seattle receiver in the endzone on a TD completion (I forget who he was).
Doug Baldwin. That was his only catch.

And the ref blocked Revis out of the play.

It was a great play, but he only had one catch after that. Pats took a beat down that day.

You're saying Ty Law was a better CB than Revis during their prime years?
Ty Law was better period. Revis was a good player but overly hyped because he played in the biggest sports media market in the country.

I remember looking forward to going to preseason practices when the Pats signed Revis. I would always focus on the DB drills. And I was always amazed at Revis' anticipation. It was almost psychic how he would mimic the receiver's routes. Better than any CB I can remember. He was very good while in NE, but unfortunately my lasing image of him was hopelessly trailing behind a Seattle receiver in the endzone on a TD completion (I forget who he was).

But here's the thing that EVERY football player who plays the game for any length of time want from a coach.

He want to know that on game day HIS coach has put together game plans that are better than his opponents

If a player thinks that his coaches can do that, then THAT player is gong to be happy going to work every day. And THAT's the way it has been for 20 year here in NE.

BB has ALWAYS said that NE was not for everyone. It IS hard here. But players know that going in, and there have been a LOT of players who have gladly signed here, and most have taken that time to get better as players AND get paid, either here or elsewhere.

As for Revis' take on his NE experience, it's kind of understandable. Most of his career, well all of it except one year, he spent in a certain culture. He got comfortable in the way things were done. So of course when he came here to a situation where he wasn't the pampered star. Where he was just another lunch pail guy, it would BE uncomfortable. But I DO take exception to his belief that "no body liked it" Because that has been proven to be false

And here the thing - as far as who was responsible Bill or Brady, NO one has been more adamant about that it's the PLAYERS who win the game than Bill Bellichick. NO ONE! No one explicitly tries to diminish his own contribution than Bill. All you have to do is listen to what he's had to say over the last TWENTY years. So I have to laugh when the mediots try to make it seem like Bill wants to win so he can prove it was HIM not Brady who was responsible for all the winning. Bill could care less. He just wants to WIN, regardless of who the players are. People just have realize this. Because THAT is why the Pats won so much the past 2 decades, its because they had 2 guys in key positions who where psychotically competitive and HAD to win with Brady and Bill.

\\
You only have to look at how many players have left and have come back, some 3 times.

It's crazy how they can't even field a full football team because they aren't winning anymore. Stop being a clown
chatham is still seeking members to join his BB fan boy club. You should apply

chatham is still seeking members to join his BB fan boy club. You should apply
I'm called a realist, I'm not going to advocate getting rid of the greatest football coach of all time because of one bad season. After the GOAT qb left. Stop whining about a losing season

RGIII
Wilson
Luck
Andy Dalton
Joe Flacco
Mark Sanchez

Some of those teams weren't much better than this Pats team, which is why this year is disappointing.
Right, I saw those names, from over a decade ago. But the names are not impressive. I think those names speak to the fact that--other than Luck and Sanchez--the QBs were not taken by bad teams at the top of the draft. It's unconvincing. In the history of the league there have only been 13 rookie QBs who made the playoffs. It doesn't seem to be a meaningful standard for anything

He didn't say it sucked to play in NE. He said it wasn't his cup of tea. I don't think he said anything that isn't well known already throughout the league. He said there are other places where you can win that don't follow the militant ways of the Patriots. That's true. Not sure why we even care what he says. He certainly doesn't.
Isn't true? I mean, win one Super Bowl sure... but what has Pete Rah Rah Carroll done lately?

No one wins consistently except for the Patriots for the span of 2 decades.

I'm not asking for much, I'm only asking for 5 years, maybe 3 conference championships and 2 SBs.

Are we talking bout just making the playoffs? If so, then Mike Tomlin is a god.

Yall are racist.

there it is.

White players receive a double standard.

tebow, Brady...

go to any black community,ask “you think vicks white he gets the career ruined?” Hell no. They would’ve protected the **** out of him just like they did gruden before he pissed off goddell. He would’ve been protected by the aura of the athlete and capital that at comes with it.

plenty of examples. in African American studies, one of the areas that’s focused on a lot is sports... simply because that’s the first way many of us were able to ascend into that level of money-making.

Extreme history of it in sports don’t act dumb. (Warren moon)

the ab thing was handled disgustingly. Edelman got accused of sex stuff too

But y’all knew what I was saying. It’s racism.

revis doesn’t show out and cuss and flash gold around but yet he leaves professionally and stated his issues w the team succinctly in in a classy way.

it frustrates some. There’s plenty of ppl like him in the workforce too. When they’re whites they’re “focused”, when not they’re cold, a holes, greedy etc.

you want them to be a thug or criminal, but they don’t give you that, so they’re an a hole.
You're an idiot!

Shoot dogs and get protected. Not to mention he was welcomed back into the league with open arms that piece of ****.....who happened to be black.

Bring that garbage to some other place!

\\
It's a player's game. ~ Bill Belichick

Right, I saw those names, from over a decade ago. But the names are not impressive. I think those names speak to the fact that--other than Luck and Sanchez--the QBs were not taken by bad teams at the top of the draft. It's unconvincing. In the history of the league there have only been 13 rookie QBs who made the playoffs. It doesn't seem to be a meaningful standard for anything
This actually proves my point more. Not all those guys were that good, but they still made the Playoffs.

And this Patriots team was also not picking at the top of the draft, like some of those teams. And they spent an additional $300 million.

If Dallas could make the Playoffs with Dak and Jason Garret as head coach in 2016, then what's the excuse here?

Our free agents have been okay, our play on the field has been sloppy and the coaching has not been very good.

what actually annoys me the most is the wide net he cast about players here not having any enjoyment. I will love playing for BB, I have that mindset, it fits my culture and how I go about my business, attention to details, staying focused, studying your adversary, I have done it for 15 years plus and can't get enough. I think Rodney was the same, Teddy as well.

This actually proves my point more. Not all those guys were that good, but they still made the Playoffs.

And this Patriots team was also not picking at the top of the draft, like some of those teams. And they spent an additional $300 million.

If Dallas could make the Playoffs with Dak and Jason Garret as head coach in 2016, then what's the excuse here?

Our free agents have been okay, our play on the field has been sloppy and the coaching has not been very good.
You're making me dizzy with this argument.

The QBs on that list were not drafted high. Not Dak, not Russell, not Marino, not Lamar Jackson, not Dalton.

These QBs were drafted by teams that were not rebuilding.

That's the point here.

The best QBs that came into the league in recent years didn't lead their teams to the playoffs. The teams picking high and taking top QBs aren't making the playoffs. Look at the Chargers. They go from being a playoff team to a team that missed the playoffs with a rookie QB. Now they are looking like a playoff team again.

You're an idiot!

Shoot dogs and get protected. Not to mention he was welcomed back into the league with open arms that piece of ****.....who happened to be black.

Bring that garbage to some other place!
Ayyyy....

shut up

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back