PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darrelle Revis/Chad Johnson discuss their time in NE/Tom vs Bill

the comments made by revis? thats why teams like the jete never win. while he says he appreciated the hustle, he lies... you know he just wanted the easy ride offered by guys like the footmaster, rex ryan... so when it came time to step on the gas, 99% of the time they lost when it mattered...

would have had more respect for him if he just said "i wanted to win at least once... and once i won a ring, all i wanted was money, no longer cared about winning"

Last edited:
Ayyyy....

shut up
Question: Do you really believe all the things you have said in this thread? I feel you are just trolling people. No one can harbor such thoughts and not be a prisoner in their own mind.

Smart guy. I still put him atop the hierarchy, above, Deion, Ty Law, Mike Haynes, Gilly, etc.

Better than Deion? Deion was not too tough, but I am not sure how you judge anyone was better than Deion in coverage.

I'm called a realist, I'm not going to advocate getting rid of the greatest football coach of all time because of one bad season. After the GOAT qb left. Stop whining about a losing season
Why does last years 7-9 not count? 7-9 was REAL mr realist

I don't understand this "he's just a mercenary " label for Revis, like it's a bad thing. I've always considered myself a mercenary in my career. How many people here work at the same organization for 20 years getting 3% annual raises? Unless you're an artist of some sort that loves their work more than money, the rest of us all work for the money. Football is a business. We have no problem saying this when Bill 86s a good, faithful player, because "it's a business." But if a player wants to switch teams (jobs) for more money, he's just a pos mercenary? That's total BS.

Is Thuney just a mercenary? No. He's a good football player selling his talents to the highest bidder.

100% agree.

Revis made it clear he wanted a one year deal and signed a contract. He studied hard and performed at top level.

Question: Do you really believe all the things you have said in this thread? I feel you are just trolling people. No one can harbor such thoughts and not be a prisoner in their own mind.
Didn’t read after the believe...

I bet you’re 5’9” and as lame as your posts in real life

if you don’t like it don’t respond!

vDidn’t read after the believe...

I bet you’re 5’9” and as lame as your posts in real life

if you don’t like it don’t respond!
:rofl: :rofl:, I am 6'4, played LB at TAMU, now weigh a solid 254LB.
I see you. very child like. Now I know you should be ignored.

Last edited:
You're making me dizzy with this argument.

The QBs on that list were not drafted high. Not Dak, not Russell, not Marino, not Lamar Jackson, not Dalton.

These QBs were drafted by teams that were not rebuilding.

That's the point here.

The best QBs that came into the league in recent years didn't lead their teams to the playoffs. The teams picking high and taking top QBs aren't making the playoffs. Look at the Chargers. They go from being a playoff team to a team that missed the playoffs with a rookie QB. Now they are looking like a playoff team again.
Okay why are you ignoring RGIII and Luck?

Okay why are you ignoring RGIII and Luck?
Because R3 is one of my not very good players.

As for Luck, the Colts through the season away on purpose. They were not a rebuild. It was the same exact team Peyton took to the playoffs 2 years earlier. Same players.

That whole thing was a farce. You know how I know? Because Curtis Painter started the first 14 games and went 0-14. Once they secured the worst record, Painter was replaced by Dan Orlovsky. They went 2-0 with Orlovsky. After that year, Curtis Painter was cut and he never ever played in the NFL again. Orlovsky played several more years.

That tells you everything you need to know about what the Colts did that year.

Because R3 is one of my not very good players.

As for Luck, the Colts through the season away on purpose. They were not a rebuild. It was the same exact team Peyton took to the playoffs 2 years earlier. Same players.

That whole thing was a farce. You know how I know? Because Curtis Painter started the first 14 games and went 0-14. Once they secured the worst record, Painter was replaced by Dan Orlovsky. They went 2-0 with Orlovsky. After that year, Curtis Painter was cut and he never ever played in the NFL again. Orlovsky played several more years.

That tells you everything you need to know about what the Colts did that year.
Yes the Colts tanked, but that was not the exact same roster though. Different tight end group, receiving group, etc.

And the Skins made the playoffs with RGIII whose in your "not very good" group.

And the Jets were 4-12 and 10-6 and 4-12 the previous 3 seasons before Mark Sanchez.

I'm not asking Belichick to go to a super bowl or anything, but given how Mac Jones looks, and our roster improvements, I would be disappointed if we finish sub 500 and miss the playoffs.

Even non-rookie QBs who were worse or no better than Mac have been led far. I'm not jumping the gun and saying Belichick is a "bad coach" or anything, but it would say something about him

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back