PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darrelle Revis/Chad Johnson discuss their time in NE/Tom vs Bill

You have any examples of that or did it all occur in your mind?

This board is dominated by Pats ppl. And that's how it should be.
Don’tgaslight me. I’m a whole aas studiesminor I know my history.

See that last sentence is in your mind.

pats fans looking at cowboys level obnoxiousness.

No, that was not my point. If you listen to what he said about the patriots, you can just see someone who is just ungrateful in general. There is something personal in what he said about the pats and I think it has to do with his mom and that ceremony.
I didn't take it as personal at all. He was being candid about how he viewed his experience at Patriots Place. A lot of what he said we've heard before from others. He simply doesn't believe in that management style. He credits Bill for winning with that style of management. I've worked for succesful companies where I didn't like the management, so I left. What does he need to be grateful about? He was hired to help us win a SB and we did. Both the team and him benefited from the short term contract.

There's a disconnect between how we perceive our teams and players as fans and what the reality for these players is. This dude is just a businessman that happens to play football.

You have any examples of that or did it all occur in your mind?

This board is dominated by Pats ppl. And that's how it should be.
Were you able to actually decipher that mess of a thought?

Were you able to actually decipher that mess of a thought?
Yall are racist.

there it is.

White players receive a double standard.

tebow, Brady...

go to any black community,ask “you think vicks white he gets the career ruined?” Hell no. They would’ve protected the **** out of him just like they did gruden before he pissed off goddell. He would’ve been protected by the aura of the athlete and capital that at comes with it.

plenty of examples. in African American studies, one of the areas that’s focused on a lot is sports... simply because that’s the first way many of us were able to ascend into that level of money-making.

Extreme history of it in sports don’t act dumb. (Warren moon)

the ab thing was handled disgustingly. Edelman got accused of sex stuff too

But y’all knew what I was saying. It’s racism.

revis doesn’t show out and cuss and flash gold around but yet he leaves professionally and stated his issues w the team succinctly in in a classy way.

it frustrates some. There’s plenty of ppl like him in the workforce too. When they’re whites they’re “focused”, when not they’re cold, a holes, greedy etc.

you want them to be a thug or criminal, but they don’t give you that, so they’re an a hole.

Last edited:
Yall are racist.

there it is.

tebow, Brady...

go to any black community,ask “you think vicks white he gets the career ruined?” Hell no. They would’ve protected the **** out of him just like they did gruden before he pissed off goddell. He would’ve been protected by the aura of the athlete and capital that at comes with it.

plenty of examples. in African American studies, one of the areas that’s focused on a lot is sports... simply because that’s the first way many of us were able to ascent into that level of money-making.

revis doesn’t show out and cuss and flash gold around but yet he leaves professionally and stated his issues w the team succinctly in in a classy way.

it frustrates some. There’s plenty of ppl like him in the workforce too. When they’re whites they’re “focused”, when not they’re cold, a holes, greedy etc.

you want them to be a thug or criminal, but they don’t give you that, so they’re an a hole.
What the hell are you taking about? What does Vick, Edelman, Tebow, and Brady have anything to do with Darrelle Revis and Jon Gruden?

Just don’t wanna feel bad pulling for a team whose fans and region are ducking racist. It’s a fact man. Burden of proof on you not me.

New England, upstate by, everywhere in pa not Philly/burg... it’s just as bad as Mississippi, Georgia... in some ways worse.

kinda why I’m a little happy tbs gone. Part of that guilt of liking yalls Muhammad Ali... yalls Michael Jordan....is subsided.

Just don’t wanna feel bad pulling for a team whose fans and region are ducking racist. It’s a fact man. Burden of proof on you not me.

New England, upstate by, everywhere in pa not Philly/burg... it’s just as bad as Mississippi, Georgia... in some ways worse.

kinda why I’m a little happy tbs gone. Part of that guilt of liking yalls Muhammad Ali... yalls Michael Jordan....is subsided.
You're ridiculous. You spout of a bunch of nonsense generalizing an entire region and fanbase but somehow the burden of proof is on everyone else to disprove what you're saying and not on you to back up your bull*hit.

Where did Revis win his only ring?

He’s a Jet, owes allegiance to them… and yes, of course he liked teams that overpaid him versus teams that paid him only what he was worth.

He came to NE to win and re-inflate his worth as a free agent, he should thank BB for getting him that last contract he was totally not worth. I don’t care if players have fun, most people’s jobs aren’t fun.

Big Papi is our favorite baseball player, Pierce or Bill Russell our favorite basketball player… the area voted for Obama twice… sounds legit.

Where did Revis win his only ring?

He’s a Jet, owes allegiance to them… and yes, of course he liked teams that overpaid him versus teams that paid him only what he was worth.

He came to NE to win and re-inflate his worth as a free agent, he should thank BB for getting him that last contract he was totally not worth. I don’t care if players have fun, most people’s jobs aren’t fun.
Agreed. He basically got paid to play while coming off a knee injury down in sunny Tampa in a scheme that didn't make sense for him. Once he was fully healthy he came up here won a ring then leveraged that into a big deal and that dunce Woody Johnson got to strut around like a peacock. He played well one year but the deal ended up being a major reach by the Jets. All in all he wants to keep in good with the team and the fanbase over in Jersey so it makes sense to downplay his season here even if it came with a ring.

Yall are racist.

there it is.

tebow, Brady...

plenty of examples. in African American studies, one of the areas that’s focused on a lot is sports... simply because that’s the first way many of us were able to ascend into that level of money-making.

Well I'll give you this much, this country definitely has a terrible history of racism in sports and other areas as well. Not sure this is the thread to discuss this though. There was nothing in that video that dealt with the subject of racism. I enjoyed it. Those guys were funny AF. Just very talented regular guys.

For some reason this fan base is ubber sensitive which is odd considering the success of the team. Any successful coach or player from another team gets brought down. It's weird. Not sure that's racist though. They criticize white coaches and players as much as the black ones. That doesn't mean we don't have members that are racist. Of course we do. This is a microcosm of society, in a way.

I don't understand this "he's just a mercenary " label for Revis, like it's a bad thing. I've always considered myself a mercenary in my career. How many people here work at the same organization for 20 years getting 3% annual raises? Unless you're an artist of some sort that loves their work more than money, the rest of us all work for the money. Football is a business. We have no problem saying this when Bill 86s a good, faithful player, because "it's a business." But if a player wants to switch teams (jobs) for more money, he's just a pos mercenary? That's total BS.

Is Thuney just a mercenary? No. He's a good football player selling his talents to the highest bidder.
Well... I like my mercenaries to just do their job and do it well. I get that it was too much to hope he was loyal in some way to the only team that got him his ring - but I'd also rather my mercenaries not to broadcast to anyone listening which might be players around the league now - that it sucks to play in NE under Belichick.

You're ridiculous. You spout of a bunch of nonsense generalizing an entire region and fanbase but somehow the burden of proof is on everyone else to disprove what you're saying and not on you to back up your bull*hit.
Shhhhhhh

Loved me some revis even on the nyj.

one of my all time favorite memories was the one handed moss td on him, even tho he was injured I screamed.

We all knew who Revis was and is, before, during, and after his time here.

He's the best to ever play his position, and he was determined to maximize his income during his career. He approached the game like a business and wasn't going to be accepting less for the touchy-feels of home-town discount or love of the game, or whatever.

Smart guy. I still put him atop the hierarchy, above, Deion, Ty Law, Mike Haynes, Gilly, etc.

Name them. If you're starting a rookie, you're likely not a playoff team.

In fact, it's incredibly rare. Only a handful have ever done it. In the last 10 years, only Dak Prescott and Lamar Jackson have managed to do it and Lamar did it with his legs, not his throwing arm. Mac Jones does not have Jackson's running ability.

Essentially, we have 1 QB, Dak Prescott, in a decade who has managed to do it.
RGIII
Wilson
Luck
Andy Dalton
Joe Flacco
Mark Sanchez

Some of those teams weren't much better than this Pats team, which is why this year is disappointing.

Agreed. He basically got paid to play while coming off a knee injury down in sunny Tampa in a scheme that didn't make sense for him. Once he was fully healthy he came up here won a ring then leveraged that into a big deal and that dunce Woody Johnson got to strut around like a peacock. He played well one year but the deal ended up being a major reach by the Jets. All in all he wants to keep in good with the team and the fanbase over in Jersey so it makes sense to downplay his season here even if it came with a ring.
So many players come here to rehab their image and get a payday, hell Jamie Collins is trying it for a third time and Trent Brown a second time… players may say they hate the rigor and discipline but they usually need it.

Loved me some revis even on the nyj.

one of my all time favorite memories was the one handed moss td on him, even tho he was injured I screamed.
He faked the injury because he got Moss’d.

Ty Law was better.

Well... I like my mercenaries to just do their job and do it well. I get that it was too much to hope he was loyal in some way to the only team that got him his ring - but I'd also rather my mercenaries not to broadcast to anyone listening which might be players around the league now - that it sucks to play in NE under Belichick.
He didn't say it sucked to play in NE. He said it wasn't his cup of tea. I don't think he said anything that isn't well known already throughout the league. He said there are other places where you can win that don't follow the militant ways of the Patriots. That's true. Not sure why we even care what he says. He certainly doesn't.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back